St Cloud Times on Oistad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Cloud Times on Oistad

SDSU Women's BB recruit Oistad is featured in SC Times today. Sartell is a town of 10,000 that borders St Cloud and Sauk Rapids.

Here is the link

http://miva.sctimes.com/miva/cgi-bin...+sports+686237

Re: St Cloud Times on Oistad

A nice article, but I wouldn't call an overall record of 21-7 and 8-7 against D-I opponents struggling. The women playd Rutgers tough for much of the game and were close in all other games except for UW-Greenbay. I would call that a pretty successful first season in D-I.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing siouxfallsjack. I think you would have to call the first season in D1 a success for the women's team. They had some nice impressive wins over some good teams.

Comment

No doubt, the wbb jacks had a very succesful season. Guessing the paper (like the Argus Leader) is harping on the negatives, so Minnestoa high school athletes will get the perception that the move was bad and the local athletes won't leave area schools (St. Cloud State, Concorida-St.Paul, etc...) to play for State ...also may be protecting instate recruits for U of M wbb program, for years the state prided itself for keeping all in staters to play for the mens hockey team during the Woog era.

Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF
          No doubt, the wbb jacks had  a very succesful season.  Guessing the paper (like the Argus Leader) is harping on the negatives, so Minnestoa high school  athletes will get the perception that the move was bad and the local athletes won't leave area schools (St. Cloud State, Concorida-St.Paul, etc...) to play for State ...also may be protecting instate recruits for U of M wbb program, for years the state prided itself for keeping all in staters to play for the mens hockey team during the Woog era.

I think it was just a poor choice of words. On the other hand, I would not expect SDSU to get much love from a NCC paper in a NCC town. I know that SCSU Fans wich SDSU the best.

As far as the all minnesotan U hockey team...it was a source of pride for Doug Woog and a few other fans. The vast majority of U hockey fans thought is was a stupid idea. Woog sacrificed victories for his pride.

Comment

Working...
          X