Gopher Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gopher Board

Minnesota is not a good team right now. Illinios taking it to them 21 to 7 in the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
      Minnesota is not a good team right now. Illinios taking it to them 21 to 7 in the first half.
      Gophers tend to fade towards the end of the season. Just my opinion, which is based on many seasons following their teams. They should have an advantage in talent next saturday, but are by no means unbeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE View Post
        Gophers tend to fade towards the end of the season. Just my opinion, which is based on many seasons following their teams. They should have an advantage in talent next saturday, but are by no means unbeatable.
        Most Big Ten teams usually start off 4-0 or 3-1 against MAC teams to help them get bowl eligible and tune up for the season. This season, Gophers started 2-1 by scheduling 3 tougher opponents in Syracuse, Air Force and #6 Cal to start the season before Big Ten play and then having SDSU late in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
          Smack deleted. Just defending my team, considering how SDSU's first half against Southern Illinois went.

Comment

Originally posted by gopherbill View Post
            Smack deleted. Just defending my team, considering how SDSU's first half against Southern Illinois went.
            How dare you!!!!!!! I think we got it coming...lets hope we can regroup and challenge the Gophers this Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by gopherbill View Post
              Most Big Ten teams usually start off 4-0 or 3-1 against MAC teams to help them get bowl eligible and tune up for the season. This season, Gophers started 2-1 by scheduling 3 tougher opponents in Syracuse, Air Force and #6 Cal to start the season before Big Ten play and then having SDSU late in the season.
              Try not to be so over-sensitive about what is said about the gophers on a SDSU forum.

Hard to argue that the Gophers are slumping a bit at the end of the year for various reasons. Different schedule or not, simple observation is that they are not playing their best football right now. Gophers aren't exactly a perennial Big Ten power house, so don't be expecting a ton of respect or awe about the Gopher football program.

We have are own issues as well, don't think I or anybody else think we are the "cats meow" either. We definitely got rocked last weekend. Of course we all know about the differences of the levels we both play at. It is, what it is. My hope is that we dash some bowl hopes by raising our playoff chances this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE View Post
                Try not to be so over-sensitive about what is said about the gophers on a SDSU forum.
                I'm just correcting misleading statements, no harm intended.

Comment

Working...
                X