Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Frost Arena

I'm told the football scoreboard is enormous, nearly the full width of the field and almost as tall as the permanent stands. Maybe somebody could find a rendering of the football and basketball boards (Daktronics always makes renderings of its projects) and post them here or somewhere else.

Comment

I probably won't be able to put drawings on here but I will try to get an idea of the size of the boards and maybe find a comparison from another school.
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

They aren't done with the design completely but here is some of the info. For Frost, the center hung with have 4 video displays 12' long by 7' tall. They will be using 10mm pixels. This should be a very sharp display. For the football stadium, the video display will be 29' long and 16' tall. I didn't check the pixel size for this. The structure for the entire scoreboard is 121' long by 56' tall. The whole thing is going to look great on the south end. These displays will be a great improvement to both places. There are more parts than just the main displays.
        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

121 FT. X 56 FT ;D ;D ;D

I cant wait until Sep. 3rd !

Comment

BUB 94

I have heard that there will be a message display of some type that runs basically all the way around Frost in addition to the center hung display board. Is that correct?

Comment

You are correct.  ProAds displays similiar to the ones used by the Wild and Twins will be installed.  Don't know if they will go around the whole arena or maybe just part. Not a lot of space along the north wall and visual problems along the west wall for the displays to be.

Comment

Has anyone heard of a timeline to replace the balance of the bleacher seating at Frost, particulary the upper south side. Would nice to see seating with permenent backs in the rest of Frost. If we have to stay with bleachers perhaps we can go with the blue ones like they put in the student section.

Comment

If they do replace the southside bleachers, I hope they put whatever seats they install there a bit higher, so that the sight lines will allow the students to stand for most or all of the game.

While I'm at it, I'd also like to see them do something about the bad seats at the very end of the bleachers (as well as the permanent seats on the north side), like putting in a corner section to create a real upper bowl, at least around the three sides (east, south, west).

Hopefully the placement of the new scoreboards won't preclude doing something neat like that with the upper deck bleachers.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I was told last year that when the upper deck side bleaches are replaced with the blue seats they will go up much higher on the wall. If you look at that area above the current wooden bleachers, they have probably 25-30 feet of open space to go up, and add rows of seats. That will really make Frost look much bigger.

Comment

I agree with rounding out the upper section to improve sitelines. I was stuck up in one of those corners one year at a USD game and that is not a place to try and watch a game.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                        I agree with rounding out the upper section to improve sitelines. I was stuck up in one of those corners one year at a USD game and that is not a place to try and watch a game.

True, but still much better than seats most of us could get at the grain bin. ;D

Comment

I don't think there are any plans right now to round off the corners in the upper deck. Although, I agree it would be nice

Comment

By the way, I saw the plans and some computer generated pictures of both Frost and Coughlin with the new scoreboards intalled the other day... they are very, very nice. It looked as if they had taken an actual picture of frost and coughlin and set the scoreboards in.

The whole scoreboard at Coughlin is huge , almost stretches the whole endzone.  

We will be in for quite a treat in the fall and winter.
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Has anyone seen any progress at Frost with the new scoreboards?

Comment

I saw Frost when I was back for the Wisconsin-La Crosse game, they hadn't done anything with the scoreboards yet but the "murals", like over at Coughlin-Alumni, were up and they looked GREAT.  It really dresses the place up.  

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X