Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU v SIU

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
    Torn??? In What way? Are you saying we need to fire coach stigs after one loss? This was just one game. Today we were just out played by a better team.
    I think he meant torn as in who to place blame on.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Jacks got vertigo.

The whole team played bad. You can't hang this one on Crawford. Crawford doesn't play defense (260+ yards rushing). Crawford doesn't play center. Crawford doesn't play receiver (how many dropped passes in the first half).

Jacks played like they had no business playing for the conference title.

But I was most disgusted by the cheers for TOB when he came in----and I don't want to hear anything about how TOB played. Most of TOB's yards came against the Salukis' second unit.

Regardless of what you think about Crawford, you don't cheer when a player's benched. Period. End of paragraph. End of chapter. End of story.

Comment

Jacks knew they need to play mistake free to win. We came out and made mistakes. That put SDSU in a need to pass situation and gave SIU the opportunity to blitz and come up on the receivers. A tough place to be against a very good team.

Give State the dropped pick and take away the clip and bad snaps early and this is a much different game. No need to attack coaches and QBs, or line. State still has a way to go "on paper" and, has compensated by playing with few errors. Need to just get back to playing solid and mistake free.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

We got pwned.

Since a lot of fans are questioning coaching and players, I've got a few complaints about the fans.

To the 15 or so "Jacks" fans sitting within earshot of me, I wish you would cheer half as hard FOR the Jacks as you complain about play calling, mistakes, personnel decisions, blown coverage, etc, etc, etc. Granted, it was a bad game. Either cheer for the good plays, leave, or shut up. Don't cheer when a player gets benched.

Another comment to Jackrabbit Nation. Children attend these games. If you want to drop F bombs all game, use the S wort repeatedly, make comments involving genitalia, and so forth, can I recommend you listen to the game at home, go to the bar, or don't drink before the game. Total lack of class by the people sitting around me today, which was far more disappointing to me than the loss on the field.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

No one is saying the game is Crawford's fault, I think most people are saying that TOB gives us a better chance to win.

And to the post above mine, "cheer for the good plays or go home"? Really? Fan's aren't allowed to complain? I do agree that fans should cheer loud for the good plays, and generally have a good attitude. But there is nothing wrong with complaining...

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
              We got pwned.

Since a lot of fans are questioning coaching and players, I've got a few complaints about the fans.

To the 15 or so "Jacks" fans sitting within earshot of me, I wish you would cheer half as hard FOR the Jacks as you complain about play calling, mistakes, personnel decisions, blown coverage, etc, etc, etc. Granted, it was a bad game. Either cheer for the good plays, leave, or shut up. Don't cheer when a player gets benched.

Another comment to Jackrabbit Nation. Children attend these games. If you want to drop F bombs all game, use the S wort repeatedly, make comments involving genitalia, and so forth, can I recommend you listen to the game at home, go to the bar, or don't drink before the game. Total lack of class by the people sitting around me today, which was far more disappointing to me than the loss on the field.
              Well put. It is tough to watch the team play poorly and lose but, that is no excuse for obnoxious behaviour by the fans. Cheer on the Jacks as loud as you can without becoming offensive.
              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                TOB gives us a better chance to win.
                Sure. Because TOB is so much better at stopping mobile quarterbacks, right?

TOB or Crawford, this is -not- an offense built for comebacks. And being absolutely incapable of stopping the Salukis on the ground put SDSU squarely into that position.

Crawford looks like a hero if the defense lives up to its reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  you have us losing to western illinois? we wont win next win but i cant see us losing to western ill. i guess im still positive we win our last game and go to the playoffs. i just hope obrien is leading us next week.
                  I don't think we'll lose to WIU, but that's why they play the game as well. The chance is always there.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                    But I was most disgusted by the cheers for TOB when he came in----and I don't want to hear anything about how TOB played. Most of TOB's yards came against the Salukis' second unit.

Regardless of what you think about Crawford, you don't cheer when a player's benched. Period. End of paragraph. End of chapter. End of story.
                    No kidding. I was appalled and ashamed of the fans for that.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                      I don't think we'll lose to WIU, but that's why they play the game as well. The chance is always there.
                      This is a supremely embarrassed group of guys that would probably volunteer for harsher practice routines than the coaches are going to impose on them. I would not want to be WIU.

Comment

Sure. Because TOB is so much better at stopping mobile quarterbacks, right?

TOB or Crawford, this is -not- an offense built for comebacks. And being absolutely incapable of stopping the Salukis on the ground put SDSU squarely into that position.

Crawford looks like a hero if the defense lives up to its reputation.
                        No, because TOB is a better quarterback. I'm not saying the game is Crawford's fault or if we start TOB we win. Obviously the D didn't play good. That doesn't change the fact at all that I think that TOB is a better player than Crawford or that our play calling sucks. Maybe you disagree with me, that is fine, but that is my opinion.

Comment

SIU is really good, no doubt. We made a lot of dumb mistakes, more than I have seen all year in total. But you have to give credit to SIU. They put a lot of pressure on us. That's a tremendous group of athletes. Very fast defense, outstanding offensive line. Their only "weakness" is their QB, who isn't much of a passer but is a tremendous runner. We can look at a team like that and measure where we need to go.

I was also disappointed when the crowd cheered so loudly for TOB replacing Crawford. Here's a guy who fought back from a couple of very serious injuries and played his best for us. His parents are sitting in the crowd and we show our appreciation in that way? I want to think the cheers were FOR O'Brien, but it came off as a rejection of Craw. I feel bad for him.

Honestly? I wish the coaches had pulled Crawford at halftime. I also wish our best offensive player, Kyle Minett, had been in on the drive when we couldn't punch it in from the 1 yard line. Nothing against Tyler Duffy. He's a terrific player, but in a conference title game I'd say your best player, the one who has scored 13 TDs, needs to be in there on that goal line offense.

Bottom line, though. SIU is really good.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Fair question. Let me expand on my choice of the word torn. Do I think we need a coaching change after this game...unquestionably no. I will say that the staff (the buck stops with Stig...I would bet that he tells you the same) didn't measure up today. We did not make adjustments as quickly as needed. Saying that, I am not sure adjustments were enough to win today. We flat out got dominated at critical times. A lot of that had to do with schemes and never getting comfortable in executing/controlling the game....At least from my arm chair quarterback position and watching the replays. I have not seen either of our two units look as out of sorts as they did today (this season). Undoubtedly a lot of that has to do with SIU's play. It is up to you to decide if SIU's players are that much better than ours on an individual basis, or if they were better prepared/experienced in this type atmosphere. I would have to say both after watching todays performance. We definitely played uncharacteristically off kilter today at times - instances that led to a relatively easy 14 points for the bad guys. I still think this team has tremendous potential....today just showed the margin for error free play required to win at the top 3 level.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              Bottom line, though. SIU is really good.
                              Absolutley the best team State has played this season. SIU should go far in the playoffs.

Comment

Jacks got vertigo.

The whole team played bad. You can't hang this one on Crawford. Crawford doesn't play defense (260+ yards rushing). Crawford doesn't play center. Crawford doesn't play receiver (how many dropped passes in the first half).

Jacks played like they had no business playing for the conference title.

Someone give zooropa some rep for me. I gotta spread it around.

Comment

Working...
                                X