Parnell lost for the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parnell lost for the season

Starting CB General Parnell was injured in the UNI game and is out for the rest of the season. Not sure if that includes the playoffs too, but he is having surgery so I'm guessing so.

Sophmore CB Rodkem Matthews has replaced The General on the depth chart and I'm sure Sr Joe Blackman will be used as well.

It's too bad because Parnell was having a good season and lead the team in picks with 4.

Re: Parnell lost for the season

Very tough break. Good year for General so far, hopefully he can bounce back and have another good one next year!

Comment

General will be missed. He is a talented young man and an integral part of a steadily improving defensive secondary. His talents would've been helpful in the playoffs.

Best wishes on the rehab, hope to see him back at full speed next season.
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Watching General last year, I really thought he would get a lot of playing time this year. He was having a heck of a season until this injury happened. Hopefully the recovery is a good one and General will be back next year in prime condition. Very good player.
        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Did anyone catch the replay of his injury? I DVR'd the game but really can't tell what happened. He was away from the play running up the field and it looked like another one of our guys was engaged with a blocker. From there I really couldn't see anything but it appears Parnell attempts to cut across the field and may have got tangled up with those two and he went down. It didn't look like he took a big hit or anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
            Did anyone catch the replay of his injury? I DVR'd the game but really can't tell what happened. He was away from the play running up the field and it looked like another one of our guys was engaged with a blocker. From there I really couldn't see anything but it appears Parnell attempts to cut across the field and may have got tangled up with those two and he went down. It didn't look like he took a big hit or anything like that.
            He was way over on the west side when the UNI RB cut back towards the east side General began to pursue, I lost him from there. I didn't see anyone hit him he just kind of went down. As we all know, if you plant your foot wrong and shift your body you can tear an ACL or MCL just like that.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

That sucks. I always hate to see players' seasons cut short due to injury.

on a sidenote: that's really quite the interesting name.
              (If I ever have a kid, I'm naming them Lieutenant)

Comment

Working...
              X