Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eric Eidsness new QB Coach

Originally posted by darkerstill View Post
    Exactly, I'm not ready to hang my hat on our wideouts who have very,very little experience. Plus they have no size. All of them are about 5'8".
    I'm not hanging my hat on our WR's either, but I didn't hang my hat on them last year either. But, I think they are talented and they are going to make a pretty good mark this year. I bet you'll see some of the taller guys crack the lineup as well, you have to use some of that height don't you? Considering the corners in FCS are pretty much short(a generalization I know, but I'm not going to get into a long post about it).
    As for Eidsness I don't see how you can downplay how great it will be for the team to have him back, essentially you hit the ground running with him coming back rather than locating a coach that may or may not gel with the current staff. And of course it adds another coach. I don't think you can discount that at all.
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Coach Eidsness was loved by his players for both handling of players and offensive strategy when he was coaching here during his first stint. I was not on that side of the ball, but SDSU record setting WR and good friend of mine, Nate Millerbernd, still talks about him being the best coach he ever had. All of the guys I still hang out with who played Offense say he was by far the best offensive mind we had. I know it was a big deal when he left. Glad to have him back. It can only mean good things to the program to have someone of his talent helping with the team. And that is by no means a shot at our current coaches. There doesn't have to be a slight associated with a compliment.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Exactly, I'm not ready to hang my hat on our wideouts who have very,very little experience. Plus they have no size. All of them are about 5'8".
        I don't see how we can argue about a physical characteristic (height) being a talent.

My basketball coach once told me you can't teach tall... but I digress

Post pertains to the general discussion and not just the Quote above.
        Last edited by slosho; 03-01-2010, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Ever think our recievers not standing out last year had anything to do with the fact we had a freshman QB playing most of the time? It takes timing and familiarity between QB and WR to have a great offense and that's one area where we should be in better shape going into next season.

I think we have plenty of talent at the position, just need to harness it now.

Comment

5'8"?? What program are u looking at???????

Comment

Percy Harvin.
              5-11
              Or so they say.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                Percy Harvin.
                5-11
                Or so they say.
                Wes Welker from the Patriots 5'9 185

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  Percy Harvin.
                  5-11
                  Or so they say.
                  Heres another one from the Patriots WR Darnell Jenkins 5'10 190 Nice to know that a guy doesn't have to be a certain height to be a great football player!

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                    5'8"?? What program are u looking at???????
                    The program where I (who am 5'11") walk past them and can see the top of their heads. But, yet again, that has nothing to do with this thread. Best of luck to Coach Eidsness and the rest of the Jackrabbit FB Team.

Comment

Here is Coach Eidsness's departing press conference courtesy of Stanger86 from the D2 message boards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN-Qnvbzulw
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Great find Kemo. Thanks for sharing.

I only watched the first few minutes with Eric's speech. Great recap of what he accomplished. Only 13 ELIGIBLE players when he arrived on campus. Incredible.

GREAT re-addition to SDSU's staff!
                        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I haven't seen the news anywhere - sorry if I missed it, but I've heard the Jacks have added another full time assistant - Josh Davis. Good keep, I believe. Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                            I haven't seen the news anywhere - sorry if I missed it, but I've heard the Jacks have added another full time assistant - Josh Davis. Good keep, I believe. Go Jacks!!!
                            Hope that's true! JD is the man.

Comment

I agree with Iceman on this one, JD is going to be a very good coach someday.

Comment

Originally posted by RABBITALUM08 View Post
                                I agree with Iceman on this one, JD is going to be a very good coach someday.
                                Great news. I worked a bit with Josh when he was a GA. Good guy.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X