Idaho State GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Idaho State GDT

Things went about how I expected with the exception of the rebounding, our guys really worked hard on the boards. It is tough to stay focused on the fundamentals when you are up 24-3. Should be a good game on Saturday, wish I could be there.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

This game is another example of what I was hoping to see early this season from the Jacks:

1. Playing with intensity
      2. Unselfish attitude
      3. Having fun
      4. Utilize the athletic ability to our advantage
      5. Get the young guys some valuable experience

I think that has been accomplished in every game so far. Have to agree with RO, Idaho State is in for a long year but let's also give credit to the Jacks for bringing the heat early and ending this thing.

The start last night was awesome. Fun basketball to watch. Then we got a little sluggish offensively but the defensive and rebounding effort was there from start to finish.

Didn't catch Nagy saying it last night but has after a couple other wins talking about how we still haven't played a complete game yet.

Jacks fans, you need to come out and watch this team. They are going to be a blast to watch and they are bringing the effort. They want to win! This team doesn't look anything like what we have seen the last several years. The upside is still huge!

Love the start men! Keep it up!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Watched most of the 2nd half through the stream. Although it got spotty the last 8 minutes or so.

I really liked how White looked out there.

Our defense did a nice job of doubling down on the posts, which is good to see, because we'll have to do alot of it.

Also completely agree with the statement that this was a poor team. Yikes. That's the sorriest looking DI team I can remember. Just errant passes, sloppy play...they looked awful.

Comment

We started the first half on a 24-3 run and I remember that, at one point, we started the second half on a 13-3 run. Not sure if we added to that in the 2nd half or not. But 37-6 total combined start to each half is pretty impressive, doesn't matter how bad they are.

Comment

It isn't fair to assume that we destroyed Idaho St. just because they are awful. They might have been awful that night because of what SDSU was doing.

Keep in mind, they did play to within 8 points of Colorado while scoring 80 points so they must be able to play some ball, sometimes.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              It isn't fair to assume that we destroyed Idaho St. just because they are awful. They might have been awful that night because of what SDSU was doing.

Keep in mind, they did play to within 8 points of Colorado while scoring 80 points so they must be able to play some ball, sometimes.
              There are folks that just have a hard time giving the team any credit without also trying to belittle the victory.

The truth is that in the past the Jacks haven't beaten the teams that they are supposed to defeat. This year that seems different, and they aren't just squeaking the victories out they are doing so convincingly. It will just take some longer to get on board with this team.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                There are folks that just have a hard time giving the team any credit without also trying to belittle the victory
                I guess I'll address this because I believe I made the first "they are terrible" post.

My intent wasn't to belittle the win at all. I don't think anyone was doing that. Just stating a fact that they were awful. No ulterior motives. There doesn't have to be ulterior motives or "not giving credit," just stating a fact. Anyone that was at the game could tell that they were a bad team. I was honestly much more impressed with SMSU and even DSU.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                  I guess I'll address this because I believe I made the first "they are terrible" post.

My intent wasn't to belittle the win at all. I don't think anyone was doing that. Just stating a fact that they were awful. No ulterior motives. There doesn't have to be ulterior motives or "not giving credit," just stating a fact. Anyone that was at the game could tell that they were a bad team. I was honestly much more impressed with SMSU and even DSU.
                  Let me say, I wasn't directing my comment to any individual poster on the forum more towards an attitude that can become prevalent when a program is struggling. Every loss is someone's fault and little credit or consideration is given to the opponents abilities while every win is a "fluke" or assisted by the other teams incompetence, officiating bias, etc....

I see it here on occasion and I hear it from others quite often. This program has been improving each year, intelligent and supportive fans recognize that.

Comment

OK everyone, can we agree that the Jacks are better, and that they are beating teams that they should beat by a lot because they should. Also that they haven't played a tough team yet but have beaten the teams that they have played and beat them pretty sound for the most part.

Also in the Iowa game I was most impressed, not because they beat a BAD Big 10 team but because they won a game that was close with 4 minutes left. Something that they had done very few times in the past 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      OK everyone, can we agree that the Jacks are better, and that they are beating teams that they should beat by a lot because they should. Also that they haven't played a tough team yet but have beaten the teams that they have played and beat them pretty sound for the most part.

Also in the Iowa game I was most impressed, not because they beat a BAD Big 10 team but because they won a game that was close with 4 minutes left. Something that they had done very few times in the past 5 years.
                      beating a big 10 team on the road is impressive. i dont care if iowa is going to be at the bottom of their conference. same with the iowa st win a couple years ago, same with usd's win in football against the gophers and the bison win against kansas. we're the little guys who havent been around division one for very long. anyone who doesnt think the iowa win was impressive, isnt very smart. now we need to get some butts in the seats at frost and make some noise so we have the same home advantage we did in D2. and idaho st scored 80 pts on big 12 colorado and lost by just 8. i know, the buffs are a bottom big 12 team.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post

I didn't read your post as putting the Jacks down, but I would like to point out that IMO calling Idaho State the worst team and comparing them to DWU or DSU, is a pretty strong statement considering the narrow window that one game provides. I don't know, RO, if you think we have a fairly decent women's BB team, but I do. And I was at Purdue, where they played an abysmal game, part of which was caused by a good Purdue team. I am sure that most people in that audience, thought SDSU's women were probably one of the poorest teams they have seen play there. I knew our team was better than they showed that night. While I don't think Idaho State is very good, I also believe the play of our men's team that night had a lot to do with how "bad" they looked.

Comment

I agree that our play had a lot to do with it, but I was still more impressed by SMSU. DSU might have been an exaggeration. ISU was seriously awful though. I'm not sure if you were at the game or not, but it is hard to put in words some of the things that happened.

As for the woman's team, I have no idea. I haven't seen them play.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Check out this crazy free throw by an Idaho State player:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF8w3...ayer_embedded#!

Comment

Wow, can't say I've ever seen that happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X