Game atmosphere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game atmosphere

Does anyone else think there always seems to be a weird vibe in Frost on game nights, specifically for the men?

I noticed it the other night with Idaho State, and again tonight.

The place just feels like a morgue, specifically when the Jackrabbits are on D. Maybe it's because the last few games haven't been close, I don't know.

Even tonight, when EIU was doing well the first few minutes and had a 6-8 point lead, the crowd was absolutely silent.

Have the last few (7) years affected the crowd so much that we've forgotten how to cheer?

Students being gone probably affected it a little, but again, for Idaho State, they were silent.

To be fair, we do cheer for good plays and forcing timeouts and what-not, but I want it to be LOUD in there when the away team is running their offense.

Maybe we'll get there.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Re: Game atmosphere

I think more closely contested games, get louder crowds.

I can't speak for at Frost but as good as the team was the second half, it was also never in doubt we would win and it was very easy to do other things during the game while listening.

Take for instance the women's game against Ill. State... I didn't do anything but listen and type...lol

The crowds are going to come. I think Nevada will be a bigger/louder crowd and I can't wait for Saturday against NDSU it will be rocking.

Comment

Working...
    X