X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Here come the Goophers

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    Best of luck to the Gophers!

My former Roommate is a Gopher cheerleader and I know he'll cheer for the jacks inside should they win. Should be fun although you guys need to get a better game time for us next time11Am is a little too early IMO.. probably has to do with the Big 11 network though.
    I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Sorry I thought of that when i read your post well heres to beating the Goophs, a win saturday would have helped build confidence for this game but I still think our Schwartz is bigger then there's just as long as we know how to use it.

Sorry another spaceball refrence.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Sorry I thought of that when i read your post well heres to beating the Goophs, a win saturday would have helped build confidence for this game but I still think our Schwartz is bigger then there's just as long as we know how to use it.

Sorry another spaceball refrence.
      No Apology needed, it was funny.

Comment

Humor encouraged....on the first page of this thread, got a little smacky.

No smack in non-smack threads.

Junior barkeep.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Humor encouraged....on the first page of this thread, got a little smacky.

No smack in non-smack threads.

Junior barkeep.
          Characters welcome.

Trolls aren't.
          Last edited by Jacks99; 11-11-2009, 12:47 PM. Reason: typo...oops

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
            Characters welcome.

Tolls aren't.
            LOL...no, no tolls allowed: free! Trolls banned.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
              Stubhub...

http://www.stubhub.com/minnesota-gol...4-2009-765930/

and I believe the gophers have released a few more also

https://www.tickets.umn.edu/online/seatSelect.asp

also Craigslist has some

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/tix/

http://www.4gamedaytickets.com/Resul...te+Jackrabbits

I've never heard of that site but it has a lot of tickets available....

hope that helps if you can't find any on here.
              There have been plenty of tickets availible in the street before every game except Wisconsin.

Comment

Where's everybody staying, just out of curiosity?

Also, the weather looks to be pretty great...projected high of 49 on Saturday in Minneapolis. Can't ask for much more at this point in the year.
                Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                  Best of luck to the Gophers!

My former Roommate is a Gopher cheerleader and I know he'll cheer for the jacks inside should they win. Should be fun although you guys need to get a better game time for us next time11Am is a little too early IMO.. probably has to do with the Big 11 network though.
                  "It has nothing to do with TV". So says the Big 10. It's all for the "student athlete". They want their "student athletes" to be able to get back to their respective campus at a decent hour on Saturday. I'm guessing once the "boys" gets back to campus they grab a pizza at the local pizza parlor and then head back to the dorms for study group.

I know many Gopher season ticket holders who have not loved the experience due to the fact that most Gopher games start at 11:00 am. The Big Ten needs to get out of the dark ages.

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
                    "It has nothing to do with TV". So says the Big 10. It's all for the "student athlete". They want their "student athletes" to be able to get back to their respective campus at a decent hour on Saturday. I'm guessing once the "boys" gets back to campus they grab a pizza at the local pizza parlor and then head back to the dorms for study group.

I know many Gopher season ticket holders who have not loved the experience due to the fact that most Gopher games start at 11:00 am. The Big Ten needs to get out of the dark ages.
                    It is the same crap the NCAA uses to "not" have a playoff for the FBS, as they don't want players to have to miss finals week... but yet they don't care if the FCS does it, as if no doctors, lawyers, and scientist come from these schools.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post

I will be honest, I love that the Big Ten starts its games at 12PM EST/11AM. I like to be able to get in as many games on Saturdays as possible! Also, tailgating at 6:00 AM is a pretty wild experience. What I wish they would do, is abolish the rule of no evening games after Halloween, or whatever the rule is.

Caveat - I love Big Ten football. I love watching games where they line up in an I formation and two tight ends and run iso 40 times a game. I am not being sarcastic either. I think that type of football is awesome.
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

FYI Stig is going to be on KFAN out of the Twin Cities, Wednesday at 5:55PM on the Dan Barreiro show. You can stream the show live online, or if you have a iPhone can get it through the iheartradio application.

http://www.kfan.com/pages/psn_danbarreiro.html
                        if you scroll down halfway through the page, Dan has a little montage to SDSU.

Comment

comments from Brewster on game saturday

Here come the Jackrabbits: Brewster said he looked closely at Saturday's lower-level opponent South Dakota State, which will try to deny the Gophers their all-important sixth win.

He knows Minnesota can't afford to overlook the Jackrabbits (7-2) of the Missouri Valley Conference, because they beat Northern Iowa this season. Northern Iowa nearly upset Iowa earlier this season, but it had two field goals blocked late in a 17-16 loss in Iowa City.

"They're a good football team," Brewster said. "I think it's about us. We're not going to overlook anybody. This is Senior Day. This is the seniors' last opportunity to play at TCF Bank Stadium."

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                            Where's everybody staying, just out of curiosity?

Also, the weather looks to be pretty great...projected high of 49 on Saturday in Minneapolis. Can't ask for much more at this point in the year.
                            Family is staying by the Mall O'Merica. Planning on riding the rail. Not sure how early to leave or how long it will take to get back.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                              FYI Stig is going to be on KFAN out of the Twin Cities, Wednesday at 5:55PM on the Dan Barreiro show. You can stream the show live online, or if you have a iPhone can get it through the iheartradio application.

http://www.kfan.com/pages/psn_danbarreiro.html
                              if you scroll down halfway through the page, Dan has a little montage to SDSU.
                              great job by stig.... Chad from Mt. Vernon (Greenway) called in and talked about how Stig was when it came to recruitment and said he will be watching the Steffen brothers really closely..... Jake and Mike's dad is the head football coach at Mt. Vernon and coached Chad....

Comment

If my South Dakota math is correct.... there is still over 80 lower bowl tickets available for the game on Stubhub..... hope everybody who is trying to go can go....

Comment

Working...
                                X