Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Football Difference Maker's Club

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    I think I may join the Difference Makers Club this year. Could someone that is already a member provide some insight as to their experience last year. Also, did any other meetings take place during the off-season? Thanks.
    It will cost you 500 dollars a year. The meetings are held in Brookings at 7:00AM on Tuesday mornings and that is a hard fit for my schedule when you play whist at a senior center about 200 miles away on Tuesdays. As a result I did not make it to very many meetings, but those I did make were very interesting. Coach Stig makes an effort to get everyone involved with trivia questions and always takes time to answer any question you might have about the program. I believe the SF meetings are in the evenings which would be a better fit for me. Whether you can make the meetings or not, your contribution is put to use making a difference in the program. I still plan on being a member bad schedule fit or not. You will get the scoop from the horses mouth about what is going on. Its a great opportunity to find out the latest on what is happening in the program. Its not for everyone, but great for those who love 'x's and 'o's and want a in-depth explanation of strategy.

Comment

I was a member of the Sioux Falls group, there were about 6 of us. It was a great time,getting inside information on the game plan for the upcoming week, watching film, and talking with Stig. Being a member also got me 2 on field passes for the Nebraska game which was unbelievable. If we want the football program to continue to improve,I thing this program has to get more members.
      We also had a gathering at the spring game, with food, and watch the game from inside the Dykhouse Center.

Comment

Originally posted by poppa1 View Post
        I was a member of the Sioux Falls group, there were about 6 of us. It was a great time,getting inside information on the game plan for the upcoming week, watching film, and talking with Stig. Being a member also got me 2 on field passes for the Nebraska game which was unbelievable. If we want the football program to continue to improve,I thing this program has to get more members.
        We also had a gathering at the spring game, with food, and watch the game from inside the Dykhouse Center.
        What day, time of day, and where did you meet for the Sioux Falls group?

Comment

We met on Monday evening from 6:00pm til 8:00PM, with pizza being served duringthe meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            What day, time of day, and where did you meet for the Sioux Falls group?
            Last year it was Monday nights at the downtown Holiday Inn. This year might be different. No details have been released yet. You could email Coach Stig or his secretary whose name escapes me, but I am sure the details will be put out soon.

Comment

Just spoke quickly with Coach Stig about the meetings in SF. Seems that they will be on Thursdays this year in SF, with the first one before the season opener and every third Thursday following. The meeting in SF will differ from Brookings in that regard, at least the way I understood it. The meeting in SF will be longer since we will meet less frequently, but expect the same content. Location TBD.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

If I understood Coach Stig correctly the meetings in Brookings will now be Wednesday evenings vs Wednesday mornings like last year. I beleive I will join this year as well. Everyone I spoke with really enjoyed the meetings. Far, far more informative than normal booster meetings. FOOTBALL just around the corner.

GBGBGJ

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                I think I may join the Difference Makers Club this year. Could someone that is already a member provide some insight as to their experience last year. Also, did any other meetings take place during the off-season? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                  If I understood Coach Stig correctly the meetings in Brookings will now be Wednesday evenings vs Wednesday mornings like last year. I beleive I will join this year as well. Everyone I spoke with really enjoyed the meetings. Far, far more informative than normal booster meetings. FOOTBALL just around the corner.

GBGBGJ
                  I bring this up in response to RabidRabbit's post (which was great BTW) and his mention of the NDSU boosters.

Is the Difference Maker's club still around? A Google search brings us back to the 2010/2011 timeframe - even on the SDSU page. Is SDSU not actively marketing this anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                    I bring this up in response to RabidRabbit's post (which was great BTW) and his mention of the NDSU boosters.

Is the Difference Maker's club still around? A Google search brings us back to the 2010/2011 timeframe - even on the SDSU page. Is SDSU not actively marketing this anymore?
                    It is still around, not sure where to find the most current link.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

You bet it's alive and well. I have yet to make a meeting this year but those who have a very good concept of what is going on in the program.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        You bet it's alive and well. I have yet to make a meeting this year but those who have a very good concept of what is going on in the program.
                        We have good turnouts and a lot of DM members are providing funding for several positions for the team. We could use more, just contact Kadero Watson on the SDSU football staff!

Comment

I am also a Difference Makers Club member and live 2 hours from Brookings so I also don't get to the meetings. I do receive updates through e-mails keeping me informed of the things happening with the football program. I enjoy this because it allows me to feel like I'm a part of the SDSU family. The DMC is a very important part of the growth of our football program. One thing I'd like to mention is that I just read an article stating that Bo Pelini is interested in the coaching vacancy at Youngstown State. I think he was from that area. Don't know how much credibility the story has? Interesting though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                            We have good turnouts and a lot of DM members are providing funding for several positions for the team. We could use more, just contact Kadero Watson on the SDSU football staff!
                            Are they still holding a meeting in Sioux Falls?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                              Difference makers club is very active in Brookings. They meet each Tuesday evening in the Chicoine room in the Dykhouse building at 6:30 pm. However, last night was the last DC meeting for this football season. I would say there is from what I hear 30 to 40 people at each meeting. Its a very informative gathering and I would stronly recommend joining next year. The money generated does go towards paying some very underpaid members of the coaching support group.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                                Are they still holding a meeting in Sioux Falls?
                                No, there isn't.
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X