• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1stRowFANatic
    replied
    Re: 2010 Schedule

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
    Remember the field adds 4 next year correct? A solid 7-4 season may get the nod if we are third in the conference.
    Even with the extra spots I don't think 7-4 with losses to UNI, SIU, and lone non-conference game gets us in. Not sure that would be looked at as a solid 7-4. Maybe if we have a win over the Huskers and a fourth loss to someone else.

Leave a comment:

• SpeedRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
    Carefull, think of this as the early years of Cheers! Sam just told you that you've had enough to drink for the night.
    Sounds good- I'll take your advice and Sam is the man!

Leave a comment:

• SpeedRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
    Remember the field adds 4 next year correct? A solid 7-4 season may get the nod if we are third in the conference.
    Yes- up to 20 We will need some key road wins but we have some excellent talent returning with experience. Anytime there is good defense there is always a good chance. I like our chances.

Leave a comment:

• 1stRowFANatic
    replied

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
    Guess you haven't been around much smack if u considered that smack super moderator.UNI beating USD 66-7-that is FACT, not smack.
    Carefull, think of this as the early years of Cheers! Sam just told you that you've had enough to drink for the night.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks99
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SpeedRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    If you want to get banned, smack in non-smack sections is an excellent way to do it.
    Guess you haven't been around much smack if u considered that smack super moderator.UNI beating USD 66-7-that is FACT, not smack.

Leave a comment:

• 1stRowFANatic
    replied

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    From the media guide:

9/11 @ Delaware
    9/18 Illinois St
    9/25 @ Nebraska
    10/2 @ UNI
    10/9 Western Illinois
    10/16 @ Southern Illinois
    10/23 Youngstown
    10/30 @ Indiana St
    11/6 Missouri St
    11/13 @ NDSU
    Four of the first six are very tough road games. The home games are conference games so they won't be easy. It could easily be a 2-4 team with a 2-2 conference record heading into Hobo Day. No conference championship and likely no playoff at-large bid. If we could pick up a road conference win, 3-3 with a 3-1 conference record would be huge in getting a shot at the conference championship and back to the playoffs.

It may be a lingering Meltdown hangover, but with this road schedule I don't see an at-large playoff bid. I expect Nebraska to be a loss, and I think it would be unreasonable to expect a sweep of UNI & SIU on the road, Delaware is a long road trip to open the season. NDSU on the road will not be a cakewalk, but I think we should be able to pull it out. A win at Indiana St puts the road record 3-3 for the season, sweep our home games and it is 7-3 and most likely no better than 3rd in conference. If we don't split with UNI & SIU, there is no way we get an at-large bid even if we knock off Delaware as we would finish too far down in the conference.

So, we could easily have a team finish 6-4 and out of the playoffs and still be a better team than the one that made it too the playoffs this year. It is a brutal schedule, and if that happens, I hope we don't have people calling for coaching changes (expect we will).

Ain't it cool to be thinking playoff possibilities 11 months from now in FOOTBALL!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

lets play a poor team.. How bout USD????? UNI 66 USD 7
    If you want to get banned, smack in non-smack sections is an excellent way to do it.

Leave a comment:

• SpeedRabbit
    replied

do u think it would be on the 20th of november or the 4th of sept? My guess would be the 20th of nov
    lets play a poor team.. How bout USD????? UNI 66 USD 7

Leave a comment:

• SpeedRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    ...though they've slipped a bit lately, Delaware is traditionally an FCS powerhouse. Our road schedule next year is brutal.
    Saw they were 6-5 this past fall with losses to navy and to villanova. This will be one of the toughest schedules SDSU has ever had in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• jacks1
    replied

Is Delaware a FCS school?
    ...though they've slipped a bit lately, Delaware is traditionally an FCS powerhouse. Our road schedule next year is brutal.

Leave a comment:

• SpeedRabbit
    replied

We will be playing another game but it hasn't been decided yet. It will most likely be against a poor team since we already have a tough schedule. That's why people were speculating that we would play USD this year but adding a hyped up rivalry game to that schedule would be tough on the team.
    Is Delaware a FCS school?

Leave a comment:

• SpeedRabbit
    replied

We will be playing another game but it hasn't been decided yet. It will most likely be against a poor team since we already have a tough schedule. That's why people were speculating that we would play USD this year but adding a hyped up rivalry game to that schedule would be tough on the team.
    do u think it would be on the 20th of november or the 4th of sept? My guess would be the 20th of nov

Leave a comment:

• mitchell
    replied

do we have another game somewhere? or is 10 the limit?

Leave a comment:

• mitchell
    replied

I figured we would be going to NDSU next fall?
    My mistake, the game is @ NDSU. I'll edit my previous post.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X