D-I season ticket sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-I season ticket sales

New Mexico sells about 9,000 season tickets for an arena that seats 18,000.

http://www.abqtrib.com/albq/sp_ncaa/...170183,00.html

Just an indication of the work we have to do . . . I seem to recall a conversation/thread somewhere that we have somewhere just north of 1,000 season tickets for basketball.

Plenty of good Frost seats still available . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: D-I season ticket sales

Does that include student season tickets? Our students get in free with their student IDs, don't they?

Comment

It appears that the Creighton Bluejays will sell over 10,000 season tickets this season for the first time ever. It wasn"t that long ago that their season ticket sales were closer to 5,000. I would guess that the Jacks will see a dramatic increase in season ticket sales in the next few years also. Go State!!!

Comment

I would think we can get to 3500-4000 season tickets in the next few years. Even though our quality and quantity of home games is lean it's nice to have those same seats for every game. I think Jacks basketball tickets are going to a hot commodity in the coming years and now is the time to get on the season ticket band wagon. Even if you can't make every game it's great way to treat a client or friend.

Comment

How many reserved seats are there at Frost? I don't see selling too many more, when you can get a general admission ticket and get a better seat than the upper blue seats.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
            I would think we can get to 3500-4000 season tickets in the next few years. Even though our quality and quantity of home games is lean it's nice to have those same seats for every game. I think Jacks basketball tickets are going to a hot commodity in the coming years and now is the time to get on the season ticket band wagon. Even if you can't make every game it's great way to treat a client or friend.
            I'd like to see it, but 4,000 basketball season tickets would be a truly remarkable feat of marketing. If we consistently play with and occasionally beat some of the "big boys" it could happen.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
              How many reserved seats are there at Frost?  I don't see selling too many more, when you can get a general admission ticket and get a better seat than the upper blue seats.
              Here's a starting point - 468 chairbacks on the lower level north side (9 rows, 13 per row, 4 sections). 50 Courtside (unless they add a couple to the ends).  Someone could probably do an archive search to come up with the permanent chairback number on the north side (my memory is not that good). Then add in the two lower level end sections.  For some reason the number 1347 sticks in my head (I'm thinking upper level chair backs).

There would have to be a number of GA tickets sold as season tickets to get a good base season ticket number.  There are a handful of upper reserved that are obstructed view, they will never be sold. Corporate sponsorships usually include blocks of reserved seats, so there's a committment there for chairbacks.  So say right now, hypothetically, we have 2,500 chairbacks (picking that number out of the air), there would at most be 2200 available for season tickets (gotta keep the corporate sponsors happy and have blocks available).  So to build from that number would require A. GA ticket sales, or B. more chairbacks.  Why by a GA season ticket when you can show up on game day and get one (for now anyway).

Oh, and none of this math includes student numbers. Theoretically then your season ticket base would start at the enrollment number (# students that paid activity fee) and go up. So right now there are approx 11,000 BB season ticket holders (they just don't have assigned seating).
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Aren't the upper bleachers on the south side being replaced by chairback seats next year?

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
                  Aren't the upper bleachers on the south side being replaced by chairback seats next year?
                  OK Jack- I thought on a previous post you indicated you thought something on the south side was "in the works". I would love to see it even though it will cut back further the capacity in Frost. I know there are many people who used to buy general admission seats and sit on the ends and don't believe that is a possibility anymore. They no longer pull out the bleachers on the upper east and west side but imagine they would do so if they expected a big crowd. I would like to see all chairback seating someday with the exception of the student bleachers on the lower south side.    

Comment

Lower south side student section got chairback seats last year. See on the bottom right here:

Comment

Those are not chair back seats but rather new bleachers.

Comment

Don't think they will make the upper south bleachers into backed seats. They have the indoor track on that side. We would lose out in too many seats if we did make them backed seats. You would have more adults taking up the student section.
                        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                          Those are not chair back seats but rather new bleachers.

II is correct.  They're new plastic bleachers with steps.

I'm guessing the master plan is to have Frost seat about 6500 people.  Season ticket sales in the 2,500 - 3,000 range.  This seams realistic to me.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Wednesday, October 26, 2005
                            Story last updated at 1:45 AM on Oct. 26, 2005

http://www.yankton.net/stories/10260...51026044.shtml

SDSU Single-Game Basketball Tickets Available

BROOKINGS -- Single-game tickets for South Dakota State University men's and women's basketball games at Frost Arena are now on sale at the Jackrabbit Ticket Office.
                            Tickets are available at a cost of $11 for an upper-level reserved seat, $10 for adult general admission and $5 for a general admission ticket for children kindergarten through 12th grade.

Season tickets covering both men's and women's basketball also remain available. All ticket requests may be made by calling the Jackrabbit Ticket Office at 1-866-GO JACKS, or by ordering online at www.gojacks.com.

Tickets for the Jackrabbit men's basketball game Dec. 20 against Manhattan (N.Y.) in Sioux Falls will go on sale Monday, Nov. 7. Orders will be processed online through Ticketmaster.com, or by calling the Sioux Falls Arena Box Office at (605) 334-8181. Prices for that game have been set at $14 for lower-level reserved tickets, $12 for upper reserved seats, $11 for adult general admission and $6 for a youth general admission ticket.

The Sioux Falls game will be included in the season ticket package. Tickets, which will be assigned to a seat similar to one in Frost Arena, will be mailed at a later date.

Comment

Working...
                            X