Eastern Illinois game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern Illinois game...

Time to see what the team is made of. Eastern Illinois should be a great test as they are a very good team that features one of the better guard tandems in the mid-majors. We get to play them twice in November (away/home) and it will be interesting to see how the two games play out.

Eastern Ill is projected to be the 3rd best team in the Ohio Valley Conference which features a Murray State team that won a first round game in the Big Dance. They return their top three scorers, including 1st team all-OVC shooting guard - Tyler Laser. Laser is a 6'1" guard that hit 40% of his 162 attempts from behind the arc, so it will be imperative to play him tight.

Jeremy Granger returns at the point where he averaged 10.3 pts and 3.4 assists per game. He also hit over 40% from behind the arc, but he took less than one per game. He led the team in steals at 1/game. They have depth at guard with senior Currie McKinney, and junior college All-American J.C. Doss. McKinney at 6'4" will likely see playing time as a 3. Coach Mike Miller likes to play a three guard lineup.

Their top returning post player is 6'6" James Hollowell. He averaged over 12 pts/game when he became a full time starter in the later half of his redshirt freshman year. Fellow sophomore Shaun Pratl adds a physical presence with his 6'8", 230 lb. frame.

Eastern Illinois lost to IUPUI last year 66-69, and beat Western Illinois 44-41.

We should have a slight advantage in size across the board, but both teams match up well with experienced back courts, and young but athletic posts.

For more info: http://www.eiupanthers.com/custompag...Prospectus.pdf

Re: Eastern Illinois game...

http://www.eiupanthers.com/news/2010...109102001.aspx

and

http://www.eiupanthers.com/sports/20...lex.aspx?id=23

Comment

TV reports that Chad White is questionable with an ankle injury...
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Is it just me or did anyone else have to take a double look that it wasnt Frost. Score board looked familiar too.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Looks like you can watch the game on the EIU website for 5.95.

Edit: Better Link https://www.nmnathletics.com/regflow...GROUP_ID=83164
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

This should be a tough test. Pretty good team, opening game, on the road. I'll be real happy if we can get this one.

Comment

Is this available on the Jackrabbit Extra I've been paying for all off-season and not using?

Comment

I'm all set to watch it on OVC TV. Bring on the Panthers!

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                  Is this available on the Jackrabbit Extra I've been paying for all off-season and not using?

RPI projects a 10-point loss, and a 12-15 season. Prove 'em wrong, Jacks

Comment

Same here TeaJackrabbit. My guess is away conference games will be available through Jackrabbit Extra because there is no SummitTV this year - they are leaving it up to the schools so I hope we see some game sharing with it.

As for tv, TV tweeted that the game is on ESPN3 but I do not see it. I do see USD vs. Nebraska, but nothing with SDSU vs. EIU. Any news on that? I chcked Channelsurfing.net and found nothing either.

Is Chad White playing this weekend at all?

Comment

Edit, I searched the schedule on top for South Dakota and found the game, however it is not lit up. Does it light up when it becomes available?

Comment

I bit the bullet and ordered the OVC feed as well.

10-8 Jacks at 1st media timeout. No Chad White - have not heard if he is out for sure yet.

No Dykstra or Heemstra yet.

Starters:
                        Wolters
                        Sargant
                        Moss
                        Callahan
                        Fiegen
                        Last edited by gojacksgo; 11-12-2010, 08:56 PM.

Comment

The trap has hurt us early.

Wolters has 2 three-pointers already.

Heemstra the first off the bench for Feigen

Comment

Thanks for the updates, keep em coming

Comment

17-14 Jacks at 2nd Media Timeout.

Shooting well from the outside.

Brayden Carlson is also in the game now.

Comment

Working...
                              X