• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackmd
    replied
    Re: 2010 Schedule

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    It's finalized, SDSU and UND will play on Nov. 20
    I had heard this was most likely but was hoping and holding out for a September date.

Positives, counts towards FCS playoff eligibility, regional team with a history and 5th home game.

Negatives, potential for bad weather, proximity to playoffs (may or may not be an issue), tailgating is way better in September (evening game, weather).

Leave a comment:

• mitchell
    replied

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    Great job by the staff!

The date itself isn't perfect, but I can't imagine a better opponent.

A regional, DI foe that will bring in a better gate than some no-name, half scholly team or DII team. I'm sure it's a relief to have it settled and to be able to move on.

Leave a comment:

• LakeJack
    replied

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=204929774

Leave a comment:

• mango4
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jackrab
    replied

If there is a game to be played Nov. 20 this game would be great because it would add some much needed interest to a cold day. It would also put some butts in the seats.... or at least i hope

Leave a comment:

• Hambone
    replied

Personally, I really hope that this game gets scheduled. Regional schools that would bring a lot of interest from both fan bases I would think. I would probably try to make the trip to Brookings if that one happened....

Leave a comment:

• Theee Catrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by Hambone View Post
    Hey guys - getting some words out of Grand Forks that the Sioux are close to adding an 11th game, on the road, with a return trip sometime in the future. Some are speculating that the signs are pointing towards SDSU. Anyone here heard anything about Nov 20 possibly happening this year? I don't know much except for what someone had mentioned on SS, which unfortunately isn't much except we're close to an 11th game on the road.
    Well it's the first time I see they've added a Nov 20 TBD on gojacks.com, so it means they are widening they're search for sure. The Nov. 20 date stinks for 3 reasons....1 No tune up game before hitting the bricks to Delaware. 2 No extra week in between playoffs. 3 It will be damn cold.
    But the upside is a game with the Fighting Whatever-You-Are-Now's and ticking the USD and NDSU fanbase off. ALso that UND is a counter of course.

Leave a comment:

• NorCalJack
    replied

Playing UND this year only makes sense. We need a 5th home game. Our home conference games this year are not attractive. So to get an old NCC school would be good for the season ticket holders.

If we have to go on the road to UND next year, our conference home games of UNI, NDSU, So. Ill. should be good enough for the season ticket holders.

Leave a comment:

• rabidrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by Hambone View Post
    Hey guys - getting some words out of Grand Forks that the Sioux are close to adding an 11th game, on the road, with a return trip sometime in the future. Some are speculating that the signs are pointing towards SDSU. Anyone here heard anything about Nov 20 possibly happening this year? I don't know much except for what someone had mentioned on SS, which unfortunately isn't much except we're close to an 11th game on the road.
    First of all, Welcome Hambone! Good to see one of the regulars at SiouxSports here.

Regarding the "rumor" playing our old NCC-mate makes a lot of sense, and we're getting out to needing to fill this 11th game. Always expected that we'd play UND before USD as there isn't the nastiness in our battles with UND that there could be with USD. Of course, the NDSU/UND nastiness is legendary. IF THIS IS INDEED THE 11TH GAME THAT WOULD BE GOOD IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• Hambone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chains
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    We have to get 5 home games or season ticket sales will suffer.
    If I understand correctly we will absolutely have 5 home games. Again, if I understand correctly we have a Dll school locked up but still having discussions with two different D1 programs. A D1 program would certainly be the preference but we will have a 5 game home season.

GBGBGJ

Leave a comment:

• Jacks#1Fan
    replied

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
    If it doesn't happen it will likely not be due to a lack of effort. Right? Don't fret. Enjoy the fact you get to make all the games and cheer like crazy when you can.
    Great post MJA and thanks for your long-distance support...rep points coming your way!

Leave a comment:

• MilwaukeeJacksAlum
    replied

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    I just bought season tickets for the first time. It will be my first year back in SD since I graduated so I was excited to get tickets. I can say I am extremely disappointed in the news that we do not have a D-I opponent on the radar for a fifth home game. That's all I have.
    I received my season ticket renewal package recently and even though I live 8 hours away, I couldn't be more excited to once again be a season ticket holder. My sister and nephews will certainly reap most of the benefits since I can't make it back to every game. Whether we play a 5th D1 opponent at home or not, really didn't come into play in my decision to purchase the tickets. I know NOTHING about the process of setting up a college football schedule, but I would bet every nickle I've ever given to SDSU that they probably worked very hard to secure a 5th D1 opponent. If it doesn't happen it will likely not be due to a lack of effort. Right? Don't fret. Enjoy the fact you get to make all the games and cheer like crazy when you can.

Leave a comment:

• KUlawJack
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    We have to get 5 home games or season ticket sales will suffer.
    I just bought season tickets for the first time. It will be my first year back in SD since I graduated so I was excited to get tickets. I can say I am extremely disappointed in the news that we do not have a D-I opponent on the radar for a fifth home game. That's all I have.

Leave a comment:

• HoboD
    replied

Im pretty sure that Sell and football staff may be somewhat aware of what games are "counters" for FCS playoff purposes, how difficult the difficult road schedule is for next fall, what the expenses/income possibilities are for various possible opponents, what teams have openings, etc. On the other hand for those that think they have it all figured out, why dont you give them a call this afternoon....Ill bet they would love to hear from you!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X