• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002jack
    replied
    Re: Positions of departing seniors

Originally posted by bunnybacker05 View Post
    Really? Dont ever remember him putting that out. Only thing like that he would put out would be an incoming freshmans 40 time from highschool. Which is not even close to being accurate to a official time because "everyone" runs a 4.4 in high school, just ask them. Or there mom or dad was timing them.

You know what, it's Springtime. My plans for the night....
    1) Watch the basketball game.
    2) Go to bed while listening to the Twins Game.
    3) Drift off and dream about making a 20 foot putt to win the Masters by one stroke over Tiger.

I probably won't worry too much about SDSU football until September. "To each his own".

Where are fish biting?

Leave a comment:

• Rabbitden
    replied

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
    Who gives a crap what these guys run 40's in? If they have football speed, that's good enough for me.
    Right on fly boy...I got your back.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Rabbit
    replied

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
    Who gives a crap what these guys run 40's in? If they have football speed, that's good enough for me.
    Yeah, what Danger said...

Why all the bitching and worrying all of the sudden? I feel like we are turning into a bunch of of Bison fans. Let's grow up a little and realize that we're going to be just fine at the WR position...

These young guys are going to turn some heads next year!!!

Leave a comment:

• Danger41
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

I recall TV - or someone - reporting that Brodie and Tiefenthaler had clocked the fastest sprint times. Maybe it was during fall camp. I don't remember the details. Hopefully we can find the post, resolve the issue and move on.

Leave a comment:

• bunnybacker05
    replied

Really? Dont ever remember him putting that out. Only thing like that he would put out would be an incoming freshmans 40 time from highschool. Which is not even close to being accurate to a official time because "everyone" runs a 4.4 in high school, just ask them. Or there mom or dad was timing them.

Leave a comment:

• mitchell
    replied

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
    You can't just say "you believe" and call it a fact. Sorry.
    Terry V reported earlier in the year. I don't remember if it was a tweet or during a live blog.

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
    I hope before you starting throwing stuff around that you would get your facts straight. I believe that at one point Cole Brodie and TTiefenthaler had the fastest 40's at 4.43 seconds.
    You can't just say "you believe" and call it a fact. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• jacksfaninne
    replied

From TV's latest spring report: "Also, receiver Brandon Gant has had a strong showing after a second season that wasn't nearly as good as the first."

Leave a comment:

• SpeedRabbit
    replied

You sound just like everyone else who has has no clue:

1. Fox ran a 4.42 at pro day last week which is faster than every person you listed.

2. Julian Wagner and Brandon Gant were not even on the travel list to half of the games last year. There "speed" must not be that great if they cant travel and or play special teams.

3. Trevor T weighs 150 lbs and didnt run in the 4.4s all winter during testing. and Dom whatever will be redshirting.

your only argument would be tyrel Kool who is fast and has potential but still has never played receiver. Talk to me when you have a legit argument.
    I hope before you starting throwing stuff around that you would get your facts straight. I believe that at one point Cole Brodie and TTiefenthaler had the fastest 40's at 4.43 seconds. Sounds like u need to get a uniform on and try and guard some of these guys.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

I dont know what wr would be a deep threat after losing the best 3 wrs we had and the 3 fastest. Ever pay attention to the success we had throwing the ball downfield? Pretty good when we "did", wasnt the players fault that we would run, run, pass and put the the qb and wr under more pressure: example: second half against montana
    When I read this I get the impression this posters issue is with the coaching staff, not the players. I like the discussion he has created. Gives me info I didn't have before.

Leave a comment:

• jack43
    replied

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    I agree that Rollin & Hylland are 2 of our better WR's, I was just pointing out that if you want a guy to "stretch the field", SDSU still will have some wide-outs with wheels. Some of these young guys are going to turn heads this year.

I also agree that the long-ball wasn't seen enough last year. I feel like TOB's best attribute was throwing a good deep ball, and that he struggled more with the 5 yard out pass that we seemed to run every passing down. (I've complained several times about that out pattern, hopefully me and Eidness are on the same page with that route or it could be another long season of me complaining)
    I hate to bust your bubble, but Coach E made that scrimmage-line pass a predominant part of the passing offense about 10 years ago. Adolph Shepardson, Jeff Hesse, and Josh Bucholz (all big receivers) caught a LOT of those passes. I can see it being utilized a bunch with Rollin this year and TOB's strong arm. Then again, when Josh davis and chris molitor were added to the team, we made a living off of the crossing routes over the middle.(I'd be a huge fan if we went back to exploiting the under routes, but I'm not sure if TOB is ready to make those reads over the middle yet)

Leave a comment:

• mitchell
    replied

My sole point was if you would actually read from the beginning was to not discredit players on the team that will probably be better receivers (rollin, hylland) than "faster" players you are hyping and saying will be a better dimension to our offense/receiving core. If that was such a great dimension why wasnt it being used in the past?
    I agree that Rollin & Hylland are 2 of our better WR's, I was just pointing out that if you want a guy to "stretch the field", SDSU still will have some wide-outs with wheels. Some of these young guys are going to turn heads this year.

I also agree that the long-ball wasn't seen enough last year. I feel like TOB's best attribute was throwing a good deep ball, and that he struggled more with the 5 yard out pass that we seemed to run every passing down. (I've complained several times about that out pattern, hopefully me and Eidness are on the same page with that route or it could be another long season of me complaining)

Leave a comment:

• mitchell
    replied

You sound just like everyone else who has has no clue:

1. Fox ran a 4.42 at pro day last week which is faster than every person you listed.

2. Julian Wagner and Brandon Gant were not even on the travel list to half of the games last year. There "speed" must not be that great if they cant travel and or play special teams.

3. Trevor T weighs 150 lbs and didnt run in the 4.4s all winter during testing. and Dom whatever will be redshirting.

your only argument would be tyrel Kool who is fast and has potential but still has never played receiver. Talk to me when you have a legit argument.

1. I still stand by my original statement that the players I listed are just as fast, if not faster than Fox. But to me, there isn't really a difference between a 4.42 and a 4.48, that's still plenty fast for a FCS receiver to stretch the field.

2. Wagner was playing DB, a position that Coach Stig said he was never comfortable at and now he's moved back to offense like he played in high school. Gant was the 4th WR his freshman year but supposedly fell out of favor with the coaches because of disagreements on playing time, not because of talent.

3. Trevor is listed at 170 on the roster and how would you know what he ran in winter workouts? If you're really concerned about speed at WR, than maybe a player like Dom Wright doesn't redshirt. The coaches were close to pulling Rollin's redshirt his freshman year even though we had a stable of quality WR's.

Add Kool to that mix with other talented guys like Rollin, Hylland, Mitchell, Iverson, Schmidt, & Shonka and are WR corps are just as good as any other in the MVC.

Leave a comment:

• 1stRowFANatic
    replied

freshman qb was part of the reason.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X