• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks Set For Guardian Classic

(from news at SDSU)

08/17/2005

Field set for Guardians Classic

The 16-team field for the Guardians Classic men's basketball tournament, which includes South Dakota State, has been finalized.

The Jackrabbit men will compete in the Lexington (Ky.) Regional, opening the 2005-06 season Nov. 13 against host Kentucky at Rupp Arena. A change has been made in the other half of the bracket with fellow independent and former North Central Conference foe Northern Colorado now scheduled to meet Lipscomb (Tenn.) in the other first-round game on Nov. 13.

First-round winners and first-round losers will play again on Nov. 14, with the winner of the Lexington Regional advancing to the final four of the Guardians Classic Nov. 21-22 in Kansas City, Mo.

Tickets for the championship round in Kansas City go on sale this Saturday (Aug. 20) at the Municipal Auditorium Box Office, by calling (816) 931-5000. Opening-round tickets are available through the host schools, including Kentucky at (859) 257-1818.

Five teams in the tournament field qualified for last season's NCAA Tournament: Fairleigh Dickinson (N.J) and first-round hosts Iowa, Kentucky, Texas and West Virginia

GUARDIANS CLASSIC
    Lexington (Ky.) Regional
    Nov. 13-14; Rupp Arena
    • Lipscomb (Tenn.) vs. Northern Colorado
    • SDSU at Kentucky

Morgantown (W. Va.) Regional
    Nov. 12-13; WVU Coliseum
    • Louisiana-Monroe at West Virginia
    • Fairleigh Dickinson (N.J.) vs. Wofford (S.C.)

Iowa City Regional
    Nov. 14-15; Rupp Arena
    • Maryland-Eastern Shore at Iowa
    • Colgate (N.Y.) vs. Utah Valley State

Austin (Texas) Regional
    Nov. 15-16; Frank Erwin Center
    • Southern (La.) at Texas
    • Samford (Ala.) vs. Sacramento State (Calif.)

Semifinal Doubleheader
    Nov. 21; Municipal Auditorium, Kansas City, Mo.
    • Austin winner vs. Morgantown winner
    • Iowa City winner vs. Lexington winner

Championship Doubleheader
    Nov. 22; Municipal Auditorium, Kansas City, Mo.
    • Third-place game
    • Championship game

Re: Jacks Set For Guardian Classic

ya'll might be playing UNC but i think both teams have to win their first game in the tournament.

Comment

The two winners from Nov. 13 will play each other on Nov. 14th and the two losers from Nov. 13 will also play each other on Nov. 14th in the Guardian Classic format. So if you beat Lipscomb we will see you on the 14th.

Go State! ;D

Comment

should be fun! I don't know anything about Lipsicomb, so I am going to be a homer and say we win. Thus, we will meet the bunnies after all!

Comment

Have the Bears improved their team from the DII days?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
            Have the Bears improved their team from the DII days?

I think we have. But that's just me. We have a very young team this season without one single senior so it should be interesting. We recruited the top high school player out of Colorado two seasons ago (he will be a sophemore) and we brought some JUCO transfers in this season, so our recruiting has gotten better.

Comment

Working...
            X