Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oakland: Summit Semi-Finals

Originally posted by 67jack View Post
    Wow! I was impressed with the Grizz. If they win tomorrow I look for them to make a little noise in the "Big Dance"!
    As much as I hoped for a Jackrabbit victory, I think that having a team like Oakland (assuming they beat ORU) is a much better PR team for the Summit in the Big Dance.

I think that they are the only team that could make a run into the second or third round in the Big Dance.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Oakland is very, very good, but to be honest, I was not super impressed with Keith Benson tonight; the dude get's every.****ing.call.

Dale, Clint and Griff were no-shows tonight. Not a good night from the upper-classmen, but great careers.

Super super impressed with Dykstra and White tonight. Both looked awesome. Nate was Nate.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        As much as I hoped for a Jackrabbit victory, I think that having a team like Oakland (assuming they beat ORU) is a much better PR team for the Summit in the Big Dance.

I think that they are the only team that could make a run into the second or third round in the Big Dance.
        Yeah, there's really no point in even being angry SDSU lost, Oakland is just a flat out better team. Period.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          Yeah, there's really no point in even being angry SDSU lost, Oakland is just a flat out better team. Period.
          Been watching a lot of the Mid-Major championships and that Oakland team I witnessed tonight would beat most of them...especially the MVC champion, Indiana St.

This team is the best men's college basketball team to ever step foot on SD soil....Period.

Thanks for a good year guys. Dale I would love to see you playing FB next year...Clint, I'll miss seeing you drain the three with that sweet stroke! Thanks for taking this program from getting drubbed by SWMSU to being able to play with anyone in the country!!

Go Jacks!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            The game pretty much played out the way the previous two did.

Fast paced. High scoring.

Oakland a ton of points in the paint, and shot lights out from outside.

SDSU couldn't buy a board again, dang hard to get it from them guys.

Dykstra did well. Wolters did well. Sargent wasn't completely off, but wasn't hot either. White did well.
            After the game at Oakland,I said the only way to have a chance to beat them was to slow the game down and keep the score in the 60s or 70s.I meant for the entire game,not at half-time.

Comment

First of all i would like to say how impressed i am with Bader he is one kid that probably slipped through the cracks of some major BCS schools. Second SDSU improved drastically from last year and has gave me much reason for hope. Oakland is flat out better than us at this point and i do not fault anyone for the loss tonight. Dykstra, and Wolters are only going to improve and give us a very lethal one two punch next year. I look forward to the direction SDSU basketball is heading, and cannot wait for next year. Go Big Go Blue Go Jacks

Comment

Oakland looks ready for the NCAA's. I hope they can pull of an upset or two (assuming they don't get upset themselves tomorrow night).

On a positive SDSU note: having 60 of our 90 points attributed to freshmen and sophomores is a good sign for the future. We still need that true center though.

Nice season seniors. You left the team a lot better than you found it.

Comment

props to Oakland.

They did what they're supposed to do.

The SDSU men are still growing, hopefully we can get to the stage that Oakland is in.

Comment

I was impressed with Oakland tonight. They always had 5 players on the court that were threats and our defense just couldn't catch up to them. They had size, and their non-big were all fast and athletic. Add that up with shooting the three-point shot like they did tonight and that is a tough team to beat.

If they win tommorow I will find it very interesting to see where they get seeded in the big tourney and how they will do.

I like our team. We have a lot more talent than we had a couple of years ago. And a lot of it is young. Wolters obviously - yeah. Dykstra came a long way this season. A very special player.
                    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                      Been watching a lot of the Mid-Major championships and that Oakland team I witnessed tonight would beat most of them...especially the MVC champion, Indiana St.

This team is the best men's college basketball team to ever step foot on SD soil....Period.

Thanks for a good year guys. Dale I would love to see you playing FB next year...Clint, I'll miss seeing you drain the three with that sweet stroke! Thanks for taking this program from getting drubbed by SWMSU to being able to play with anyone in the country!!

Go Jacks!!
                      I'm in Sioux Falls watching all the games.
                      I agree completely with propar80s 1st and 3rd points. On the second point: I agree if that's limited to "recent memory". In the 1970s, Al Maguire brought a very good Marquette team to Vermillion to play USD...older timers could probably go back further in time and mentioned some other top teams. But, as far as recent memory (last 30 years at least), Oakland's gotta be the best to visit the state.

Keep in mind after Oakland's visit to Frost this season, Coach Kampe paid a high compliment to Clint by noting that his team had to go after Clint because while the Jacks had a lot of weapons, Clint is the kind of player that can beat a team. So, true to his philosophy, Kampe's team stuck to Clint throughout the game. Clint still played well, etc. but he wasn't allowed the freedom of shot selection etc. that he sometimes has with other teams.

Oakland should win tomorrow and go to the dance. Of course, we have no idea who they'll face but they're the kind of team that can win early rounds in the big dance. Oakland is clearly the class of the Summit League and we should all be pleased to have them appear as the flag-bearer...they can make some noise in the tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        I agree completely with propar80s 1st and 3rd points. On the second point: I agree if that's limited to "recent memory". In the 1970s, Al Maguire brought a very good Marquette team to Vermillion to play USD...older timers could probably go back further in time and mentioned some other top teams. But, as far as recent memory (last 30 years at least), Oakland's gotta be the best to visit the state.

Keep in mind after Oakland's visit to Frost this season, Coach Kampe paid a high compliment to Clint by noting that his team had to go after Clint because while the Jacks had a lot of weapons, Clint is the kind of player that can beat a team. So, true to his philosophy, Kampe's team stuck to Clint throughout the game. Clint still played well, etc. but he wasn't allowed the freedom of shot selection etc. that he sometimes has with other teams.

Oakland should win tomorrow and go to the dance. Of course, we have no idea who they'll face but they're the kind of team that can win early rounds in the big dance. Oakland is clearly the class of the Summit League and we should all be pleased to have them appear as the flag-bearer...they can make some noise in the tourney.

they are way better than the seed they will get. If they can slide into a 10-11 seed they could really shock some people

Comment

On another note Clint was in an Ice Tub all night with leg cramps that he was playing thru aganist IPFW in 2nd half. He could not jump last night and sure it probably had some carryover tonight.

Comment

Kampe was very high on Sargent again tonight. He made it clear that they were worried about Sargent and he thought that he is one of the best players in the league. High praise and thought Bader did a great job on Clint,which he did.

Comment

wow. Oakland was for real, the team isn't your typical mid-major either. Its an athletic team, that shoots good and o yeah they have a 6-11 center who will probably get drafted. if your a fan of a major school you don't want to see Oakland in your bracket.

I think the fact that SDSU doesn't have a true 5 really showed tonight but then again when a team was shooting as hot as OU was it didn't really matter.

As far as the Jacks, the underclassmen played really well, Chad White showed what he could do, I had 71 of the 90 points from underclassmen. (44 from freshman)

I wasn't going to go tonight (I'm under the weather a bit) but I remember passing on a chance to see Mike Miller in hight school and didn't want to do the same with Keith Benson. Well I'm glad I went, the Jacks played good but that Oakland team was fun to watch, if you are in Sioux Falls tomorrow and haven't been to a game this weekend I'd recommend you show up, its really good basketball being played.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                                Oakland is very, very good, but to be honest, I was not super impressed with Keith Benson tonight; the dude get's every.****ing.call.

Dale, Clint and Griff were no-shows tonight. Not a good night from the upper-classmen, but great careers.

Super super impressed with Dykstra and White tonight. Both looked awesome. Nate was Nate.
                                Your right about benson, dude can't take any contact or its a foul. Most be nice having 3 extra players protecting a guy who is good enough for the NBA. You look at him wrong and he would get the foul. It was sad watching officals treat him that way. I lost a lot repsect for summit officals in this tourny.....not like I had much repsect for them in the first place.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X