Basketball Prognosticators-Week 1 Preseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basketball Prognosticators-Week 1 Preseason

The exhibition games begin a week from tomorrow on Monday, October 31.  I am starting the picking competition early for two reasons.  First the exhibition picks should be easy and give everyone a shot at a good success rate to carry into the upcoming season and second, it gives me a chance to set up the record keeping system if I have an idea of how many are going to participate.  So if you want to participate, I encourage you to get started this week.  

I will include all SDSU and NDSU games, both mens and womes.  In addition I will throw in some games involving future opponents.  For example I am including exhibition games for Nebraska and Minnesota this week.  Most weeks will have 10 games but this first week there will only be 8. Picks are due by noon on Sunday each week.  Results will be posted late Sunday or Monday of the following week depending on when the last game is player.  

Here are the games for week 1.  All are exhibtion games.

Men:

Oct. 31    Moringside at SDSU
    Nov. 5     Minnesota State Morehad at NDSU
    Nov 5      SW Minnesota at Minnesota
    Nov 6.     Upper Iowa at SDSU

Women:

Oct 31         Nebraska Omaha at Nebraska
    Nov 4          Minnesota Crookston at SDSU
    Nov 5          Bemidji State at NDSU
    Nov 5          Nebraska Kearney at Drake

Enjoy and good luck on your predictions.

To submit your picks, click on my name to left and then send me an e-mail with your picks. I will send you a return e-mail the first week to verify that I received them.

Re: Basketball Prognosticators-Week 1 Preseason

Just a reminder to get your picks in by Sunday noon for the basketball competition. So far there are 11 participants.

This week is all exhibition games and a good chance to get started with a high percentage of accuracy. Next week, regular season games will start includng the Jackrabbits at Rupp Arena to take on the Wildcats.

Comment

As expected, everyone picked the DI team for this first week of exhibition games against opponents from other classifications.  I will just list the participants since everyone has the same picks.  There are 17 participants as of this posting.  If some one forgot to submit, I will add you in to this first week as long as I get your picks before game time tomorrow.

Round one participants.

Footballfan
      Jacks Backer
      Jacks02
      Jacks1979
      Jacks99
      Kid Dakota
      Kruse3310
      Mitchell
      NC2003
      NorCalJack
      Rabbit74
      Rabbitden
      Rabbitlivininverm
      SDSU/BHS-Fan
      SiouxFallsJack
      WestRiverJack
      1bunnies

I will put the games for the next week up on a separte post in just a minute.  The second week will be more of a challenge.

Comment

I'm back from the men's game tonight. Everyone is off to a great start in the prediction game. There were no upsets and the D-1 teams won all of their games. Here is the list of participants again all with an 8-0 recored.

Footballfan
        Jacks Backer
        Jacks02
        Jacks1979
        Jacks99
        Kid Dakota
        Kruse3310
        Mitchell
        NC2003
        NorCalJack
        Rabbit74
        Rabbitden
        Rabbitlivininverm
        SDSU/BHS-Fan
        SiouxFallsJack
        WestRiverJack
        1bunnies

The current week will be a mix of exhibitions and games that count. It will be fun to see how everyone comes out this week.

Comment

Working...
        X