Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/29 Sagarin Rank

For 11/29 USA Today / Jeff Sagarin NCAA Men's basketball rankings:

The Summit League is ranked 16 (Compare: Missouri Valley is 10; Big Sky is 20).
    Summit team ranking (Centenary is really an anchor...there are 345 teams in the D-1 rankings and Centenary is 342).
    79 South Dakota State
    82 Oakland-Mich.
    113 Oral Roberts
    153 North Dakota State
    157 IUPUI
    167 IPFW
    259 UMKC
    273 Southern Utah
    275 Western Illinois
    342 Centenary
    Links: For the individual team rankings, go HERE For the conference rankings, go HERE
    U of South Dakota is ranked 268...I didn't take the time to calculate whether the conference ranking would change if SUU and Centenary were out and USD was in.

Re: 11/29 Sagarin Rank

Taking out Centenary and SUU and adding USD results in the Summit moving up by at least two positions using the simple average ranking.

Another interesting bit of info is that the only opponent on our schedule that is ranked higher than us is Minnesota unless I overlooked someone..

Comment

Using the Sagarin ratings here are the predictions for the next 6 DI games...

SDSU 83, Nevada 72
      SDSU 83, NDSU 74
      SDSU 83, Milwaukee 71
      SDSU 79, Western Michigan 78
      SDSU 79, Central Michigan 76
      SDSU 79, Minnesota 95

Comment

Sagarin isn't really reasonably connected with all schools until about 10 games in, so need to take the early predictions very lightly.

Also wanted to not that while SDSU is #1 in tre's success, Bison #4, so this means both teams will have to be play good perimeter D also.

Comment

Sagarin Rank

With last night's win SDSU moved up to 42 in the Sagarin ratings, just below North Carolina and just above Butler. The Summit league is now up to #13 in the conference rankings as well.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagar...terstitialskip
          http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkc1011.htm

Using the rankings, SDSU is favored by about 12 points over NDSU at home on Saturday.

Comment

Re: Sagarin Rank

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            With last night's win SDSU moved up to 42 in the Sagarin ratings, just below North Carolina and just above Butler. The Summit league is now up to #13 in the conference rankings as well.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagar...terstitialskip
            http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkc1011.htm

Using the rankings, SDSU is favored by about 12 points over NDSU at home on Saturday.

The Jacks need this win but anyone who is picking them by 12 is smoking some serious crack; this is where all numbers and records get thrown out the window and history and rivarly take precedence. It's put up time for Jacks' fans.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              The Jacks need this win but anyone who is picking them by 12 is smoking some serious crack; this is where all numbers and records get thrown out the window and history and rivarly take precedence. It's put up time for Jacks' fans.
              You are exactly right NoVa anyone that expects a 12 pt victory is crazy. We all know it will be way more than that!

All joking aside, I think that for the first time since the D1 move the teams are fairly even as talent goes. Should make for many fun games in the forseeable future.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

This is where you dust off the "respect your conference opponents--they know you too well to underestimate them" line . . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  This is where you dust off the "respect your conference opponents--they know you too well to underestimate them" line . . .
                  I think that, along with smack, overused cliches should also be a ban-worthy offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                    And three spots above Gonzaga. I'll be pointing that out to my Zag-wife tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                      I think that, along with smack, overused cliches should also be a ban-worthy offense.
                      How about "Don't dance on someone's grave until AFTER you've buried them" . . .
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

"It is a cliché that most clichés are true, but then like most clichés, that cliché is untrue."

Stephen Fry
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          "It is a cliché that most clichés are true, but then like most clichés, that cliché is untrue."

Stephen Fry
                          "This statement is false."
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            "This statement is false."
                            "All generalizations are false."

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                              "All generalizations are false."
                              Is THAT false?
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                              X