Matt Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Matt Jones

Maybe Matt should be playing for the Jacks baseball team. I would think they could use another big bat. I have never seen him play baseball, but is he good enough to play for a new DI Baseball squad?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
      Maybe Matt should be playing for the Jacks baseball team. I would think they could use another big bat. I have never seen him play baseball, but is he good enough to play for a new DI Baseball squad?
      Thats hard to say. He's a good amatuer player but I don't think he has quite enough talent to play baseball at the DI level, even for a fledgling school like ours. I can't say for sure however. I just think its good that he is out there playing.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Thats a great topic of discussion, having been to a bunch of Amatuer games over the years and a number of D1 college baseball games over the same period. I would say they arent even close. While an amatuer team may have a player or two that played/could have played college ball. the team as a whole isnt as talented. IMO. With Jones' athletic ability I wonder if he is good enough to play Jacks baseball? although I'm still holding onto hope he could play basketball again.

Comment

Matt had another big game. 2 hits including a double and 4 RBIs leading Lake Norden into the quarterfinals fo the State Am.

Here is a link: http://www.sdaba.com/

LN- Brian Pommer single in the first. Aurora Doyle Price Single in the first. Jeremy Nordbye single in the first. LN- RBI Single by Matt Jones in the Second inning scoring Pick-up player from Volga Ryan Sauter. LN- Joe Stolp RBI triple in the Second inning scoring Matt Jones. Aurora error in the second inning scoring Cody Trumm for Lake Norden. LN- Two run RBI in the Second inning for Mike Thyen. Aurora-Luke Roach two run RBI in the third inning scoring Mike Holen and Travis Milton. LN- Sac RBI By Matt Jones in the third inning. Aurora- Single for Legion Player JaColby Anderson in the third inning. Aurora- Sac RBI by Mike Holen in the Third Scoring Doyle Price. LN- Single for Matt Stevenson in the fifth. LN-Matt Jones two run RBI double in the fifth. Aurora- Mike Holen single in the fifth. LN- RBI Single for Cody Trumm in the 6th inning scoring Ryan Sauter. Aurora- Single for Curt Anderson in the sixth inning. LN Matt Pollock single in the seventh inning. Aurora- Single by Mike Holen in the seventh inning. Aurora- Single by Brandon Bell in the eighth. Aurora-Jeremy Nordbye RBI Single in the Eighth. Aurora- Two run RBI Single by Mike Grabbill in the eighth.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Have there been anymore Matt Jones sightings playing basketball around campus? I noticed the 2005-2006 roster has just 14 players and room for one more! Would be wonderfull to see Matt back on the court contributing and dominating!

Comment

Working...
            X