Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SIU Fans were as loud for you as they were for the Dawgs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SIU Fans were as loud for you as they were for the Dawgs!

Originally posted by AirGriz View Post
    Geez. I'm starting to feel like a little bear cub lost in the woods. Doesn't anyone in FCS like the Griz. I kind of like SDSU except for today. Hard a$$es.
    Nothing against Montana, but I have to cheer for the MVC teams come playoff time. SIU came to SDSU, played a heck of a game, and that game was the only one of the four losses now for SDSU that we were out played an entire game. The other 3 losses for SDSU really should have been wins. Good luck in the rest of the playoffs, but I have to cheer for SIU.
    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by AirGriz View Post
      Geez. I'm starting to feel like a little bear cub lost in the woods. Doesn't anyone in FCS like the Griz. I kind of like SDSU except for today. Hard a$$es.

You should support your conference. Don't be whiny, the Griz obviously have fans around the country. I am pulling for the Griz, but if we had lost, and EWU had won, I would support EWU. SDSU still has a horse in this race, and a damn good one. Its called being a good fan, and SDSU fans are just that.

Comment

why would SIU cheer for SDSU?

I was at a bar with NDSU fans in minneapolis, at the beginning when SDSU was winning, they were pretty quiet, not really happy or sad. but when SDSU choked the way they did, the NDSU fans laughed and hoooped and hollored. crazy crazy stuff. IMHO, NDSU has no reason to cheer for SDSU, they already beat montana, and they are rivals and compete with them for recruits. and to watch someone collosally choke, you just gotta laugh. its human nature.

Comment

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post

I was at a bar with NDSU fans in minneapolis, at the beginning when SDSU was winning, they were pretty quiet, not really happy or sad. but when SDSU choked the way they did, the NDSU fans laughed and hoooped and hollored. crazy crazy stuff. IMHO, NDSU has no reason to cheer for SDSU, they already beat montana, and they are rivals and compete with them for recruits. and to watch someone collosally choke, you just gotta laugh. its human nature.
          Well...your first problem was you were near NDSU fans..j/k sort of. NDSU fans need to realize that the strength of your conference is what can get you in the playoffs when your conference foes do well..the next year when maybe you are on the bubble(7-4, been there?) they may choose a team from your conference instead of say a Weber State. So believe it or not NDSU fans the Jacks doing well and SIU(and yes now everyone knows UNI should have been in there) is good for your own future. As you have found out the MVC is tough and you aren't going to make the playoffs every year by winning the Conf. Champ.. The MVC has already made a statement in these playoffs, if SIU makes the Championship it is good for the entire conference. Yes cheer against your conference foes when you play intraconference but grow up and figure out that winning outside of your conference and doing well in the playoffs helps the entire conference. And what's good for the Valley is good for your own school. Next year NDSU may be riding the bubble and it will be the strength of the MVC that got them in. Of course maybe with the last couple seasons of progress NDSU doesn't feel it needs to improve.
          P.S. If you compete with Montana for recruits wouldn't you have wanted State to win?
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post

I think it's been said but the better your conference is, the better it is for you. If 2 teams from the MVC played in the championship game last year, would UNI be in the playoffs this year instead of other 7-4 teams?
            I see your point about NDSU/SDSU recruiting so that might add a little to you point. Other than that, I just don't see how they can't see it helping them.
            I think if Montana plays SIU in the finals, it's about as good as I can ask for. That means both those teams beat the East Coast teams. Maybe the bias that they have will eventually go away. Plus, two of SDSU's four loses have came against the teams in the championship game. That's not all bad. SDSU did lose but they lost to the best.

Comment

Just checked over on Bisonville and was somewhat stunned by the animosity of Bison fans regarding the Montana comeback Saturday. I would have thought it prudent also to cheer for one's own conference soulmates, given that the better one's conference teams do in the playoffs is bound to help one's own team somewhere and at some time in the future. Not necessarily so. Not that I have anything at all against the Grizzlies, but SDSU was a former longstanding conference rival of UND's and I was hoping at least one of the Dakota teams would go far into the FCS playoffs. As it is, I will be now pulling for the Grizzlies along with Dale Lennon's Southern Illinois Salukis. Congratulations, Jacks fans on a terrific season. By rights, you had the Gophers beaten, and they can never take that away from you. Just wanted to let you know that here's a former North Central Conference fan who was pulling for you. Best of luck next year.

Comment

Originally posted by mizzou/sioux View Post
                Just checked over on Bisonville and was somewhat stunned by the animosity of Bison fans regarding the Montana comeback Saturday. I would have thought it prudent also to cheer for one's own conference soulmates, given that the better one's conference teams do in the playoffs is bound to help one's own team somewhere and at some time in the future. Not necessarily so. Not that I have anything at all against the Grizzlies, but SDSU was a former longstanding conference rival of UND's and I was hoping at least one of the Dakota teams would go far into the FCS playoffs. As it is, I will be now pulling for the Grizzlies along with Dale Lennon's Southern Illinois Salukis. Congratulations, Jacks fans on a terrific season. By rights, you had the Gophers beaten, and they can never take that away from you. Just wanted to let you know that here's a former North Central Conference fan who was pulling for you. Best of luck next year.

im guessing bison fans are miffed that we made the playoffs before they did and they didnt want us to have the first win, in the playoffs, before they did. but thats just being delayed a year.

Comment

Originally posted by mizzou/sioux View Post
                  They were a lot friendlier when they could look down their noses at their "little brother" sdsu and I think almost put our successes down as almost cute because we would never touch what the mighty bison would be accomplishing. But three straight later and two bad seasons by them we don't look so little brother-ish now or cute, and they sure as he11 don't want to acknowledge us as equals. And what really drives them nuts is that they see us as inferior to them, so how can we be having more success? How dare we succeed! Just my take on it.

*this does not go for all bison fans, just the ones you see bashing on us now
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Mitchellrabbit is exactly right...it's purely their jealousy of us actually making the playoffs. Much like what some SDSU fans probably felt like watching them during March Madness last spring. There are some good fans on Bisonville that are knowledgeable and respectful FCS fans (they were rooting for SDSU this past weekend), and then a handful of truly arrogant and crazy members - much like all discussion boards.

The Bison didn't win a home conference football game this season, even with their vaunted home field advantage in the Fargodome, and they didn't even have to play the top two teams in the conference in Fargo so the schedule wasn't lopsided. They should have enough things to worry about in their own program...
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Successful teams in any sport tend to attract a minority population of loud, uncouth, and less than intelligent fans that need to pull down the competition when their team hits a rough spot. The more successful the program the more of these types show up. No need to paint the average Bison fan with that brush, they can't push the minority group of obnoxious fans away.

SDSU will attract more of these over time with continued success on the field, comes with the territory. Hopefully they won't find a home here.
                      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                        Successful teams in any sport tend to attract a minority population of loud, uncouth, and less than intelligent fans that need to pull down the competition when their team hits a rough spot. The more successful the program the more of these types show up. No need to paint the average Bison fan with that brush, they can't push the minority group of obnoxious fans away.

SDSU will attract more of these over time with continued success on the field, comes with the territory. Hopefully they won't find a home here.
                        Good post.

Comment

Working...
                        X