• Show
Clear All

Re: Greetings

Some connections with Nebraska:

Senior OL - Jacob Ludemann - Norfolk Catholic HS
    Sophmore DT - Andy Mink - Ashland/Greenwood HS
    Sophomore S - Skyler Luxa - Blair HS
    Redshirt Freshman S - Eric Koehlmoos - Pierce HS
    Redshirt FreshmaL - Josh Cage - Omaha(Papillion-La Vista HS)

Some connections with SDSU from Nebraska:

JR LB Matt Holt verbally committed to SDSU but than switched to Nebraksa Walk-on the night before signing day

JR S Jim Ebke committed to SDSU and than transferred to Nebraska after his Freshman season.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
      What are the going to be the Husker's strengths/weakness's this year?
      Weakness, it'd have to be QB and Linebacker, and to a lesser extent wide out(they have all the talent in the world there but can't get them to catch the dang ball, or in Curenski Guillyen's case stay standing).

Strength
      Running back and Defensive backs.

Running backs towards the middle of the year we were down to the 4th and 5th string guys due to injury and a player leaving(Quentin Castille). Roy Helu Jr. is a good player but struggles to stay healthy. That said when we played Virginia Tech he had a very good game(150+ yards i believe) but after the missouri game he just wasn't the same. Rex Burkhead is a very good back, he won't amaze you with his speed but he's very hard to take down and is good at hitting the holes. Finally at running back there is Dontrayveus Robinson, towards the end of last year he started playing very good, and has put on 20 pounds of muscle, he should be our short yardage back.

Defensive backs last year were a very under appreciated part of the team, Alphonso Dennard and Prince Amukamara are some of the best in the nation(when the worse of the two is a 2nd team all big 12 player as a sophmore you gotta be happy). Our safety's are sort of a toss up, they moved Dejon Gomes(juco player that was very good last year as a nickle and dime back) to safety as well as eric hagg(also a nickle and dime back). You will also have PJ Smith back there who did a good job filling in for Larry Asante, though right now he is a little weak in making choices, he has all the althetic ability that you'd want, but he is a true sophmore this coming year.

Comment

Originally posted by vuren View Post
        Originally Posted by vuren
        Hi, i'm a husker fan, that lives in lincoln, and quite honestly i know nothing about the jack rabbis, would you care to talk about the offense and defense you guys run, and who all the big play makers are?

Last edited by vuren; Today at 01:29 AM.
        He's no fun, he fell right over!

OK, on with the Husker-Rabbi discussion!

(Yes, Vuren, some of us over here have rather . . . um . . . idiosyncratic senses of humor . . . I blame the site owner, personally . . .)
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

after the spring game, i should be able to say more. supposedly last year true freshman jason ankrah practiced with the first team defensive ends while he redshirted. coming out of highschool people compared him to grant wistrom.

Comment

Working...
          X