Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whittier and Mondol Transfer

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    But the same could have been said for this past year as well. Ryan Crawford, only playing time he received previously was for one quarter in the NDSU game. Thomas O'Brien was a RFR with no game time experience.
    I don't think its a problem.... you can always dumb down an offense for the backup QB if you have to.... with Minnett and Kool and hopefully an upgraded line I don't know if its a huge problem....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
      I don't think its a problem.... you can always dumb down an offense for the backup QB if you have to.... with Minnett and Kool and hopefully an upgraded line I don't know if its a huge problem....
      any idea where these 2 QB's might be transferring to? Heard that Walker Woods- a redshirt freshman might be transferring? Any word on that?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        But the same could have been said for this past year as well. Ryan Crawford, only playing time he received previously was for one quarter in the NDSU game. Thomas O'Brien was a RFR with no game time experience.
        You beat me to it.
        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
          any idea where these 2 QB's might be transferring to? Heard that Walker Woods- a redshirt freshman might be transferring? Any word on that?
          I don't know anything about Walker Woods..... The 2 QB's the little I heard had to do with a couple of things
          1. they were recruited by Bailey
          2. they want to be closer to home
          3. they want to play and with O'brien being a redshirt freshman it wasn't looking promising

though thinking about Walker Woods.... I think unless we start using multi set running backs we are going to have a problem keeping and recruiting running backs.... A talent like Tyrel Kool should be getting more then 3-4 carries a game....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            though thinking about Walker Woods.... I think unless we start using multi set running backs we are going to have a problem keeping and recruiting running backs.... A talent like Tyrel Kool should be getting more then 3-4 carries a game....
            Agreed. I think Tyrel Kool passes Duffy on the depth chart. And I am a huge Duffy fan. The coaches are going to need to make that decision this year, I didn't see as much out of Duffy this year I think and he was mostly filler to spell Minnett (He had a few nice plays though). Kool I think is the real deal, and the coaches need to start getting him more of the load to prepare him for the next couple years. Kool did so many game changing things it seemed every time he touched the ball. Just my opinion of course.
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
              Agreed. I think Tyrel Kool passes Duffy on the depth chart. And I am a huge Duffy fan. The coaches are going to need to make that decision this year, I didn't see as much out of Duffy this year I think and he was mostly filler to spell Minnett (He had a few nice plays though). Kool I think is the real deal, and the coaches need to start getting him more of the load to prepare him for the next couple years. Kool did so many game changing things it seemed every time he touched the ball. Just my opinion of course.

I think you got it nailed there. We will need to start to geting the ball to Kool more. Ive wondered all year why we didnt run any split back or multiback positions. Am excitied for next year.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Sumner will probably be getting a phone call from someone on the staff to verify that's what he said.

If he said that, he'll get some advice on how to handle the press.

If he didn't KELO will be getting a call as well.

Mondol might -might- transfer out to finish his degree closer to home, almost certainly not to play football. A transfer QB with one year of eligibility left isn't a very hot commodity (RS @ Michigan, 2 years @ JuCo, 1 year @ SDSU = 1 year left, IIRC).

Whittier might transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                  I just have to point out that the name is spelled Minett. He has played three seasons and fans are still misspelling his name. If you are unsure how to spell a players name, please check on gojacks.com and look at the roster first.

Comment

Originally posted by bugz99 View Post
                    I just have to point out that the name is spelled Minett. He has played three seasons and fans are still misspelling his name. If you are unsure how to spell a players name, please check on gojacks.com and look at the roster first.

For some reason, it's a tough one to spell. Took me a couple of years to get "one 'n' and two 't's'" in my head.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                      Sumner will probably be getting a phone call from someone on the staff to verify that's what he said.

If he said that, he'll get some advice on how to handle the press.

If he didn't KELO will be getting a call as well.

Mondol might -might- transfer out to finish his degree closer to home, almost certainly not to play football. A transfer QB with one year of eligibility left isn't a very hot commodity (RS @ Michigan, 2 years @ JuCo, 1 year @ SDSU = 1 year left, IIRC).

Whittier might transfer.
                      There is several NAIA schools out in California that Mondol probably be to transfer to and play at right away.

Comment

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
                        There is several NAIA schools out in California that Mondol probably be to transfer to and play at right away.
                        U of Sioux Falls needs a QB next year.

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
                          U of Sioux Falls needs a QB next year.
                          That is true, but I keep hearing that he wants to go closer to home.

Comment

That is true, but I keep hearing that he wants to go closer to home.
                            That's a little closer.

Comment

Yeah, but why? Get some penny-ante scholarship that won't come close to covering the costs of your inflated private school tuition, while you try and figure out what classes will transfer, use up your eligibility and end up on the hook for all of whatever's left of your degree.

I'm not saying it won't happen. Just saying that it defies logic to try and get a college degree in five years from four different schools.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                                Yeah, but why? Get some penny-ante scholarship that won't come close to covering the costs of your inflated private school tuition, while you try and figure out what classes will transfer, use up your eligibility and end up on the hook for all of whatever's left of your degree.

I'm not saying it won't happen. Just saying that it defies logic to try and get a college degree in five years from four different schools.
                                I agree, but that is what several people have been saying. He wants to be closer to home because of his family. From an education stand point it does not make much sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X