X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU adds 3 FBS transfers

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
    Just a general comment:

FCS programs can offer partial scholarships. FBS schools cannot.
    That is true. There is some type of rule that all 63 scholarships can only be spread among 80 some players (85 i think).
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
      Just a general comment:

FCS programs can offer partial scholarships. FBS schools cannot.
      FBS schools can actually offer a partial but they are considered a "counter sport." They can offer a partial scholarship but whether they offer $1 or a full ride it counts against their max of 85 scholarships. So essentially all offers at the FBS level are full rides.

At the FCS level football is considered an "equivalency sport." So they have the option of spreading out 63 full rides to 85 athletes.

Comment

More from Terry's blog today here.

Comment

Terry has a good point. Just because someone played at an FBS school, doesn't mean they are going to be anything special.

It reminds me of the same thing we see every year where some big name comes in and does nothing in 5 years but some walk-on from BFE becomes an All-Conference player.

I hope these guys turn into good gets for us but I don't think we should start sizing our national championship rings because we picked up these 3 dudes.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
            Terry has a good point. Just because someone played at an FBS school, doesn't mean they are going to be anything special.

It reminds me of the same thing we see every year where some big name comes in and does nothing in 5 years but some walk-on from BFE becomes an All-Conference player.

I hope these guys turn into good gets for us but I don't think we should start sizing our national championship rings because we picked up these 3 dudes.
            The feeling i get more from it is that, they should be great additions to our program, adding good players is only going to increase what the program has already done.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              The feeling i get more from it is that, they should be great additions to our program, adding good players is only going to increase what the program has already done.
              Could not agree more with you goon. Good quality players with add some needed depth and maybe even a few starts down the road. Someone thought enough of them at the D1 level to bring them on board.

Welcome to the Jackrabbit family gentlemen.

GBGBGJ

Comment

From the RC paper

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/spor...cc4c03286.html

Comment

I don't know of any of the young men transferring in, but it sounds like a great catch. Your head coach is correct in saying that having a winning program draws quality kids from D-1 FBS schools. Success breeds success.

Good catch. Sounds like the D just got immensely better overnight

Comment

Working...
                  X