IUPUI Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IUPUI Thread

Here it is...the 1 minute spurt from last night. I got chills just watching it again.

http://tinyurl.com/4pn95xm

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      Dale's dunk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RThjKaUQIeM

Via Tyler Merriam's twitter

Favorite part is watching the coaching staff and the crowd. Brian really wanted that dunk.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnJack View Post
        Here it is...the 1 minute spurt from last night. I got chills just watching it again.

OMG that is SOOOOOO SSSSWWWWEEEEEEEEEETTTTT!

Comment

Seeing the smile on those kids' faces is absolutely priceless.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Youtube link, maybe its the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFb5maHx-lE
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Youtube link, maybe its the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFb5maHx-lE
              It is. Tinyurl is just a tool to shorten url's for tweet limits.

What an incredible video. Echoing whoever said they got chills.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                Seeing the smile on those kids' faces is absolutely priceless.
                I thought the same thing. The guys for the last 7 years have had to fight like heck just to try to keep their heads above water. Its great to finally start to see some things coming together, and I would imagine it feels even better for the players.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  I thought the same thing. The guys for the last 7 years have had to fight like heck just to try to keep their heads above water. Its great to finally start to see some things coming together, and I would imagine it feels even better for the players.
                  Yep. I really really *really* wish Kai and Garrett specifically could've tasted some of this success. Maybe they did a little bit last year in a couple games, or when they ORU in SF, but as far as putting together a winning season, they never got to feel what that was like.

No matter what, those two I will always think of when I remember SDSU greats of my time.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

So whats with Hunter not doing a post game press confrence? If I read that correctly he didn't attend it. I am not a fan of OOOEEPPPOOOEEYYY. Plus with Hunter calling NDSU fans racist, thats a big deal and not something you say unless you have some evidence. So all in all I am glad we finally beat them, should have been the 2nd time though. I would love to see NDSU beat them next.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      So whats with Hunter not doing a post game press confrence? If I read that correctly he didn't attend it. I am not a fan of OOOEEPPPOOOEEYYY. Plus with Hunter calling NDSU fans racist, thats a big deal and not something you say unless you have some evidence. So all in all I am glad we finally beat them, should have been the 2nd time though. I would love to see NDSU beat them next.
                      Rumor is that he felt the Dale dunk all the way on the bench and it gave him a concussion.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        Rumor is that he felt the Dale dunk all the way on the bench and it gave him a concussion.
                        I heard someone peed in his crabby flakes. So when you win you can do a post game interview but if you lose you don't have too. UNI football coach seems like that kind of person too.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          It's true that he didn't show. It was first believed that he was having a "heart-to-heart" with his squad after the game (similar to Fife after SDSU beat them a few weeks ago.) but that was not the case. Kind of a low ball move to do that.

As I put it to someone afterwards, the line of questioning isn't that difficult after loss like that. ""What went wrong, What do you think of SDSU's chances this season," that kind of stuff) It's not like you're at UNC or Kansas, where you're grilled after every game.

Comment

It's true that he didn't show. It was first believed that he was having a "heart-to-heart" with his squad after the game (similar to Fife after SDSU beat them a few weeks ago.) but that was not the case. Kind of a low ball move to do that.

As I put it to someone afterwards, the line of questioning isn't that difficult after loss like that. ""What went wrong, What do you think of SDSU's chances this season," that kind of stuff) It's not like you're at UNC or Kansas, where you're grilled after every game.
                            Yeah, it seemed a little weak sauce to not do one. All it shows in poor sports, which makes me want to beat them even more. I know i woud be disapointed in our coaches if they failed to do a post game interview.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                              Yep. I really really *really* wish Kai and Garrett specifically could've tasted some of this success. Maybe they did a little bit last year in a couple games, or when they ORU in SF, but as far as putting together a winning season, they never got to feel what that was like.

No matter what, those two I will always think of when I remember SDSU greats of my time.
                              Agreed, but don't forget guys like Hokenson, Geiver, Kleinjan, Casey, Beran, and Loney (probably forgot someone). Guys that stuck with the program and probably worked just as hard as the greats.

Most if not all were recruited when we were DII and were thrown into the DI fire. I still think those guys would have had decent careers as DII players, and they could have transferred (Lord knows many others did). As bad as things were, they would have been much, much worse without players like these.

Garret and Kai did great things at SDSU, but the bunch that preceded them had it the worst.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                                Chains - was that Nelly Dog? Nelly Dog - was that Chains??
                                Yes, that was Nelly. He did seem a little happy with the dunk.
                                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                                X