Nagy's Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nagy's Time

I've been thinking this for a while now, but I'm finally getting around to this.

I think this recruiting class is really going to tell us what Nagy has and if he can get it done at the Div. I level. In the previous years, there really haven't been certain holes to fill with all the issues involved in moving through transition. The team needed guards, forwards, posts, etc. and basically anyone and everyone that could help out the team.

After these last two recruiting classes and being able to retain some players, it's evident that the team needs some beef underneath that can rebound and play defense. I understand that this is the hardest player to recruit at the mid-major level, but that's their job. Finally coming off a better season and getting some momentum, it's very important that the coaching staff can utilize this and bring some players in. If this team wants to take that next step of being a top 2-3 team in the conference, this class is going to get us there. I really hope they get it done.

They need a big man who can play defense and rebound. The scoring will take care of itself. That's one thing this team can do.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Re: Nagy's Time

The biggest problem is we have had so many players playing out of position the last few years. It sounded like we were close to landing an experienced post player this past year, but they chose to go elsewhere. I agree those 3 open slots will dictate our depth and ultimate sucess and the perception of whether this coaching staff can recruit at the DI level.

Comment

Re: Nagy's Time

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      The biggest problem is we have had so many players playing out of position the last few years. It sounded like we were close to landing an experienced post player this past year, but they chose to go elsewhere. I agree those 3 open slots will dictate our depth and ultimate sucess and the perception of whether this coaching staff can recruit at the DI level.
      Recruiting is the key issue, there is little doubt about that. The current philosophy seems to be to offer early and if the offer isn't accepted early to look elsewhere. I don't know whether to agree with or disagree with that philosophy. I do know there is little question about coaching ability or commitment and those are good things. I think the questions about recruiting are fair ones.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
      X