Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SIU for the MVFC Title

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
    Plus $5 GA tickets from Cubbys, Burger King, etc.

---

Fans got to chill out about attendance, etc. Remember the old, "Act like you've been there before" line, and have confidence in the fans and the team: I think we can safely say that SDSU ain't gonna meltdown on the field, and 14,000+ fans easily (maybe close to 16,000) will turn out for their Jackrabbits.

SDSU is a premier program that is getting better. We need to relax and enjoy the ride.

Save the angst for the inevitable hose-job that we're going to get from the playoff committee.
    I would feel confident betting that we won't get 14,000 there...let alone anywhere near 16,000. I just don't think the culture has changed - yet anyway - in regards to late season football games at SDSU. I think a win on Saturday and hosting a few playoff games could speed that process up though.

I sure would be happy to come here and eat crow on Sunday though if we do have a huge crowd.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      Couple of notes about things that might help attendance this weekend:

It's Military Appreciation Day and FFA is in town. Let's hope the stands are full of current and former members of the military and future farmers in blue jackets.
      As I mentioned before...the majority of the Guard units in this state have drill this weekend...not a good time to get the full benefit of Military Appreciation. Veterans yes, full time, reserve or m-day, not so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
        As I mentioned before...the majority of the Guard units in this state have drill this weekend...not a good time to get the full benefit of Military Appreciation. Veterans yes, full time, reserve or m-day, not so good.
        Perhaps the Governor could declare leave for anyone attending the game...

This has to go up there with the botched NDSU on TV deal as botched promotions in the Athletic Department this year.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I'm bringing my nephew to his first Jackrabbit game. He is currently a senior in high school and is planning on attending SDSU next fall. I want to get him started out right as far as SDSU athletics are concerned.

Everyone else should try to bring a new Jackrabbit fan to the game too.
          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

This has to go up there with the botched NDSU on TV deal as botched promotions in the Athletic Department this year.
            Well, its not like there are many other weekends to do it. Couldn't really do it for beef bowl or hobo day.

Comment

It's military appreciation day in Vermillion as well. I know 2 vets who are going Saturday, I don't either one plans to take the free ticket but they will proudly accept your appreciation. They have mine and my respect and gratitude as do those individuals working hard in the SDSU ticket office.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Really good article or blog or whatever you want to call it from a Saluki perspective.

http://web.me.com/saluki1/Dawg_Track...ckrabbits.html
                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

And another good article in the Daily Egyptian as well. Really giving us a lot of props in Carbondale. No wonder UNI doesn't get along with them

http://www.siude.com/sports/jackrabb...cy-1.2051322#5
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    It's military appreciation day in Vermillion as well. I know 2 vets who are going Saturday, I don't either one plans to take the free ticket but they will proudly accept your appreciation. They have mine and my respect and gratitude as do those individuals working hard in the SDSU ticket office.
                    It is good timing since Veterans Day is next Wednesday. I heard on a talk show that Appleebees is feeding Veterans free on Wednesday. I dont know if the one in Brookings is participating or not.

Comment

Aberdeen American News column on the team/game:

http://www.aberdeennews.com/apps/pbc...0331/-1/sports
                      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

A little disappointed in the Collegian. No front-page promo for the game this week. Is there another event that will draw 14,000+ to campus this week? Interesting.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                          Aberdeen American News column on the team/game:

http://www.aberdeennews.com/apps/pbc...0331/-1/sports
                          Suggestion, take time to register and post a comment about the coverage. People will take notice.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

It is the home game closest to Veteran's Day.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              Suggestion, take time to register and post a comment about the coverage. People will take notice.
                              Agreed and took your advice! It was a very good article.

Comment

Minett, Crawford, and Domino just had radio snippets on Country 1260 AM KWYR in Winner. Talked about the game this weekend and what the keys to victory will be for there respective side of the ball. Kind of neat.

Wish I could be there.

Comment

Working...
                                X