Dakota Schoolers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dakota Schoolers

The Dakota Schoolers finished their basketball season at 27-10. Tate Pesicka of Yankton was the leading scorer. He averaged 19.5 ppg and shot 40% on 3 pointers. Michael Tveidt was the second leading scorer. He averaged 14.2 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 3.2 apg while shooting 54% from the field. Anthony Cordova was the third leading scorer at 10.1 ppg and averaged 6.4 rpg. I think Tveidt has the best D1 potential. I would love to see Pesicka play for us. I am not sure Cordova has D1 talent.

Re: Dakota Schoolers

i would love to see both tveidt and pesicka in yellow and blue.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack
      The Dakota Schoolers finished their basketball season at 27-10.  Tate Pesicka of Yankton was the leading scorer.  He averaged 19.5 ppg and shot 40% on 3 pointers.  Michael Tveidt was the second leading scorer.  He averaged 14.2 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 3.2 apg while shooting 54% from the field.  Anthony Cordova was the third leading scorer at 10.1 ppg and averaged 6.4 rpg.  I think Tveidt has the best D1 potential.  I would love to see Pesicka play for us.  I am not sure Cordova has D1 talent.  
      Scoring averages are not going to dictate who gets a DI offer and who doesn't. I too think Tveidt is the best DI prospect in the state. I've only seen Pesicka play once and while he is certainly a prolific scorrer I'm not sure DI schools are knocking down his door. I have yet to see him show up in any of the major scouting services.He needs to get much stronger and maybe quicker to play at the next level. I have seen Cordova play multiple times. He held his own against one of the top centers in Minnesota at the Timberwolves shootout (Bryce Webster 6'9 245) who is being recruited by Michigan State,Notre Dame,Boston College,Marquette,KState and Minnesota. Scouthoops.com shows SDSU has made an offer to Cordova. At 6'7 220 he can rebound and play defense. He will never be your top scorrer but has mobility and can make thing happen down low. Will be interesting to see him play at Roosevelt without Krabenhoft. Have you seen Cordova play?

Comment

Actually Tviedt is easily garnering the most attention, then Pesicka, then Cordova. Cordova is only really getting looked at by SDSU, NDSU, and one other team, while Pesicka is getting looked at again by State, plus about 5-6 other D1 programs. Tviedt already has offers from probably 5 d1 programs, including one who was in the sweet 16, plus getting looked at by about 5 others.

Comment

Go Jacks,

Can you fill us in on the other teams looking at the three or are you not at liberty to say?

"I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

[quote author=gojacksgo  Tviedt already has offers from probably 5 d1 programs, including one who was in the sweet 16, plus getting looked at by about 5 others.  [/quote]

The good news is both of Michaels parents went to SDSU. He would really have an opportunity to be a big home state star! The rabbits need a legitimate in state D-1 player to generate legitmacy for the program and Tveidt (pronounced "tweet&quot is it.

Comment

Sounds like Cordova has committed to SDSU for next year.

Comment

Thats great news!!

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo
                  Sounds like Cordova has committed to SDSU for next year.  
                  That is great news, I hope we can grab the most talented players of the Schoolers. I hope our ovations towards Mr. Tveidt are hitting home. Jackrabbit yellow and blue pulses through him already.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I too hope this is true. Cordova is improving every year and I think will become a very solid player for the Jacks. I hope Mr. Tveidt will be the next Schooler to make a committment to the Jacks. This would give the Jacks two young 6'7 forwards to build around and send a positive message to other DI talent in South Dakota. The nice thing about these two is they would not have to take a redshirt year to develop Physically and mentally I think they have a lot of confidence after playing well against top AAU talent this summer.

Comment

I believe that Pesicka has recieved INTREST from Wisconsin-Miluawkee(Sweet 16 last year), and some other D1 schools. Pesicka to be effective at the D1 level should redshirt his Freshman year and only see the weight room.

If Cordova goes to State, it'd be a very nice pick-up. As said before, not much of a scorer, but he does have some potential. He's a good rebounder.

I don't have any news on Tviedt other than he's talking to about 4 D1 schools. I'm not exactly sure what schools he's talking to though. When I find out I'll post. But I'm sure he'll start gaining more intrest in the Midwest as the HS season gets going.

Comment

Has anyone seen anyone seen anything in the media that quoted Cordova that he will committ to the Jacks this fall? Maybe KWSN can get an interview with some of the Schoolers like Tveidt,Cordova and Pesicka.

Comment

Under the 'News' section on the dakota schooler's home page, there is a story about Cordova signing with SDSU.
                          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94
                            Under the 'News' section on the dakota schooler's home page, there is a story about Cordova signing with SDSU.  
                            http://www.dakotaschoolers.com/pages/2/index.htm

Thanks. Here is the story.

Comment

This is great news, looking forward to seeing Anthony in Blue and Yellow! 8)

Go State! ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X