Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMKC

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Very impressive win by the Jacks. It's great to see Clint getting hot again. Tony F. apparently had a nice game, too, except for the fouls. Wolters, well, it's gotten so that you just expect him to come up big every game, and he does. Griff, too. Way to go, Jacks. Now go take down those big guys in Cedar City.
    I think Tony has to foul to play as aggressive as we need him to underneath. Great win, Clint is a leader.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      I think Tony has to foul to play as aggressive as we need him to underneath. Great win, Clint is a leader.
      I agree, Tony has to play aggressive defense inside, and fouling is part of that. He plays well when the other team has similar size to the Jacks. It will be interesting to see how we play against a much taller team at SUU.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Great win by the guys.

Tried looking on channelsurfing just a bit after 7pm, and it wasn't on so I gave up.

Can't wait to get to Brookings and see a game.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
          Great win by the guys.

Tried looking on channelsurfing just a bit after 7pm, and it wasn't on so I gave up.

Can't wait to get to Brookings and see a game.
          The game was on channelsurfing.net later in the second half for sure, if not earlier. I know it was mentioned earlier in this thread.

What a great win, though. Wins on the road by 20 points are always tough to get. Let's Go Jacks and beat the T-Birds!

Comment

Game (video)was on GOJACKS.com. Announcers for UMKC were pretty good.

Comment

Don't get to many live games, but drove over from St. Louis for this one. UMKC had a couple of really physically gifted players but their talent dropped off quickly and SDSU wore them out in the second half. They really missed that out-transfer.

The Jacks reminded me of the women's team of a couple of years ago, good depth and the ability to finish off teams... certainly more than when I saw them last in 2009 (minutes without a score to lose at the buzzer to Western Illinois).

I think UMKC made the right decision on returning to campus. Entertained their few fans in a tight venue with lots of minor league type fan contests to keep things interesting. That turnout rattling around the Municipal Auditorium would have been depressing. On the other hand, the people attending with me, thought it was D3 as they walked in.

Comment

Working...
              X