Western Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Western Michigan

Very disappointing loss. 2nd half we started to play. Player rotation was much better in the second half. Missed FT killed us. I don't know what is going on with Clint, but he has to get going. If we aren't getting points from him, his defense and rebounding aren't good enough to keep him on the floor. I was glad to see us play tougher in the second half. We need to play an entire game at CMU.

Comment

Nagy Comments on WNAX: Need to show some toughness and players need to decide that I made some mistakes tonight and I'm going to prepare myself to play and not make the same mistakes in next game. We need people to step up around Nate, he is going to start drawing a lot of attention.

We need to start playing without fear before we are down by 17 points first.
      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
        Very disappointing loss. 2nd half we started to play. Player rotation was much better in the second half. Missed FT killed us. I don't know what is going on with Clint, but he has to get going. If we aren't getting points from him, his defense and rebounding aren't good enough to keep him on the floor. I was glad to see us play tougher in the second half. We need to play an entire game at CMU.
        Nagy just said in his postgame radio interview when talking about the comeback: "Clint finally decided to play."

Who knows what is going on there...

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
          Clint draws a lot of defensive attention. At least he didn't force up a lot of bad shots today. While his defense wasn't too good today, i think it's been real good in the previous games this year, which hasn't always been the case in the past.

Comment

I agree with JackFlash, Cliint needs to get it going. His defense and rebounding are not reason enough for him to continue to get the number of minutes he is getting. Does anyone have an update on Dale's injury? I found it interesting that he was on the bench the last few minutes when we needed defense and rebounding.

Comment

What was I thinking? For some reason I thought this game was a 7 pm start. Sigh.

Oh, well . . . a one point loss after being down by 14 at the half on the road can be one of those games that brings a team together. Hopefully the guys figured some things out in the second half that they can use going forward.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

With as well as the guys have played this year, this one doesnt hurt too bad. We should win the next one and what we have to do well is win in conference. AT this point conference title is only way into NCAA tournament. I dream of the day we can compete for an at large bid.

Nate W for conference MVP as a soph? I think he has a chance.

BTW, still eating crow, AND LOVING IT!! GO JACKS!!

Comment

Originally posted by MinnJack View Post
                  Nagy just said in his postgame radio interview when talking about the comeback: "Clint finally decided to play."

Who knows what is going on there...

That Is Not What he Said!!

"The first half was a debacle, we just didn't show any toughness at all, 7-of-17 on free throws, that alone is about enough to make you sick," SDSU head coach Scott Nagy said after the game. "In the second half WE decided to play."

For the record, Clint as we all know has had a struggle from the field this year, but it is not for lack of effort. The guy draws al ot of attention, and from what I have seen and that is a lot if he is making baskets it makes everyone around him wide open. Clint wants this season to be positive not only for him but also for the future. On defense, he draws them toughest matchup each game on the perimeter, so he may seem to get beat more often than most since the person he guards handles the ball alot and is always a scorer. After the NDSU game, he was crushed for the way he shot and it was written all over his face. He is a leader and a great person who is trying to finish strong and might be taking to much of the blame and burden upon himself. Hopefully soon, we will all be singing the praises again about Clint and his passion for basketball and SDSU!

He wants it way more than most of us can even imagine!

GBGBGJ
                  Last edited by RabbitNation; 12-18-2010, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    ...when you are up 7 with 2:45 to play you have to figure out a way to hang on for the win.

This is something that you learn at a very young age, and how important free throws and good looks at the basket are in crunch time.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
                      That Is Not What he Said!!

"The first half was a debacle, we just didn't show any toughness at all, 7-of-17 on free throws, that alone is about enough to make you sick," SDSU head coach Scott Nagy said after the game. "In the second half WE decided to play."

For the record, Clint as we all know has had a struggle from the field this year, but it is not for lack of effort. The guy draws al ot of attention, and from what I have seen and that is a lot if he is making baskets it makes everyone around him wide open. Clint wants this season to be positive not only for him but also for the future. On defense, he draws them toughest matchup each game on the perimeter, so he may seem to get beat more often than most since the person he guards handles the ball alot and is always a scorer. After the NDSU game, he was crushed for the way he shot and it was written all over his face. He is a leader and a great person who is trying to finish strong and might be taking to much of the blame and burden upon himself. Hopefully soon, we will all be singing the praises again about Clint and his passion for basketball and SDSU!

He wants it way more than most of us can even imagine!

GBGBGJ
                      The quote I put up is correct. He said "Clint finally started to play." Nagy said it postgame in his interview with Imming.

The reason I put it on here is because I was surprised by the way it was phrased. I think Nagy meant that Clint started to play like he's capable of playing. However, he did not simply single out Clint and pointed to others who stepped up in the second half (Dykstra, others, the team as whole).

No way you can argue the desire of Sargent. As a leader on the team, he knows exactly what it takes to win. Opponents have found out that this is jump shooting team and they're sticking to Sargent a little more now. Nevertheless, he's terrifically talented and will continue to make plays. I think he'll flourish in league play with more attention going to Wolters.

Comment

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.s...ack_wmu_s.html

Comment

Excerpt:
                          By Graham Couch | Kalamazoo Gazette
                          Follow

“They were just tougher,” Nagy said. “It wasn’t any X’s and O’s. They were just more physical, meaner, tougher and our guys were very, very soft in the first half. In the second half, we got down 19 and then we got rid of all the fear and started playing.”
                          When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

Watched part of the game on the Internets... . At times in the second half we looked extremely good. At times in the first we looked disinterested. At some point we must stop making "young team" excuses and grit out road wins like this that are there for the taking.

Bottom line, if we shoot less than horrible on FTs we win this one by 8, maybe more because we should have had a double digit lead with about four to go anything close to average FT shooting.

Comment

Working...
                            X