stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stats

I looked at the stats for the mens team to see what jumped out at me this year and it was the 3pt %. the men this year are shooting great as we know. right now 6 players are avg over 35% and made 10 3pters so far this year. Every one but tivis is over 35%. Compared to last year we finished with only 4 over 35% with 10 or more made all year. thats a lot of extra point production a game which I think we saw in our non con games. Inconsistancy is the killer for confrence games but overall its an impressive shooting bunch.

What are others peoples thoughts on stats that jump out to them.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Re: stats

Originally posted by goon View Post
    I looked at the stats for the mens team to see what jumped out at me this year and it was the 3pt %. the men this year are shooting great as we know. right now 6 players are avg over 35% and made 10 3pters so far this year. Every one but tivis is over 35%. Compared to last year we finished with only 4 over 35% with 10 or more made all year. thats a lot of extra point production a game which I think we saw in our non con games. Inconsistancy is the killer for confrence games but overall its an impressive shooting bunch.

What are others peoples thoughts on stats that jump out to them.
    Three point shooting is the biggie. I would guess there are no other teams in the country with such a large group of capable shooters. Awhile back I looked at the other top 5 3-point shooting teams, and they all had 2-3 guys taking the bulk of their 3's at a good percentage with the rest of the team hovering in the 30-35 percent range.

Turnovers is the other one. If you are an undersized team who is going to have to battle for every rebound, you have to limit turnovers to limit the opponents possessions in that way.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Here's a good breakdown for all of our stats compared to the rest of DI

http://web1.ncaa.org/stats/StatsSrv/ranksummary

We might be the best 3-point shooting team in DI considering that other teams shooting 42% or better aren't shooting nearly as many as we are. On the other hand, we are one of the worst teams in the nation at defending the 3.

Comment

It never hurts when on your roster you have your all time 3 pt shooter....and he is surrounded by a center who is shooting 50% from 3 pt range. I know he only has 48 attempts, but ESPN has Jordan 9th in the nation in 3pt%. Now the defense has to choose whether to come out and defend him and open up the lane for Nate to drive or to let him go. Either way....Clint, Dale, Chad and Griff are getting a lot of open looks because of it.

Comment

Working...
        X