How good would Oakland be...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good would Oakland be...

this year if they still had Drew Maynard (left team in Dec) and Blake Cushingberry (ACL)? Good grief...

Noticed they have 2 wing types signed in the fall.. still in on Lucas-Perry from HS. They also add Lucas-Perry who started at Michigan.... and get Cushingberry back next year. guards/wings crazy.. not much inside.

ORU seems to have alot of depth back up front.... we'll be in the mix for the top 3... gotta add the talent!! Can pass IUPUI if Young goes pro

Re: How good would Oakland be...

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
    this year if they still had Drew Maynard (left team in Dec) and Blake Cushingberry (ACL)? Good grief...

Noticed they have 2 wing types signed in the fall.. still in on Lucas-Perry from HS. They also add Lucas-Perry who started at Michigan.... and get Cushingberry back next year. guards/wings crazy.. not much inside.

ORU seems to have alot of depth back up front.... we'll be in the mix for the top 3... gotta add the talent!! Can pass IUPUI if Young goes pro
    Yeah, there will be some movement but I still see OU as the big favorite going into next year and with the frontline at ORU you gotta put them at #2.

I'd probably rate it something like this going into next season.

Oakland
    Oral Roberts
    SDSU
    IUPUI
    IPFW
    NDSU
    UMKC
    USD
    WIU

Comment

One team left out of the conference tourney next year? (8 teams make it out of 9)

I will laugh my a$$ off if USD misses the tourney. Id rather see NDSU miss it but they are going to improve next year.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        One team left out of the conference tourney next year? (8 teams make it out of 9)

I will laugh my a$$ off if USD misses the tourney. Id rather see NDSU miss it but they are going to improve next year.
        USD is not eligible next year

Comment

SUU is also still a member of the league for one more year. ORU gets to be their travel partner which is a huge advantage for Sutton's squad.

Comment

I actually didn't know that USD wasn't eligible next year and that SUU was around for one more year. Thanks!
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              Yeah, there will be some movement but I still see OU as the big favorite going into next year and with the frontline at ORU you gotta put them at #2.

I'd probably rate it something like this going into next season.

Oakland
              Oral Roberts
              SDSU
              IUPUI
              IPFW
              NDSU
              UMKC
              USD
              WIU
              I'd switch the top two. ORU brings back 4 of their starting 5 (and the one leaving is the least impactful of the crew) plus the big man Craion comes back, who I believe is going to get a medical redshirt.

OU can't lose their two bigs and win it again...can they? They do need to get on the recruiting trail for their dance team, though. I was a little disappointed this year after the quality they brought years 1 & 2.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                I'd switch the top two. ORU brings back 4 of their starting 5 (and the one leaving is the least impactful of the crew) plus the big man Craion comes back, who I believe is going to get a medical redshirt.

OU can't lose their two bigs and win it again...can they? They do need to get on the recruiting trail for their dance team, though. I was a little disappointed this year after the quality they brought years 1 & 2.
                You could be right, but they still have Bader, Valentine, Hamilton, etc. coming back. I'm sure Kampe will recruit another big body. I'm not going to count them out, they deserve to be ranked #1 after the last couple of seasons I think.

Comment

You could be right, but they still have Bader, Valentine, Hamilton, etc. coming back. I'm sure Kampe will recruit another big body. I'm not going to count them out, they deserve to be ranked #1 after the last couple of seasons I think.
                  I think ORU is going to be the team to beat next year. They have most everything back and Craion back. Tahts a solid group and a lot of experince. Oakland will still be good, but their advantage is going away with Benson and Hudson. Not that they other guys are chopped liver, but you want Feigen and Dykstra to dominate those 2 seniors this year, or That Russian back up, Illja Multinvic(SP) next year? I will take our chances next year.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    I think ORU is going to be the team to beat next year. They have most everything back and Craion back. Tahts a solid group and a lot of experince. Oakland will still be good, but their advantage is going away with Benson and Hudson. Not that they other guys are chopped liver, but you want Feigen and Dykstra to dominate those 2 seniors this year, or That Russian back up, Illja Multinvic(SP) next year? I will take our chances next year.
                    Obviously I haven't seen these guys play yet, but Oakland has a 7', 6'9" and 6'7" freshman listed on their roster. If they were recruited by Oakland I'm sure they aren't chopped liver. They get their best defender in Cushingberry back from injury and return nearly their entire backcourt of Hamilton, Valentine, Bass, Bader, and Eackles. Also add Lucas-Perry who had to sit out this year after transferring from Michigan.

I agree that Oral Roberts is going to be salty and are returning a ton of talent, I just don't think it's a done deal that they leapfrog Oakland next year as they will still be loaded.

Comment

Obviously I haven't seen these guys play yet, but Oakland has a 7', 6'9" and 6'7" freshman listed on their roster. If they were recruited by Oakland I'm sure they aren't chopped liver. They get their best defender in Cushingberry back from injury and return nearly their entire backcourt of Hamilton, Valentine, Bass, Bader, and Eackles. Also add Lucas-Perry who had to sit out this year after transferring from Michigan.

I agree that Oral Roberts is going to be salty and are returning a ton of talent, I just don't think it's a done deal that they leapfrog Oakland next year as they will still be loaded.
                      If they were good enough to play they would have so they as they are tall, but they are not going to be able to replace benson and hudson with freshman in 1 year. They rest are good but they loose the advantage they had. ORU gets back one if its top players again and doesnt loose anyone of importance. I think that shifts the scales enough in ORUs favor.

If NDSU didn't have a PG who ran and looked like a chicken, they could be much improved with there freshman again.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Basically, for next year, I'll be surprised if Oakland loses more than 2 or 3 conference games, with what they return.

No one got a chance to see this year, so it'll be interesting to see how well that 7 foot serbian dude can run the floor.

I'm so glad we have to face Bader for 3 more years too.

Hopefully they'll go cold for at least a couple games next year and we can pull off a win.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I won't be making any predictions until we see what happens during the late signing period, and even into the summer and fall.

Injuries, academics, and personal issues can descimate most any team. The Jacks seem to get "stung" almost every year.
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                            I won't be making any predictions until we see what happens during the late signing period, and even into the summer and fall.

Injuries, academics, and personal issues can descimate most any team. The Jacks seem to get "stung" almost every year.
                            Alex Young might leave early for the draft...so yeah a lot could change.

Comment

Working...
                            X