Thanks to a great group of seniors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to a great group of seniors

I posted this in the GDT, but it deserves a thread of its own. Let's take a moment to say thanks to a great group of seniors who gave us everything they had for four or five years:

Danny Batten, Steven Bazata, Casey Bender, Joseph Blackman, Ryan Crawford, Glen Fox, Isaiah Jackson, Chris Johnson, Casey Knips, Nate Koskovich, Jacob Ludemann, Jordan Miranda, Adam Monke, Saunders Montague, Jordan Paula, Jimmy Rogers, Mike Steffen.

What a great group of leaders. Their hard work will continue to pay off as the younger players who watched and learned from them take over and push the program to greater heights. Thanks guys.
    Holy nutmeg!

Re: Thanks to a great group of seniors

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    I posted this in the GDT, but it deserves a thread of its own. Let's take a moment to say thanks to a great group of seniors who gave us everything they had for four or five years:

Danny Batten, Steven Bazata, Casey Bender, Joseph Blackman, Ryan Crawford, Glen Fox, Isaiah Jackson, Chris Johnson, Casey Knips, Nate Koskovich, Jacob Ludemann, Jordan Miranda, Adam Monke, Saunders Montague, Jordan Paula, Jimmy Rogers, Mike Steffen.

What a great group of leaders. Their hard work will continue to pay off as the younger players who watched and learned from them take over and push the program to greater heights. Thanks guys.
    My thank you to the seniors, no doubt a great bunch and a special thank you to the Arizona guys. I recall meeting Karl Ballard in the parking lot outside of the HPER parking lot one cold Saturday in January. He told me was on his way to pick up some California and Arizona guys at the motel. They were here for a campus visit. I thought to myself, how in the world are we going to keep them here in Brookings for 4 to 5 years. Well I guess we did just that.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 11-28-2009, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Yep. Thanks seniors.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post

Here here... Thanks for your heart.... you've done your university proud!

Comment

These men quite literally took SDSU football to a new level.

The disappointment so many fans feel tonight is only because these athletes showed those fans a vision of football excellence at SDSU that had not been seen in decades.

They built a foundation for success--for themselves as well as for the football program. So I add my thanks to them and best wishes for their futures, wherever their paths may lead.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Definitely some great memories there. No more will I hear the hallowed words: "Tackle made by Danny Batten" or "Catch made by Fox."
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Hats off to the seniors- was there for every home game (and a 1 or 2 on the road) of your careers and you made the games a joy to watch. No more Batten and no more Jimmy Rogers- hard to think about that. Best of luck to all of them in their life after SDSU! Hats off to Jordan Paula for being a part of something even though he didn't get on the field much.

Comment

+++++++++++

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  These men quite literally took SDSU football to a new level.

The disappointment so many fans feel tonight is only because these athletes showed those fans a vision of football excellence at SDSU that had not been seen in decades.

They built a foundation for success--for themselves as well as for the football program. So I add my thanks to them and best wishes for their futures, wherever their paths may lead.
                  I don't think it can be said any better.

Like Sell said at the half, these seniors have been through the whole process. We hurt right now but I can't imagine how much the seniors hurt.

Thanks Seniors and here is to bright future! Never forgotten.

Comment

Thank you seniors. Most of us are hurting right now but without the hard work you guys put in the last 4 or 5 years, we would not be where we are today. Thanks again and wish all of you the best.

Comment

What an unbelievable bunch of seniors. This class made SDSU football what it is today. They play with incredible effort and passion that can't be compared to any team I can ever remember. The future looks extremely bright because of the foundation they have laid.

Thank you seniors! It's a great day to be a Jackrabbit, regardless of yesterday's outcome. You make us all proud!

Comment

I'm going to bump this one. I just talked to a senior player, and they're hurting. I asked him to tell his classmates to take a look at this thread to see how much the fans appreciate them.

These guys were a lot of fun to watch and I know from talking to younger players that they've had a tremendous, lasting impact on the program. Thanks again, guys.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I wish we could figure out a way to get every one of those seniors back. It's hard to imagine SDSU football without that class. But, they've set such a standard and provided such great examples that the guys coming up know what they have to do.

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
                            no more Jimmy Rogers
                            Still wondering if we will still hear "Light 'em up Jimmy" next year from the east side? :-)

All kidding aside, these seniors played a great career at SDSU and I wish them all the luck in the future.
                            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Would like to add one comment to this thread. This year was the most fun I've had at Coughlin, ever. Thank you guys.
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                              X