Oakland GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oakland GDT

The Jacks will be a much better team if we get a true post player,as Dykstra is best playing outside,both offensively and on defense.

Comment

Was at the game, and that was pretty entertaining to say the least. That was easily the best team I've seen play at Frost. Wow. I was impressed, to say the least.

Not much you can do if you are the Jacks. They tried man, they tried Zone. I was super impressed with Dykstra's offensive game as well as Clint and Nate was Nate.

Keith Besnson was...awesome. He is a force. I can't really be too disappointed about the outcome. We didn't quit in the second half and made a nice little run.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        Was at the game, and that was pretty entertaining to say the least. That was easily the best team I've seen play at Frost. Wow. I was impressed, to say the least.

Not much you can do if you are the Jacks. They tried man, they tried Zone. I was super impressed with Dykstra's offensive game as well as Clint and Nate was Nate.

Keith Besnson was...awesome. He is a force. I can't really be too disappointed about the outcome. We didn't quit in the second half and made a nice little run.

Thanks for this. Sometimes you just have to tip your hat to the other guys.

Comment

Wow,the NDSU season has really gone south after beating us. Unless they pull out a miracle on Saturday and beat Oakland,they will be 3-6 halfway through.We really need a win Saturday to stay in the top four in the conference.

Comment

I think you guys will have a good game with IPFW. Your team will match up well with theirs. Their guards killed NDSU tonight.

Comment

Let's look at the numbers:

SDSU had 23 assists and only 5 turnovers-----outstanding

FG 3pt FT OR DR REB F pts AST TO
              Oakland 37-67 12-26 11-17 16 28 44 15 97 18 13

SDSU 35-77 11-27 7-10 15 17 32 18 88 23 5

Those numbers are not far off and I can name 4 possessions in the last 12 minutes that look like good shots and buckets that did not go in.

Oakland is a talented team and listening to Nagy in the post game really made me wonder why we had not worked on ZONE defense all week and how he said it was easy to play. That was our most effective defense tonight and they NEVER worked on it. Also with 4:32 seconds left in the first half we had 4 players at the scorers table ready to come in on a dead ball, and we were dead tired and finally after a huge run by Oakland and no media timeout Nagy took one with 59 seconds to go.

halftime talks about getting Clint going, why not have that talk the first 3 minutes of the game and run a set play. Heemstra seemed to want to bang tonight while he was in there, if we were not going to use him he should have redshirted. Heemstra fouls alot but that is not always bad in a game like this, and he is pretty quick jumper to battle with Benson.

For the record, I felt we were never in this game no matter what the numbers or final score says, but we battled all night and can take away some positive things and move forward to Saturday and get a much needed home win.

Comment

How scary could this team be come March if we get a few things figured out on defense!? If we even become a mediocre defensive team, we have more than enough offense to beat anyone...yes, even Oakland

Nagy did mention post-game that Nate's ankles have been bothering him. I realize as the season wears (sp?) on that everybody gets banged up...but dear jackrabbit god, don't let Nate get hurt, Amen...
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  dear jackrabbit god, don't let Nate get hurt, Amen...
                  This.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    How scary could this team be come March if we get a few things figured out on defense!? If we even become a mediocre defensive team, we have more than enough offense to beat anyone...yes, even Oakland

Nagy did mention post-game that Nate's ankles have been bothering him. I realize as the season wears (sp?) on that everybody gets banged up...but dear jackrabbit god, don't let Nate get hurt, Amen...
                    Idk, Nate's not that good. We're 4-4 in the Summit and a PG's job is to win games. Maybe a Nate injury would be the best thing for this team?

Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      Idk, Nate's not that good. We're 4-4 in the Summit and a PG's job is to win games. Maybe a Nate injury would be the best thing for this team?

Tried giving you rep, but I must spread some around first.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
                        Let's look at the numbers:

SDSU had 23 assists and only 5 turnovers-----outstanding

FG 3pt FT OR DR REB F pts AST TO
                        Oakland 37-67 12-26 11-17 16 28 44 15 97 18 13

SDSU 35-77 11-27 7-10 15 17 32 18 88 23 5

Those numbers are not far off and I can name 4 possessions in the last 12 minutes that look like good shots and buckets that did not go in.

Oakland is a talented team and listening to Nagy in the post game really made me wonder why we had not worked on ZONE defense all week and how he said it was easy to play. That was our most effective defense tonight and they NEVER worked on it. Also with 4:32 seconds left in the first half we had 4 players at the scorers table ready to come in on a dead ball, and we were dead tired and finally after a huge run by Oakland and no media timeout Nagy took one with 59 seconds to go.

halftime talks about getting Clint going, why not have that talk the first 3 minutes of the game and run a set play. Heemstra seemed to want to bang tonight while he was in there, if we were not going to use him he should have redshirted. Heemstra fouls alot but that is not always bad in a game like this, and he is pretty quick jumper to battle with Benson.

For the record, I felt we were never in this game no matter what the numbers or final score says, but we battled all night and can take away some positive things and move forward to Saturday and get a much needed home win.
                        I also thought Heemstra look very agressive when he got in, I was impressed tonight.

Comment

Our "bigs", if you can even call them that, need to improve their "footwork". Granted, that comes with experience. Anybody remember Benson as an underclassman?

Fiegen has decent footwork. Nobody else does and Tony is too small to be effective against Hunter and Benson despite that footwork. AC, believe it or not, had the footwork and the strength, just not the desire. Now, they can't all be Bill Walton but it should be better. I don't mean just on the offensive end. Footwork and body position inside is just as important on defense and in positioning for rebounds and we got none of that right now.

Who works with our "bigs"? Do we really have anybody with that knowledge base? I think it could make a major difference.

Oakland is good but on a given night we can beat them. Benson is going to get his and they are going to make at least 30% of their 3's but if we can limit 2nd shots and take the air out of the ball a bit we can take them. Need to find a way to get a top 4 seed and have an easier first round opponent in the tourney, I think we will.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            ...Need to find a way to get a top 4 seed and have an easier first round opponent in the tourney, I think we will.
                            ...would we rather be a 4 or 5 seed and face Oakland in the 2nd round, or be a 6 seed and not have to face them until the championship? A 3 seed would be ideal...playing a 'lesser' 1st round opponent and not facing Oakland until Tuesday
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Was very intertaining, frustrating, and heartbreaking game all the the same time for me. I do think this team can play with anyone in the league including Oakland. Benson is a beast and it's amazing to me how big the rest of Oakland's team is, but I don't think they're any bigger than Minnesota or maybe even Iowa, but I didn't see these games in person, only on televison.
                              Hopefully this team can go out and put a beating on the Dead-Elephants Saturday night. Hopefully the crowd can help them out a bit more than last night wether we get down right off the bat or not. Hopefully Frost can start to prove Stu and myself wrong...Hopefully.

Here's TV's game article:
                              http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...29/1002/sports

Go Jacks!!
                              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

A few things I took from Kampe's post game comments....

- He does not expect to lose. He has his team expecting to win every game.
                                - He has a lot of respect for SDSU.
                                - He likes our young players - gave them props said we handled them as well as anyone. Compared to the Big time schools not just Summit League.
                                - Said SDSU is a lot like Oakland when they made the jump 10 years ago.

I will take it... now we just need to play D.

I also need to get angry over this loss. I am not, that worries me a bit. means I never expected to win it... We need to get to the point where we EXPECT to win every game, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X