Coach Stig at Yankton QB club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coach Stig at Yankton QB club

I was looking at the Rapid City Journal on-line and see that they are having a live chat with Coach Stig. on Thursday. Here is the link.

http://blogs.rapidcityjournal.com/sports/?p=2137
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
      Dissapointing to hear that Walker Woods is leaving for Iowa State. I guess its a good sign that we are losing kids to FBS schools in that we obviously have some talent on the roster, but its sucks losing guys before we ever see what they can do on the field.
      I knew he was transferring a month or so ago- must have wanted to be closer to home-he'll have a hard time playing there

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
        Dissapointing to hear that Walker Woods is leaving for Iowa State. I guess its a good sign that we are losing kids to FBS schools in that we obviously have some talent on the roster, but its sucks losing guys before we ever see what they can do on the field.
        My first thought was this could be a big hit. In my opinion, Woods was one of our big recruits last year and you hate to lose kids like that. 2-time All-Stater, success in track and baseball, and was all-academic in two sports. Kids like these are what you build programs with.

Then when I looked at the roster, 5 of 8 running backs will be back - including Minett. Three of them will be seniors next year, but Tyrel Kool has three years of eligibility left and I'm assuming Winterboer redshirted this year since I didn't see any statistics for him this year. Kool had a good year despite his position on the depth chart. He was second on the team in return yards and actually averaged 4 more yards per game than Duffy when you add in return yardage. While he was limited to only 17 carries, his 5.6 yards/carry led the team by nearly a yard.

Recruiting running backs to add depth in future years will be important, but our backfield looks strong next year with unquestioned quality and depth.

I wish Woods all the success he can get for the Cyclones. Where I live in central Nebraska, it has been fun watching local kids that no one thinks can succeed at the big time level - make a big impact for the Huskers.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
          My first thought was this could be a big hit. In my opinion, Woods was one of our big recruits last year and you hate to lose kids like that. 2-time All-Stater, success in track and baseball, and was all-academic in two sports. Kids like these are what you build programs with.

Then when I looked at the roster, 5 of 8 running backs will be back - including Minett. Three of them will be seniors next year, but Tyrel Kool has three years of eligibility left and I'm assuming Winterboer redshirted this year since I didn't see any statistics for him this year. Kool had a good year despite his position on the depth chart. He was second on the team in return yards and actually averaged 4 more yards per game than Duffy when you add in return yardage. While he was limited to only 17 carries, his 5.6 yards/carry led the team by nearly a yard.

Recruiting running backs to add depth in future years will be important, but our backfield looks strong next year with unquestioned quality and depth.

I wish Woods all the success he can get for the Cyclones. Where I live in central Nebraska, it has been fun watching local kids that no one thinks can succeed at the big time level - make a big impact for the Huskers.
          I wish him the best also. I do know that he did break his fibula this past fall playing scout team.

Comment

I have a feeling the Jacks will land another good running back this year in Brad Tunge. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the mystery 4th commit, I don't have any first hand knowledge on that, just a hunch since he's probably visited and received an offer already.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
              I have a feeling the Jacks will land another good running back this year in Brad Tunge. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the mystery 4th commit, I don't have any first hand knowledge on that, just a hunch since he's probably visited and received an offer already.
              When did he get an offer, unless it is a walk on offer? Last I heard was Sumner was the only South Dakota player that had a scholarship offer.

Comment

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
                When did he get an offer, unless it is a walk on offer? Last I heard was Sumner was the only South Dakota player that had a scholarship offer.
                It's all assumption on my part, he might not even have an offer but I just think he would have committed to an area school by now if he wasn't waiting on the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                  It's all assumption on my part, he might not even have an offer but I just think he would have committed to an area school by now if he wasn't waiting on the Jacks.
                  any more news on the Kipili kid from Arizona?

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                    any more news on the Kipili kid from Arizona?
                    I'd assume he's one of the kids coming for a visit in the next two weeks.

Comment

Working...
                    X