This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Montana game thread

The Montana / Jacks game reminded me of the old WWF (wrestling). The good guy (Jacks) pummels the bad guy (Grizz) for about 20 minutes. Than the bad guy wins late in the match. If I did not know better you would have thought this game was fixed? But, I know better. Sad day in Jackrabbit land and I really feel bad for the kids. I don't think the coaching staff let them play to win? The Jacks had their way with the Grill for nearly three quarters. Than decided to go conservative (big time). Play he last quarter just like you played the first three and the Jacks win..........

Tough loss Jacks

GBGBGJ

Comment

Watched the game. Jacks were absolutely AMAZING for about 2.5 quarters. Griz making that 4th & 8 was a turning point. After that, Jacks "prevent" offense and defense was SSSSOOOOO predictable.

Jacks coaches need to watch this game OVER, and OVER, and OVER. IF SDSU learns to NOT BE PREDICTABLE, then Jacks will win these games.

Was the altitude a factor? Did anything change from the 1st half to the 2nd half, that should not have been anticipated, and controlled?

Still and always will be a PROUD RABID RABBIT. Glad they made the play-offs. We will see the Griz a LOT when we both make play-offs due to proximity. And we will NEVER win the bid battle with them.

Congrats Griz on a magical comeback. Good luck until SIU takes you out.

Comment

Hell of a season Jackrabbit's. And a hell of a team, they came to play, and knocked us all over that field for the better part of 3 quarter's. I'm not gonna say that we are the better team just because we won the game. But you can't deny the heart of a champion when you see it. You guy's have a talented frosh quarterback that is gonna do amazing things for you in the upcoming years, I would be exited for the future if I were a Jackrabbit. You won me over as a fan of the program yesterday, I will be rooting for the Jackrabbit's in the future, unless it is against the Griz. Go get 'em next year.

Comment

Thanks, Growler.

Comment

What a heart breaker! It does show that the Jacks were definitely deserving of the playoff bid (not that there was discussion about that) and that they were a very dangerous team this year.

The Jacks forced Montana out of their game for 3 quarters, then the Griz decided to actually play football. The coaches did change the schemes and that helped but this comeback might have happened anyways.

The Rabbits' broadcasters pointed out how TOB didn't ever check off a play or call an audible. In the games I watched (UNI, YSU, SIU, and Minny) I didn't see either Crawford or TOB check or call an audible. If this is true, it needs to change. You need to have faith in your QB to be able to read the defense and change the play as needed.

Both Crawford and TOB did not seem to go through any reads ever. This is something that I might have missed but they seemed to stare down receivers, especially on quick outs, which helps the defensive backs get jumps on balls. I have never played organized tackle football, but it seems to be on quick outs (timing throws), you should be able to look away at first (since it is timing) and then come back to hit the receiver.

I hope some of the more vocal Jackrabbits that are against playing Montana have had their minds changed with this game. Montana should come to CAS (that high school place to the Grizz fans still reading) first. How great would it be to have a rematch of this game the 2nd weekend of Sept next year (I know it won't happen but just think of the hype around it).

8 wins and playoffs this year - 9 wins and second round next year!
            Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
            -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

well, at least you made sportscenter.

Comment

Originally posted by ccdeville View Post
                well, at least you made sportscenter.
                go home!

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                  Watched the game. Jacks were absolutely AMAZING for about 2.5 quarters. Griz making that 4th & 8 was a turning point. After that, Jacks "prevent" offense and defense was SSSSOOOOO predictable.

Jacks coaches need to watch this game OVER, and OVER, and OVER. IF SDSU learns to NOT BE PREDICTABLE, then Jacks will win these games.

Was the altitude a factor? Did anything change from the 1st half to the 2nd half, that should not have been anticipated, and controlled?

Still and always will be a PROUD RABID RABBIT. Glad they made the play-offs. We will see the Griz a LOT when we both make play-offs due to proximity. And we will NEVER win the bid battle with them.

Congrats Griz on a magical comeback. Good luck until SIU takes you out.
                  Review the game. Find the lessons and move on. Maybe take a few lessons from last years WBB team.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
                    Review the game. Find the lessons and move on. Maybe take a few lessons from last years WBB team.

I agree 99. TIME to move on gentlemen. I promise you Coach Stig has.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Van's gettin' full...don't be left behind!

Comment

I just wanted to say that SDSU has an amazing program. In 25 years, I've never seen the griz so thoroughly outplayed and outcoached on both sides of the ball. You guys are a class organization and I hope that in future playoffs you're on the other side of the bracket so we can play again for a national championship. go Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizturf View Post
                          I just wanted to say that SDSU has an amazing program. In 25 years, I've never seen the griz so thoroughly outplayed and outcoached on both sides of the ball. You guys are a class organization and I hope that in future playoffs you're on the other side of the bracket so we can play again for a national championship. go Jacks.
                          Thanks, a number of fans from Montana had been generous with their comments and compliements. SDSU would like to emulate your program and hopefully we will in the near future. BTW visited Missoula for two other SDSU games, in 1988 and 1993. We were outplayed in 1988, but the 1993 game was almost a repeat of Saturday's game. The Griz seems to have a way of coming back.

Comment

Why wasn't this thread locked up when OUR posters started bashing these young men and OUR coaches????

KUlawJack
                            You heard it here first. Our biggest collapse in history.

JimmyJack
                            EPIC FAIL. Worst choke in program history. Period.

Hate to say it. I don't feel like this game was managed well. It's as simple as that. Poor playcalling. Soft defense. I don't understand what happened.

sfjacksfan99
                            Today...unspeakable. Heads should roll.

sfjacksfan99
                            Go away coaching staff, you suck.

Jacked Rabbit
                            Outcoached us, moreover. Meadows needs to step down as O Coordinator. I've played under him - I understand he isn't cut out for the job. End of story.

JackFan96
                            Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand how. Again...no heart. And piss-poor coaching.

YanktonJack7
                            Really embarrassing. We should have freakin won this game. Very disappointing. Nice choke, Stig.

Comment

hehe, I love that summary. everyone put their hands together for Benedict Arnold---Just in the Crowd!

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
                                Why wasn't this thread locked up when OUR posters started bashing these young men and OUR coaches????

KUlawJack
                                You heard it here first. Our biggest collapse in history.

JimmyJack
                                EPIC FAIL. Worst choke in program history. Period.

Hate to say it. I don't feel like this game was managed well. It's as simple as that. Poor playcalling. Soft defense. I don't understand what happened.

sfjacksfan99
                                Today...unspeakable. Heads should roll.

sfjacksfan99
                                Go away coaching staff, you suck.

Jacked Rabbit
                                Outcoached us, moreover. Meadows needs to step down as O Coordinator. I've played under him - I understand he isn't cut out for the job. End of story.

JackFan96
                                Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand how. Again...no heart. And piss-poor coaching.

YanktonJack7
                                Really embarrassing. We should have freakin won this game. Very disappointing. Nice choke, Stig.
                                Did you watch the game? Then you can see when most of these posts were made - during the collapse ON SATURDAY. Coming back three days later and telling us how to react to the huge collapse as it happens? Can you see all the way to Williston across the prairie from up on that high horse?

I still feel terrible about Saturday and am a huge Jacks supporter. Don't think for a second that al those people that you "called out" aren't just as big of Jackrabbit fans as you.
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X