IUPUI Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IUPUI Thread

That was a great all around effort by the Jacks. Great win for us!!

Comment

I just read TV's article in this morning's Argus. TV noted Stevenson was benched for a week for some team rule violation -- so, he's still on the team.

Tv wrote that Coach Hunter declined to speak to the press after the game.

Link to the Argus story: http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ws|text|Sports

Here's a link to the game story with a couple Hunter quotes from the Jaguar's official site: http://iupuijags.com/mobile/index.aspx?story=2554
      Last edited by JackJD; 02-11-2011, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        I just read TV's article in this morning's Argus. TV noted Stevenson was benched for a week for some team rule violation -- so, he's still on the team.

Tv wrote that Coach Hunter declined to speak to the press after the game.

Here's a link to the game story with a couple Hunter quotes from the Jaguar's official site: http://iupuijags.com/mobile/index.aspx?story=2554
        I would think that Hunter not showing up for the presser must violate conference rules,beyond being a gutless response for his team not playing well.

Comment

Great game, the crowd that was there finally responded with the big run.

Heemstra sick, Stephenson being disciplined.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Big win with some exciting plays. Hopefully they can carry that momentum for a while and get a big road win or two. NDSU would be nice...

Comment

Most of the stuff I was going to say has been discussed.

Though I would actually say that was not Moss' best dunk. I'd chalk that up to one I saw last year that sparked a conversation on here of best dunk ever at Frost. My favorite play of the night was mentioned with Wolters de-pantsing Mr. Future NBA. It was probably with less than 2 minutes left in the half. If anyone can get a clip of that, kudos to you.

I can not believe the number of non-travel calls in the 1st half. That was disgusting. Especially Young. That was not the guy I watched last year in Frost.

I can now relieve myself of feeling like the jinx of Clint Sargent. The hoop must have looked 5' around last night.

Not enough time for Dykstra. He had no fear of their big man. He scored inside and out and rebounded well. Best game I've seen him play in person. I liked.

Why does it take the best run in 10 years to coax the crowd off their feet? Especially students. That was a game of runs back and forth in the first half and some noise really would have been nice. And if you're going to turn around and give me a look when I'm standing up yelling because Nate Wolters is making another opponent look silly...screw you.

Best 5 minutes of basketball I've seen out of a Jacks men's team in a long, long, long time. And overall a very impressive game outside of the last 4 minutes and I'm not going to dwell on that. Wasn't a big deal to me.

Comment

One other thing I noted: It was a bummer to see Callahan pick up fouls immediately when coming into the game. He just couldn't buy a break from the stripes. A couple were legit, a couple were not.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

As awesome as Moss's dunks are, I think his defense has been even better this year. He pretty much guards the other team's best scoring guard every game.

He has been the primary defender on:

12/4 vs NDSU - Tveidt 13 pts, 1 rebound (Season average is 15 and 3) Not great on the surface, but Tveidt has killed us in the past.

12/23 vs Minnesota - Hoffarber 4 pts, 4 rebounds (Season average is 14 and 3)

1/15 vs IUPUI - Young 27 pts, 7 rebounds - (Season average is 20 and 7) Doesn't look too good until you dig deeper. According to the play-by-play Moss left the game with about 10 minutes to go and didn't return. From that point on, Young had 18 points and 2 rebounds.

2/10 vs IUPUI - Young 14 pts, 6 rebounds

Is there a Summit Defensive Player of the Year award? I'm sure Benson will win it, and rightfully so, but Moss should be a finalist, IMO.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                    on the Moss dunk, Nagy just turns away and walks towards the scorers table but that guy must have had the biggest smile on his face and a "My God" sound in his throat. At the presser he was joking and even had a hint of a smile.
                    He didn't have a smile on his face, but his face had the expression of someone trying to hold an emotion back. That was kinda funny.

If you want to see Nagy joking in a presser, win by 20 against a good team. He was in a similar mood after the IPFW win.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                      One other thing I noted: It was a bummer to see Callahan pick up fouls immediately when coming into the game. He just couldn't buy a break from the stripes. A couple were legit, a couple were not.
                      Agreed. Almost seemed like the refs were watching for him (and ignoring the traveling Jaguars -- now, other than the traveling misses and jumping on Callahan early, I thought the refs were okay). Hate to see Callahan on the bench but, fortunately, that bench is getting deep enough and experienced enough that we're okay.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        Agreed. Almost seemed like the refs were watching for him (and ignoring the traveling Jaguars -- now, other than the traveling misses and jumping on Callahan early, I thought the refs were okay). Hate to see Callahan on the bench but, fortunately, that bench is getting deep enough and experienced enough that we're okay.
                        I like where the rotation is at. 8 guys, all of them seem to understand and accept their role. The key, whether we like it or not, will be consistent outside shooting. If we aren't making 8-12 3 pointers and shooting close to 40% from the arc and at least 45% for the game we aren't likely to beat the best teams in the Summit. If we do shoot well but don't play 40 minutes of intense defense, effort on the board, and fast pace then we lose despite our shooting. I'm sure excited to see the rest of this season play out. We have our hotel rooms for the SL tourney make sure you get yours.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...|text|Sports|p

Comment

A nice win for the Jacks to gain some momentum into the final 4 games of the regular season. Hopefully they play similarly tomorrow against WIU.

Here is video of the Wolters plays, tweeted by Tyler and TV a couple minutes ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpZAoooUgxA

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
                              A nice win for the Jacks to gain some momentum into the final 4 games of the regular season. Hopefully they play similarly tomorrow against WIU.

Here is video of the Wolters plays, tweeted by Tyler and TV a couple minutes ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpZAoooUgxA
                              Wonderful video. Hope to also see the 45 seconds of Moss Jam, IUPUI 3 miss and Wolters' feed to Clint in corner of a 3. Even in NOLA I was pumped.

Comment

sounds like a great win for the Rabbits.

I got busy last night and completely forgot about them game.

sure wish I could have been there!

Comment

Working...
                                X