Lotzer deserves a look next spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lotzer deserves a look next spring

I don't want to take anything away from Lotzer, but look at the numbers that the QB from Sisseton put up this year. Looks to me like the stats could be attributed to the system that is employed up there. I think that there is a place for him on this team, but jumping up to the #1 QB spot isn't one of them. Especially if the Brandon kid comes up to SDSU.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      What is it about the quarterback position that always makes The Other Guy more attractive to some folks than The Current Guy?
      Amen.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Not relevant to the remainder of this season, it is my understanding that some of the current players are expecting quite a competition for the starting QB job next year regardless of what happens this year. I think that is a good thing.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by Jackfan2000 View Post
          SOME OF YOU ARE CRAZY. Sanchez for the jets throws 6 picks in one game and I didn't see anybody call for his head. Last week stafford for the lions threw about 6 picks at seattle and he got to play yesterday. These are rookie's who are building their careers. TOB is building his career. He will be the starter next week and next year. TOB did not play anywhere near as bad as these 2. He's proved he can play.
          I think that calling people crazy for saying there should be competition for a spot next year is a bit silly. I would bet dollars to doughnuts that had Crawford had this sort of game you would be screaming your head off about how TOB should have played. On this Jacks team there is going to be competition for every spot and whoever is the better player will play. I firmly believe that thats what Stig does to give the guys the best chance to win. Not saying we should switch QB's again or anything, just saying that you calling people crazy for saying another guy should get a look next year is a bit out there.
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            Not relevant to the remainder of this season, it is my understanding that some of the current players are expecting quite a competition for the starting QB job next year regardless of what happens this year. I think that is a good thing.
            Is there a hidden message that requires me to read between the lines? My mind started racing when I read this - is this just an observation or is there possibly someone else that will be entering the mix for the starting position? I think you know where I am going with this. *cough*...Brandon Valley...*cough*
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
              Is there a hidden message that requires me to read between the lines? My mind started racing when I read this - is this just an observation or is there possibly someone else that will be entering the mix for the starting position? I think you know where I am going with this. *cough*...Brandon Valley...*cough*
              I'm guessing the competition is going to between TOB, Whittier, and Mondol. Even if Sumner decides SDSU is the place for him, it would take an awfully special recruit and situation to pull the shirt on true freshman QB. I do hope that we get the chance to find out though...
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                I'm guessing the competition is going to between TOB, Whittier, and Mondol. Even if Sumner decides SDSU is the place for him, it would take an awfully special recruit and situation to pull the shirt on true freshman QB. I do hope that we get the chance to find out though...
                As do I, that would be great. Personally I think it will be a two horse race between TOB and Whittier, as Mondol will be a senior. Just my opinion. I won't mind if Sumner decides that Brookings is right for him though.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

As do I, that would be great. Personally I think it will be a two horse race between TOB and Whittier, as Mondol will be a senior. Just my opinion. I won't mind if Sumner decides that Brookings is right for him though.

I don't think that anyone who is a SDSU fan would mind seeing Sumner on the team but with the predictions about the future of the QB position, what would entice him to come???

Comment

Originally posted by sdsugojacks View Post
                    I don't think that anyone who is a SDSU fan would mind seeing Sumner on the team but with the predictions about the future of the QB position, what would entice him to come???
                    A FREE EDUCATION. If that is taken for granted, then perhaps he is not a good candidate for SDSU. Seriously if he has lofty academic goals and can still play football then somewhere else with both to offer that place would then be a better fit for Mr. Sumner. From what little I have heard he is a good football player and hopefully the QB situation would be a challenge that he would like. Its not impossible that TOB could end his career on the defensive side of the football if someone like Sumner came and gave him the challange. So many variables here.

Comment

If you are a good player and confident in your abilities, the fact that there are other good players at a school, I don't think would deter you from going there. Its not like he wouldn't have to worry about other QB recruits at Wisconsin or Iowa State or any other school. I'd hope he would look at it as a challenge more than a detriment. The fact that Stig chose TOB for his starter this season can only help as it shows the coaching staff is willing to go with the best player, regardless of age.

Comment

This is closer to what I am hearing. Sumner isn't giving many hints about where he is headed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                          If you are a good player and confident in your abilities, the fact that there are other good players at a school, I don't think would deter you from going there. Its not like he wouldn't have to worry about other QB recruits at Wisconsin or Iowa State or any other school. I'd hope he would look at it as a challenge more than a detriment. The fact that Stig chose TOB for his starter this season can only help as it shows the coaching staff is willing to go with the best player, regardless of age.
                          I totally agree with this statement! A kid can look at it as a challenge that is going to amke him better or as a situation where his chances maybe aren't as good to play early. Seriously though, how many QBs go to college and expect to paly as a RS-Fr or even a sophomore, let along a true freshman. That just doesn't happen unless there is an injury or two.

Even if TOB is our QB for the next 3 years, that would give Sumner 2 years after TOB graduates if he redshirts next year.

Comment

Working...
                          X