Player leaves team-Pederson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player leaves team-Pederson

I heard today that Dwight left the team (via Grandma), why leave in the middle of the season, no one has stated anything, also saw his name is off the roster, anyone have more info?

Re: Player leaves team-Pederson

Originally posted by LuckyRabbitFoot View Post
    I heard today that Dwight left the team (via Grandma), why leave in the middle of the season, no one has stated anything, also saw his name is off the roster, anyone have more info?

He's not playing and everyone's younger than him. Tough spot to be in. He was a walkon anyways. It happens.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      He's not playing and everyone's younger than him. Tough spot to be in. He was a walkon anyways. It happens.

too bad, though

Comment

He got some considerable time against Minnesota and that made me feel like he was starting to get something going. Too bad though.

Comment

I suspect, the time spent in practicing and other related activities was not paying the bills. It gets to be choice time, and he took the departure route. Thanks to Dwight for hanging in there.

Comment

Best of luck to Dwight. Being a walk on is a very, very tough gig. I don't think we as fans realize how hard these guys work for very little relative reward. I'm guessing it was a childhood dream of Dwight's to play for the Jackrabbits, and he got to fulfill that dream for a little while. I've got a soft spot for "local" kids, and am always disappointed to see them go.

I happened to talk with a former player once and Dwight's name came up. This player said he was one of the best practice players on the team, and that didn't show up during his stints in games. Nobody wanted to match up with him because he was so physical and fought so hard for everything he got on the court. The practice player part of Dwight's game will be sorely missed in preparing guys like Dykstra for tough matchups.

I hope this doesn't impact Dale's performance/attitude. I've heard the two are good friends off the court.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
            X