Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UIU Exhibition

Tip off tonight is listed at 7:00 pm.

I noticed on the SDSU web page this broadcast is'nt listed, but I'm sure we can all access it at the WNAX site.

Final tune up before taking on Kentucky

GO RABBITS   GO RABBITS !!!

Re: UIU Exhibition

Halftime

SDSU 40
    UIU 27

Comment

I have speaker problems. Is this game on WNAX? If so I can't hear it on my end.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The game is sounding great on 570Wnax

Comment

Jacks lead 60-39 about 11 min left.

Loney has 19 pts so far

65-39 9:15 to go

Comment

84-56 W for the Jacks...

Comment

Loney finishes with 19
              Holdren 15
              Beran 8
              Berte 4, 10 boards
              Cadwell 3
              Frias 7
              Casey 6
              Engen 6
              Hornby 3
              Keller 3
              Klienjan 2

13-24 FT; Loney was 7-7
              Jacks outrebound 51-38
              20 turnovers

Nagy's comments:
              frustrated w/TO's and FT's

Pleased w/Loney; want's him to continue playing assertive all year

Andre is the PG this year but needs to take care of the ball--will match up next week against last year's national leader in steals (Ronbo)

Beran is hurt a little bit; will go to Dr. tomorrow--not sure what's wrong

Berte' played well but needs to stay out of foul trouble to increase minutes

true freshman were nervous--but played well

Both 6'10" freshman have great offensive skills, need to put on weight

Have not shown much in terms of offensive plays in first two games--doesn't want to give anything away

Comment

We have an abundance of raw talent on this squad. SDSU is back in men's BB

Nagy also said they were going to Kentucky to win. Also concerned about the point guard,Andre. SDSU needs to handle the KU pressure as it probably be greater than what Northern felt.

Comment

I was hoping to hear what happened to Ben because he didn't play the second half. Hopefully it isn't anything serious. We need to have him in the post this year. I posted under the women's thread my comments about the displays tonight. Nice they changed the color from yellow to blue for table display to stop the glare. Center hung with stats was nice change too.
                  Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I'm rather surprised they have Andre as point and not small forward with gadwell point and holdren as shooting guard. Andre can handle the ball but with those long arms, he might have his pocket picked this year. Nice dunk he had tonight for those not there.
                    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I believe Beran has a sore arm...not sure of the pain source but hopefully the Doctor can figure things out tomorrow!

Comment

Nagy said he didn't play in the 2nd half basically because he needed the rest and didn't need to. Hopefully, everything works out at the Doc's office.

Comment

For those of you who have not seen the Jacks play yet this year wait until you see the 2005/2006 version of Steve Holdren. Steve is going to the basket with authority and seems to have a lot of confidence in his jumpshot. As good as Steve played last year he looks even better with more talent around him. Teams won't be able to focus on just him or Ben which allows them to penetrate. Jacks are really looking to run as all their rotations has the ability to get up and down. Bigger teams will have a hard time matching our quickness.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                            For those of you who have not seen the Jacks play yet this year wait until you see the 2005/2006 version of Steve Holdren. Steve is going to the basket with authority and seems to have a lot of confidence in his jumpshot. As good as Steve played last year he looks even better with more talent around him. Teams won't be able to focus on just him or Ben which allows them to penetrate. Jacks are really looking to run as all their rotations has the ability to get up and down. Bigger teams will have a hard time matching our quickness.
                            There was about a five minute stretch in the second half against UIU where the team really seemed to get a spark and get into the game. During that stretch, their talent really showed. These guys can play. There might be some rough patches while they get it together, but this is nothing like last year's team. And yes, Holdren looks like he's going to be a monster this year.

Comment

Working...
                            X