Western Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Western Illinois

How the heck am I suppose to sleep tonight? I can hardly stand to wait until 2 pm tomorrow. I am not putting the tailgate grill or flag away tonight. I plan to drag them up to Brookings next Saturday.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Positives.
      8-3, in playoffs.
      Beat UNI and six other conference teams.
      Nearly beat an FCS team that won three Big 10 games.
      Defense, which can make a difference in playoffs
      Hunger, team in playoffs for first since Jimmy Carter was president
      Kept Marker with most convincing win in a long time
      Senior leadership

Negatives
      Not exactly playing best football right now.
      Should be 10-1
      Probably not drawing a great first-rounder as a result of three losses

Comment

SDSU Football, Division One playoffs. Kinda has a nice ring, doesn't it!
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
          SDSU Football, Division One playoffs. Kinda has a nice ring, doesn't it!
          Pretty cool! Whold've thunk this 5 years ago?
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Did Bison choke the year out? Any of our posters been on over there?

Comment

See MVFC section. BitsTD updating
              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                How the heck am I suppose to sleep tonight? I can hardly stand to wait until 2 pm tomorrow. I am not putting the tailgate grill or flag away tonight. I plan to drag them up to Brookings next Saturday.
                God I hope you're right. Maybe you should put them away so you have to be "punished" to take them back out.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                  God I hope you're right. Maybe you should put them away so you have to be "punished" to take them back out.
                  Not going to do it. We have the best defense at this level. If our offense can control the ball and not turn it over we can win the whole dang thing. Our coaches have decided we want TOB at the helm. Minett is the true leader on offense and we can ride him.

I'm hunting pheasants in Hamlin county Saturday morning and going to the Jackrabbit game at CAS Saturday afternoon, see you there.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Rapid City Journal staff continues to cover the news of the Jackrabbit football team with a story and pic....here's a link.

Comment

We have dish network and on ESPN News it says the blitz is on at 2. Is the selection show going to be on the blitz? Anybody know about this?
                      Last edited by kdybdahl; 11-22-2009, 01:41 PM.

Comment

While you wait the Capitol One challenge is super close... Make sure to vote and boost the viral by sending it to all your friends.. super close! http://bit.ly/Kkk5o

Comment

I just finished 30 votes half an hour ago. Looks like time for another 30.

Comment

First Jacks game in person in 43 years, went with my daughter and grand daughter. Enjoyed it but found Macomb to be kind of a depressing town. Most of that part of the state has been badly ignored, especially the portion wedged between the Mississippi and Illinois rivers.

I know that they've been hit badly by the loss of a good QB and a sick head coach but leaving the stadium while the Leathernecks walked out was a bit like getting caught in a funeral procession. The lack of action on their fan board shows this winding down of what used to be a pretty good program. Hopefully they'll get it turned around and the conference won't be stuck with two Indiana States.

Jacks defense looked good. The kind of team I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                              First Jacks game in person in 43 years, went with my daughter and grand daughter. Enjoyed it but found Macomb to be kind of a depressing town. Most of that part of the state has been badly ignored, especially the portion wedged between the Mississippi and Illinois rivers.

I know that they've been hit badly by the loss of a good QB and a sick head coach but leaving the stadium while the Leathernecks walked out was a bit like getting caught in a funeral procession. The lack of action on their fan board shows this winding down of what used to be a pretty good program. Hopefully they'll get it turned around and the conference won't be stuck with two Indiana States.

Jacks defense looked good. The kind of team I expected.
                              Glad you enjoyed the game! This ain't yo mama's and papa's Jackrabbit team, that's for sure!
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Wow. If anyone is interested in seeing the biggest hit all season, watch the jackrabbit insider on GoJacks.com. The first play of the game Aaron Rollin takes the kickoff and than get's completely hammered by Western Illinois kicker. The kicker just flies into the screen and lunges at Rollin. Best hit I've seen all season.

Comment

Working...
                                X