Jackrabbits in Winnipeg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackrabbits in Winnipeg

We need a thread for the four-game series in Winnipeg, two games vs. the U. of Manitoba, two vs. the U. of Winnipeg.
    Monday, August 23: vs. U. Winnipeg
    Tue, August 24: vs. U. Manitoba
    Thu, August 26: vs. U. Winnipeg
    Fri, August 27: vs. U. Manitoba

Seems to me that Jacks fans interested in seeing the 2010-11 edition of the SDSU Jackrabbits should head north on I-29, if their schedules permit, to check out one or more of these games. (I hear Winnipeg is a pretty fun town, although I personally have never been there, BTW.) My schedule, alas, conflicts, so I'll have to wait until December to see this new Jackrabbit team.

But, I observe that the Kentucky Wildcats are up in the land of the maple leaf, too:
    Kentucky wins second exhibition game

I'll further note that Nagy got his famous blue blazer in Lexington. Connections.

I'm pretty jazzed about this four-game pre-season. If the guys can avoid injury (knocks on wood) this seems like a golden opportunity to let the talented newcomers come together with the returnees who come back with some decent talent, let them gel a bit, and see if we'll have something special for the next couple of years. The upside potential, especially given this summer full-team, full-coaching tuneup is ginormous, IMHO.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Jackrabbits in Winnepeg

Anyone know if the games will be shown online or broadcast on radio.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Good suggestion about making the drive. From Watertown, I think it's about six hours.

I've been to Winnipeg. It's a lot like a Midwestern City in the USA (think: Minneapolis with slightly dimmer lights( -- it's a nice place to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Good suggestion about making the drive. From Watertown, I think it's about six hours.

I've been to Winnipeg. It's a lot like a Midwestern City in the USA (think: Minneapolis with slightly dimmer lights( -- it's a nice place to visit.
        And about 3 million less people. Size wise it is closer to Omaha, although Omaha is a little bigger.

Comment

If you go remember that there are new requirements for foreign travel. Yes under the law Canada is considered a foreign country. You need either a passport, passport card, enhanced drivers license, or a Nexus card. Any one of the four will do. You can no longer go with just a drivers license and a birth certificate. Also, Canada considers some misdemeanor crimes commited here as felonies there which means they may not let you in. A DWI commtted here may mean that the Canucks won't let you in there. Just some things to be aware of. I know no one on here fits the later part about the DWI and misdemeanors .

Comment

Winnepeg is a great city, easy drive from eastern SD straight up I-29. The boarder crossing is a lot bigger hassle now. If SDSU makes this trip in another 10 years I'd probably follow along.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Winnipeg is 6 hours from Brookings border crossing at Emerson. Enjoy

Comment

TV story on the Canadian trip

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...28/1002/sports

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  Anyone know if the games will be shown online or broadcast on radio.
                  The game tonight and Thursday will be online.

http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...43&SPSID=64545

Comment

Re: Jackrabbits in Winnipeg

Anybody else have a problem with the videostream link to the game. I click it and the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" comes up.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
                      Anybody else have a problem with the videostream link to the game. I click it and the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" comes up.
                      Can't get it to work!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
                        Not working for me in Firefox either.

Comment

Jacks up 25-4
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Streaming video will one day cause me a heart attack. Either my blood will finally boil from technical problems, or I will die of shock when it actually does work.

In all seriousness, the athletic department should have sent a staffer with a fricking webcam up to Canadia to stream these games.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Jacks up at half 52 to 32, i am following it on TV's live chat.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/9...S0202/91221041
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                              X