• Show
Clear All

• SDSU Men Lead Nation in 3pt Percentage

I know it's early in the season but still pretty cool:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ntFieldGoalPct

Wolter's tied for 3rd in individual 3pt percentage:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask.../stat/3-points

Re: SDSU Men Lead Nation in 3pt Percentage

Nice first post smoothjack. Welcome to the board. I gave you some rep points.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by smoothjack View Post
      I know it's early in the season but still pretty cool:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ntFieldGoalPct

Wolter's tied for 3rd in individual 3pt percentage:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask.../stat/3-points

Good info.. Rep points and welcome.

Comment

The only thing nicer than smoothjack's 1st post is his avatar! We have to break out the black uni's at home this year...I'm thinking this Saturday!
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          The only thing nicer than smoothjack's 1st post is his avatar! We have to break out the black uni's at home this year...I'm thinking this Saturday!

I sent Nagy a message after the nice win and told him to break out the black for NDSU! We need to change something to change the final score!

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            I can (barely) handle the black uni's on the road...but keep them there for road trips IMO. We don't holler Go Big, Go Black. We don't show any black on the current theme of "These colors never fade". We are the home of the Yellow and Blue and that's one tradition that shouldn't change. I think the change we needed is what we already have...good returners, good recruits, and a difficult transition period now fading out of sight in our rear-view mirror! GO BIG, GO BLUE, GO JACKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
              We don't show any black on the current theme of "These colors never fade".
              SDSU doesn't count white as a school color either, and that's one of the home variants. I don't know if it's an NCAA reg that you have a white uni, or just force of habit, but SDSU already has one odd-ball color in the rotation for every team sport (great, now I'm thinking about yellow home uniforms in baseball----and getting awful 70s Pirates & A's flashbacks)

Also, unless SDSU snags the #1 seed, the road blacks will be seen at the SF Arena during the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                SDSU doesn't count white as a school color either, and that's one of the home variants. I don't know if it's an NCAA reg that you have a white uni, or just force of habit, but SDSU already has one odd-ball color in the rotation for every team sport (great, now I'm thinking about yellow home uniforms in baseball----and getting awful 70s Pirates & A's flashbacks)

Also, unless SDSU snags the #1 seed, the road blacks will be seen at the SF Arena during the tournament.
                They use white on the "these colors don't fade" billboard for the lettering. And c'mon, white has been a traditional "home" color for teams of every school and every sport, but they use prominent school colors on them (hard to see the blue on the black uni's). And they don't have to wear black on all the road games, the blue or yellow works out fine for the visiting team and can be used at SF (although I realize they will probably wear the blacks...doesn't change my opinion of them).

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                  They use white on the "these colors don't fade" billboard for the lettering. And c'mon, white has been a traditional "home" color for teams of every school and every sport, but they use prominent school colors on them (hard to see the blue on the black uni's). And they don't have to wear black on all the road games, the blue or yellow works out fine for the visiting team and can be used at SF (although I realize they will probably wear the blacks...doesn't change my opinion of them).
                  Not a Uni discussion...

Back on topic - I think that the hot shooting for three has really allowed the guys to get used to playing together without having to force anything. Knowing that you can hit the 3s at anytime allows them all to relax and get used to playing one another. Now the big question is can they do it when the games really start to matter and the pressure increases?
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Good point! My apologies.

Comment

So much for leading the nation in 3pt percentage. The sooner we can get rid of that distraction the better. Just don't need to be talking about leading. Just win baby!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                        So much for leading the nation in 3pt percentage. The sooner we can get rid of that distraction the better. Just don't need to be talking about leading. Just win baby!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                        When we lead the country in some positive stat its not a distraction, but a positive fact that is good to be talking about. People always talked about all the bad stuff that happened with the transition, now we are doing something very remarkable, thats never a bad thing in my book. Law of avg will bring it down, but its a good thing. Its like saying our womens team leading in GPA is a distraction. Makes no sense to me to think of it that way.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Playing devil's advocate, I can think of at least .... statistics I'd rather lead the nation in"

- Rebounds
                          - Assists
                          - Steals
                          - Turnover differential
                          - FT percentage

Those you can bank on every game. 3 pt. percentage can be one fickle stat to hang a season on.

Go Jacks.
                          (As for the uni, as long as they win they can go skins and wear the shorty short gold swimming trunks of the Steve Brown era and that would be fine with me)

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                            Playing devil's advocate, I can think of at least .... statistics I'd rather lead the nation in"

- Rebounds
                            - Assists
                            - Steals
                            - Turnover differential
                            - FT percentage

Those you can bank on every game. 3 pt. percentage can be one fickle stat to hang a season on.

Go Jacks.
                            (As for the uni, as long as they win they can go skins and wear the shorty short gold swimming trunks of the Steve Brown era and that would be fine with me)
                            Wins would have to rank right up near the top!
                            When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post

- Rebounds
                              - Assists
                              - Steals
                              - Turnover differential
                              - FT percentage

Go Jacks.

weren't you in that era

Comment

Working...
                              X