X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigticket1
    replied
    Re: smsu game

The one area that stands out in needing improvement is rebounding,as we have been out-rebounded in all three games. It may be necessary to have two of our bigger players ( Dykstra,Fiegen,Heemstra ) in the game at the same time,especially against teams with more size.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by hoops_guy View Post
    I wish we could get a real evaluation without having to shoot the obligatory 20 more FT's than a D2 opponent. Great start on the road for the Jacks, but dang, wish the refs wouldn't just stick it to the lower division opponent w/o even giving them a chance. Jacks have shown in previous two games they can really be a factor in the Summit race. Only team who will have a clear advantage is Oakland with their inside presence. Go Jacks.
    The Jacks deserverd to shoot more FTs. They were the quicker and more aggressive team. They drew alot of fouls. I didn't realize that they had 20 more, but it makes sense. The Mustangs seemed happy with jumpshots.

It is pretty impressive how long our team looks up close. Teams are going to have a very difficult time getting around our guys without having a hand poke the ball away.

Seemed to me that Wolters may not have felt 100%. He just seemed a little out of sync and didn't play his usual minutes.

Leave a comment:

• TeaJackrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    The student section was into it...but the rest of the crowd was pretty quiet all night.
    Well...weird. Kidding. Just a typical Frost game then. We need to change the atmosphere. Last year I got in trouble more than a few times for actually moving/leaning/standing in favor of the Jacks while sitting on the floor seats.

Glad that both Dyks and Moss thanked student section 2nt. PROGRESS! Need to encourage these guys to encourage the SS to keep it up! We have somethig special here and I hope we can all appreciate it and help out!

GO JACKS!

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
    Crowd wasn't bad. I actually thought it would be worse given the opponent and that the women were playing at the same time.

On facebook Dykstra gave a shout out to the student section and told them it was a team effort. Love to see that!
    The student section was into it...but the rest of the crowd was pretty quiet all night.

Leave a comment:

• TeaJackrabbit
    replied

Crowd wasn't bad. I actually thought it would be worse given the opponent and that the women were playing at the same time.

On facebook Dykstra gave a shout out to the student section and told them it was a team effort. Love to see that!

Leave a comment:

• NoVaJack
    replied

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    Was at the game, didn't watch it real close, had the (20 month old) daughter along, so I was more busy making sure she didn't fall down the bleachers. She loves Jack Rabbit when he's way over there, but when we get up to him, she's not a real big fan. That'll change.

Also, she threw her juice bottle off the 2nd level when we were standing at the SE corner of the court. Seemed like it took 10 minutes to fall the 15 or so feet and crash onto the 1st level floor, spilling her water all over the place.

What little bit I did watch, I noticed that it didn't look like we were running any sets...I could be wrong on that though.

Both teams shot the ball really well....not sure if that's because both teams shoot the ball really well, or if the D just wasn't that good.

From the way TV described the crowd you might have been chaperoning the loudest fan there tonight, Rowdy

Leave a comment:

• TeaJackrabbit
    replied

It was what I expected tonight. Just glad to get a win. Coming off wins at tough EIU and Iowa this was surely a letdown game. On the other side, it was the biggest game of the year for SMSU. I watched USD limp to a win over SDSM&T last night and figured we'd do the same.

Rebounding was poor, defense was poor, among others.

Aireus admitted the guys weren't completly focused and the energy wasn't there.

Nagy said the kids looked like they lost by 40 in the locker room afterwards. I love that! He said he told them any win is a good win and be happy that we're 3-0.

On to Idaho State!

Leave a comment:

• RowdyRabbit
    replied

Was at the game, didn't watch it real close, had the (20 month old) daughter along, so I was more busy making sure she didn't fall down the bleachers. She loves Jack Rabbit when he's way over there, but when we get up to him, she's not a real big fan. That'll change.

Also, she threw her juice bottle off the 2nd level when we were standing at the SE corner of the court. Seemed like it took 10 minutes to fall the 15 or so feet and crash onto the 1st level floor, spilling her water all over the place.

What little bit I did watch, I noticed that it didn't look like we were running any sets...I could be wrong on that though.

Both teams shot the ball really well....not sure if that's because both teams shoot the ball really well, or if the D just wasn't that good.

Leave a comment:

• Prairiehaas
    replied

Fouteen point win and two posters arguing over whether the problem was poor rebounding or officiating. Looks like BB season has started.

Leave a comment:

• LakeJack
    replied

We didn't play our best but the game was never in doubt and we are 3-0

SDSU 94 - SMSU 80

Pretty nice showing by the student section they seemed into it

Leave a comment:

• hoops_guy
    replied

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
    I never said it was perfect, but I'm also not coming to the board to start a war with anyone that posts something different than my opinion.

We have alot to work on after watching this game. Everyone knows that.
    if making an obvious observation is "starting a war" than i guess i'm guilty. Another good win for the Jacks and a 3-0 start is a very good thing to build on with a long home stand. Wolters is a stud and will be a first team all league player this year and Dykstra will be on the all newcomer team.

Leave a comment:

• gojacksgo
    replied

ok. the officiating was perfect again. dang, i am a believer in the jacks regardless of others disregarding certain parts of my posts, but i'm not totally oblivious to officiating either. i have realized once again that any post that could ever be taken as remotely not "glowing" towards the jacks is unacceptable on this board and is going to get ripped. i get it.
    I never said it was perfect, but I'm also not coming to the board to start a war with anyone that posts something different than my opinion.

We have alot to work on after watching this game. Everyone knows that.

Leave a comment:

• hoops_guy
    replied

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
    How many more times did SMSU foul? SMSU should move their feet to get in better position to make plays. That is usually one of the differences between the two levels of basketball.
    ok. the officiating was perfect again. dang, i am a believer in the jacks regardless of others disregarding certain parts of my posts, but i'm not totally oblivious to officiating either. i have realized once again that any post that could ever be taken as remotely not "glowing" towards the jacks is unacceptable on this board and is going to get ripped. i get it.

Leave a comment:

• hoops_guy
    replied

you are correct with your "whatever" response though... the jacks only shot, oh wait, 20 more ft's than SWest. Guess i was totally out of line.

Leave a comment:

• gojacksgo
    replied

how many more ft's, prior to garbage time did the Jacks shoot?
    How many more times did SMSU foul? SMSU should move their feet to get in better position to make plays. That is usually one of the differences between the two levels of basketball.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X