Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 Recruiting List

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
    interview with Marz with a bunch of SDSU talk, both his brothers went to school there.

http://www.gopherhole.com/modules.ph...ticle&sid=1160
    Sounds like he is headed to the Big 10, but it's good that we have a connection with him incase things don't work out. He had nice things to say about SDSU & Brookings and was @ the Gopher game last year.
    http://www.twitter.com/minneapolisjack

Comment

This guy wasn't on the list. http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...10/1002/sports

Brandon Mohr - Washington High, SF, SD

EDIT: I guess he was on the list. My bad. Probably need to read a little closer.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Just looked over the list on the first page. I hope we offer Trevor Sikkink from Castlewood. I watched him run at the state track meet. He's built like he's ready to step onto the field now. Pretty impressive, IMO.

I may be a little biased considering he plays high school football in the Dakota Valley Conference and he's the son of family friends.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Highlight video for SF Washington's Brandon Mohr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APMXoZiOl8I

Looks like an aggressive MLB.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            I watched Gentile's video and liked what I saw. He's an athlete, that's for sure. I won't lie, I do like that the recruiting pace has picked up, even if it has been forced on us. Not saying we need to have 1,598 offers out right now, but glad to see early verbals from players that want to be Jacks.
            I was also impressed with Gentile's performance on the video. He was exciting to watch when he had the ball in his hands on both special teams and out of the back field. More importantly, I loved how he read the offense while playing defense. With his size and skills, he really made many nice plays. In addition, he made many of those plays in the big games at the UNI Dome. I look forward to him duplicating those performances while donning a Jackrabbit jersey.

Those numbers that he posted at the NUC Camp in Lincoln were very impressive. 33.5" vertical and 9'7" broad jump on his 6' frame are outstanding for a safety. He had the second best times in the shuttle and 40 and his 17 reps in the bench show just how strong he is.

Comment

Originally posted by MinneapolisJack View Post
              Highlight video for SF Washington's Brandon Mohr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APMXoZiOl8I

Looks like an aggressive MLB.
              I'm not always impressed by these videos, nor do I watch them in blue and yellow glasses....but....this kid was impressive, on both sides of the ball. Just seems to have "it". Finishes so well on dee, has a mean streak, aggressive, smart, does everything right. Good get!

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                I'm not always impressed by these videos, nor do I watch them in blue and yellow glasses....but....this kid was impressive, on both sides of the ball. Just seems to have "it". Finishes so well on dee, has a mean streak, aggressive, smart, does everything right. Good get!
                According to the Argus Leader, Mohr verballed to SDSU Wed night. He was all-state and MVP of the 11AA championship game last year. Good get!
                Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

It wasn't just a "good get." It was a vital get. Vital. To have seen another of the top players in the state's next recruiting class go elsewhere would have been a huge blow. True, you can't ever project what these guys are going to do on the field in college, but, at this stage in the game, we need to be their top and obvious choice unless they have a spectacular opportunity at a FBS school.
                  Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Newest Jack receiving MVP Award. Welcome aboard Brandon!

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_ZEX7oRr7a1c/Sw...HSFB-1240s.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                      It wasn't just a "good get." It was a vital get. Vital. To have seen another of the top players in the state's next recruiting class go elsewhere would have been a huge blow. True, you can't ever project what these guys are going to do on the field in college, but, at this stage in the game, we need to be their top and obvious choice unless they have a spectacular opportunity at a FBS school.
                      Another reason why it was a good pick-up was that his other offer was for USD and it would have stunk to lose out on a local recruit to USD. I don't think that's happened since the transition.

Also, with the 2 Farniok brothers, Gebhardt, & Hermanson all going to DI schools other than SDSU, it's good to get back into the mix at Washington HS. If you look at the SF schools, O'Gorman kids don't usually end up at SDSU where as we tend to do well with landing Roosevelt kids. Lincoln just doesn't produce DI football players.

Comment

Regardless of peripheral factors, Brandon Mohr appears to be an excellent recruit who will fit in nicely. Welcome, Brandon, to SDSU and the D-1 winning tradition that the Jacks are establishing.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by MinneapolisJack View Post
                          Another reason why it was a good pick-up was that his other offer was for USD and it would have stunk to lose out on a local recruit to USD. I don't think that's happened since the transition.

Also, with the 2 Farniok brothers, Gebhardt, & Hermanson all going to DI schools other than SDSU, it's good to get back into the mix at Washington HS. If you look at the SF schools, O'Gorman kids don't usually end up at SDSU where as we tend to do well with landing Roosevelt kids. Lincoln just doesn't produce DI football players.
                          Well, at least one.

Neil Graff - LHS '68, Wisconsin '72, Vikings 16th Round Pick, 6 yr NFL career.

Graff started 33 straight games at Wisconsin. He was the Badgers' MVP and all-Big Ten as a senior. He led the Big Ten in passing and total offense as a junior. He set school records for career passing yards (3,699) and touchdown passes (23) as well as single-game TD passes (4) and passing efficiency (259.9). More...
                          If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by WahpJack View Post
                            Well, at least one.

Neil Graff - LHS '68, Wisconsin '72, Vikings 16th Round Pick, 6 yr NFL career.

Graff started 33 straight games at Wisconsin. He was the Badgers' MVP and all-Big Ten as a senior. He led the Big Ten in passing and total offense as a junior. He set school records for career passing yards (3,699) and touchdown passes (23) as well as single-game TD passes (4) and passing efficiency (259.9). More...
                            I stand corrected. There's also SR WR Matt Hylland for the Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post

Wow. Vital? I don't agree. He seems taltented, but not vital. I'm not sure a recruiting class is dependent on one individual. Let's not over analyze things. If he went to USD or somewhere else, it wouldn't have been tragic. I'm glad to have him, but your statement seems overstated.
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                                Wow. Vital? I don't agree. He seems taltented, but not vital. I'm not sure a recruiting class is dependent on one individual. Let's not over analyze things. If he went to USD or somewhere else, it wouldn't have been tragic. I'm glad to have him, but your statement seems overstated.

IMO, all he meant was that it was important to get our foot back in the door at Washington and land a superior football player in Sioux Falls. Kids tend to follow kids and we are now back in at Washington HS. We hopefully established another pipeline. Tragic was never used by a huge blow is true. At the level he plays at now he is superior to most of his competition and just plays at a different level.

Comment

Working...
                                X