Weber State University
    Oregon State University
    University of Idaho
    University of Northern Colorado
    Gonzaga University
    University of Portland
    South Dakota State University
    UCSB

Now, that's a who's who of Western U.S. Division I Golf!!
    Good Luck Jackrabbits, first 36 holes starts on Saturday!

Did I mention the tournament is in Palm Desert, California??
    Check this place out...http://www.classicclubgolf.com/SEM-2...cf665c1e0.html

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Re: 2008 U.of Wyoming Desert Classic

There are a lot of quality teams in the field. University of Arizona is consistently ranked in the top 25 and Weber State is also pretty solid. Colorado State is currently #27 and Weber State has been strong in the past.

Our guys are gamers and it wouldn't surprise me to see them win another title!

Good luck to Coach Baszler and the Jacks!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Plus two other Summit teams:

UMKC and SUU

Do we have a sense as to whether this SDSU golf team has a good shot to win the Summit League?

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
        Plus two other Summit teams:

UMKC and SUU

Do we have a sense as to whether this SDSU golf team has a good shot to win the Summit League?
        I would say right now we can play with anyone in the Summitt League. The real challenge for the team is to pick up where they left off when the fall season ends. That does give the southernmost teams an advantage. Even the climate change between here and Kansas City makes a big difference. There have been a couple of tournaments that they have traveled to in the spring the last couple years where they hadn't had an opportunity to be on greens until they got there. It makes it tough to go low!

That being said, we have some very strong players that just seem to get better the closer they are to the lead at the end of a tournament. If the conference tournament was this fall we would be tough to beat. My guess is they will be right there in the spring but ut will be a challenge!

EDIT- UMKC and SUU were 2nd and 4th respectively at the Summitt League Champrionship last year so this tournament should provide good insight into where we stack up.

SUPERBUNNY
        Last edited by SUPERBUNNY; 10-01-2008, 04:08 PM. Reason: More Information
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
        X