FCS Polls 11/9/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FCS Polls 11/9/09

With the bid process, how much does the dreaded late season attendance crash affect the university's decision to bid or possibly not bid based on the fear of not breaking even? I know I was actually surprised by the attendance last Saturday, but my sometimes negative side, tells me that one game does not break a tendancy.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
      But I don't think they "draw" the playoffs, so that might not happen. My guess is they seed the top four teams and look at the next four highest bids and give those eight teams home games. Then they fill in the 8 visitors based on record (sending the worst of the eight to the top seeds), location (keeping things somewhat regional), and anything else.

If we submit a bid that is in the top four, we wouldn't have much of a chance to be sent to Montana. If our bid isn't high enough, I would say there is a 50/50 chance we end up there depending on how our last two games go.

Based on attendance, there are maybe 5-6 teams ahead of us that will make the playoffs. Two of them might get a seed, so that would put us right on the cusp of being able to win a bid based on butts in the seats. If we supplement that NCAA ticket income with a little extra $$$, I think we could stand a chance to have a home game.
      http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2009/Intern...ATTENDANCE.pdf
      The NCAA foots the travel bill, so it is regionalized to a certain extent. For example SCSU has very high attendance but since they are an easy bus ride away from App State, they will likely be sent to App.

Comment

UNI has no "signature" wins over top 25 teams and we win the head-to-head. The polls are annoying, though. You lose to the #1 team and drop below a team you beat soundly very recently. Weird.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

One thing we have a solid history with is people showing up for post-season play. See NIT,Summit League Tournament and all the Regional Basketball games back in DII. I don't think football would be any different.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            You are correct but if we draw Montana like most are speculating we won't be able to outbid them. No chance.
            Montana would have to lose twice (which isn't happening) to not be a seed. Our proximity to Missoula makes SDSU highly likely to get matched with Montana. About the only way that Jacks don't get matched with MT is if a weak Southland team gets sent there. Can almost guarantee that if SDSU doesn't play them in the first round, that we'll be in the bracket that would play them the second round.

A great situation for the Jacks would be if 5 CAA's and 3 MVFC's need to get spread around so that they're not playing each other til the third round. Still think that we're going to be in MT at this point though.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              One thing we have a solid history with is people showing up for post-season play. See NIT,Summit League Tournament and all the Regional Basketball games back in DII. I don't think football would be any different.
              Except that it is outdoors!

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                Montana would have to lose twice (which isn't happening) to not be a seed. Our proximity to Missoula makes SDSU highly likely to get matched with Montana. About the only way that Jacks don't get matched with MT is if a weak Southland team gets sent there. Can almost guarantee that if SDSU doesn't play them in the first round, that we'll be in the bracket that would play them the second round.

A great situation for the Jacks would be if 5 CAA's and 3 MVFC's need to get spread around so that they're not playing each other til the third round. Still think that we're going to be in MT at this point though.
                I've heard that, but if you look into it, the travel cost for SDSU to go to Montana is pretty much the same as if any other team went up there....

Comment

Alright, assuming we do have to travel to Montana, what would our chances be? Has anyone seen them play? Who their good players are or what they excel at? We did play them really tough up there a couple years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitFan11 View Post
                    Alright, assuming we do have to travel to Montana, what would our chances be? Has anyone seen them play? Who their good players are or what they excel at? We did play them really tough up there a couple years ago...

Mabe its in a previous post and I have not looked back far enough? I think we are all putting the old cart before the horse..........we need to beat another MVC foe on the road to even think about the playoffs.......

I do like our chances but one never knows. Lets get thru the Gopher game healthy and than move onto Western Ill.

GBGBGJ

Comment

http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/champ...l_handbook.pdf

Page 7 (of 25) has the placement criteria. Looking that over, we're in the same western region with 1/2 the Southland, half the MVFC, and all of the BSC and GWFC.

The key is the committee starts with regionalization going for match-ups with < 300 miles between teams. Once over 300 miles, flying, get sent anywhere.

Both of these AGS discussions are worthy of review, especially the first post.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/foru...ad.php?t=65952

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/foru...ad.php?t=65923

Comment

Working...
                      X