X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post signing day recruits

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Shoot. Maybe there's still hope.
    I don't think anyone said he wouldn't be signing with SDSU, just that he wouldn't be signing tomorrow. I'd say there is still a chance he signs with SDSU.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Something tells me a little bigger program closer to home swooped in and made some kind of offer once they heard he was committing to SDSU.
      I'm with you on this one...
      I'd give positive rep for this post but it won't let me.

Comment

Well this will give me something to look forward to this week. I hope all these huge snow piles did not scare him too much. No doubt when, the coach driving him around and from/to air terminal had to get dead smack in the middle of the intersection in order to see if a car is coming, it had to make a young California mind wonder about what he was getting into. One thing for certain if he ain't coming to SDSU, he will not be going to NDSU either, they got just as much snow up there as we have and driving has around town has the same hazzards in FM as it has in SF and Brookings.

Seriously I hope he does sign. It would be a bonus for Stig and the program.

Comment

Wasn't he from Oklahoma?

At any rate, no point trying to hide the weather from him. If he can't hack it, better to admit as much right up front, then to get a year into the program and walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
            Wasn't he from Oklahoma?

At any rate, no point trying to hide the weather from him. If he can't hack it, better to admit as much right up front, then to get a year into the program and walk away.
            Yes, Devin is from Tulsa. I was taking liberty to speculate about the piles of snow. I don't know what changed his mind after the official visit. I do agree, we don't want any athlete or student at SDSU that doesn't really want to be in Brookings, SD.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Yes, Devin is from Tulsa. I was taking liberty to speculate about the piles of snow. I don't know what changed his mind after the official visit. I do agree, we don't want any athlete or student at SDSU that doesn't really want to be in Brookings, SD.
              Sorry, I got him mixed up with another guy from California, but I agree if the winters are not your cup of tea, and you dont feel good about the place, then you need to walk away, but again its the opportunity of education/athletics and for some there are only one choice.

Also I keep thinking about a second hand story. A friend of mine's daughter happened to sit by the Palarca family during the San Jose game when we played out their. My friend's daughter a SD native who migrated to the west, wondered why Micheal had choose to go to a place where they had winter, and their reply was "but its only for four years". So maybe Pugh will come to that same conclusion, and heck they get snow in Tulsa, but maybe not as much as we have had this year.
              Last edited by Nidaros; 02-22-2010, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                Agreed on the piles of snow and one can only speculate. But how does Montana recruit and build the program they have built?

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                  Agreed on the piles of snow and one can only speculate. But how does Montana recruit and build the program they have built?
                  The winters in Missoula are more mild than Brookings. They have a warmer avg high temp in the winter, a cooler avg high temp in the summer, a warmer avg. low temp in the winter, and a cooler avg. low temp in the summer.

Plus the wind doesn't blow EVERYDAY!

Plus Missoula is located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. Absolutely beautiful country.

If you really want to ask that question....refer to Fargo.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    The winters in Missoula are more mild than Brookings. They have a warmer avg high temp in the winter, a cooler avg high temp in the summer, a warmer avg. low temp in the winter, and a cooler avg. low temp in the summer.

Plus the wind doesn't blow EVERYDAY!

Plus Missoula is located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. Absolutely beautiful country.

If you really want to ask that question....refer to Fargo.
                    Do you work for the Convention and Visitors Bureau? I think some of these decisions come down to the social aspect of the community and not just school and football.

Comment

Do you work for the Convention and Visitors Bureau? I think some of these decisions come down to the social aspect of the community and not just school and football.
                      No I do not. Not sure why you would think that. Just stated facts...go ahead look up the weather patterns.

Maddog was thinking that because there was a lot of snow that a recruit didn't come to SDSU (which may or may not be true). He then questioned how U of MT can build a program insinuating that the winters there are worse than they are in Brookings. Missoula may get more snow, but the temps are milder.

I would rather have more snow than below zero or near zero temps for sustained periods. Weather forecast is for highs around 40 the rest of the week in Missoula.

And yes I would agree there are likely more factors than the weather that go into where a kid commits.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        No I do not. Not sure why you would think that. Just stated facts...go ahead look up the weather patterns.

Maddog was thinking that because there was a lot of snow that a recruit didn't come to SDSU (which may or may not be true). He then questioned how U of MT can build a program insinuating that the winters there are worse than they are in Brookings. Missoula may get more snow, but the temps are milder.

I would rather have more snow than below zero or near zero temps for sustained periods. Weather forecast is for highs around 40 the rest of the week in Missoula.

And yes I would agree there are likely more factors than the weather that go into where a kid commits.
                        I think most people understand Missoula has milder weather and prettier scenery than Brookings. It's hardly paradise from a weather stand point. Montana has historically taken chances on "suspect" recruits who hail from outside Montana and that has won them championships and some headlines they would like to forget.

Comment

I think most people understand Missoula has milder weather and prettier scenery than Brookings. It's hardly paradise from a weather stand point. Montana has historically taken chances on "suspect" recruits who hail from outside Montana and that has won them championships and some headlines they would like to forget.
                          I wasn't sure about the weather in Missoula - I should have suspected such. As far as picturesque - I love Brookings, but Missoula is obviously 'prettier'. I guess my point is kind of in line with Stig when he says that if recruits are turned off by our facilities (or turned on - in a couple of years), they maybe don't have the 'content' we are looking for.

Sorry it got lost in my naive question!

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                            I wasn't sure about the weather in Missoula - I should have suspected such. As far as picturesque - I love Brookings, but Missoula is obviously 'prettier'. I guess my point is kind of in line with Stig when he says that if recruits are turned off by our facilities (or turned on - in a couple of years), they maybe don't have the 'content' we are looking for.

Sorry it got lost in my naive question!

This thread has not only drifted off topic it's drifted to an entirely different state.

Comment

Working...
                            X