Color Guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Color Guard

Yeah, for sure they should have been prepared....and like I said, both teams played on that field. Believe me, I'm not here to make excuses for why we lost or how we beat ourselves or any of that. My take on the game is that we aren't a very good football team and you're a well coached team that plays sound fundamental football. Perfect example of how SDSU's season and NDSU's season are different. Domino caught the ball he took for 6....Bowman dropped his pick 6. We have time and time again failed to execute at key points in games. You want to know what Bison fans think shooting ourselves in the foot is ? Stop SDSU on 4th and short and the very next play Mertens makes a terrible throw and you guys take it to the house. Am I saying Domino didn't read the eyes of the QB and make a great play and show he's got good hands ? No. I look at it more like the receiver was already really well covered and Mertens was locked in and trying to hit said receiver anyway and should'nt have made the throw in the first place. Am I saying your defense isn't as good as some of you SDSU fans say it is ? No. Do I think if Pat Paschall had been out there that maybe we could have run the ball a little better ? Well sure, but no one will ever know. Do I think the refs had it out for us just like all the other games we have lost this year ? No. Do I think if we hadn't had X amount of penalties there could have been a better outcome ? Yes. I'd like to think if we had better QB play, the receiver that was wide open on the sidelines would have gotten the ball and went for 6 but instead was overthrown terribly. Do I think Minnett isn't an absolute stud and got lucky that day and that O'Brien isn't a good QB ? No. Do I think if maybe our LB corp was a little healthier and our DB's knew what covering a recevier meant that we could have held you to fewer points ? Yeah. Does any of this line of thinking make sense to you guys ? We know your a good team and I don't have a problem admitting you're better than us. It's hard to say that but it's true. But, and you knew there would be a "but", you'd have to admit that we seem to find ways to make it increasingly difficult to win ballgames. I don't think that takes away from the value of the other team does it ?
    Last edited by 9>1; 10-28-2009, 12:10 PM. Reason: Wrong QB mentioned...sorry.

Comment

Yah, that dropped INT was huge. It might have swung the momentum totally to NDSU's side (who knows if SDSU would have been rejected after a swing of events as that one). I won't take anything away from Merten's as a runner. Everytime they needed like 4-5 yards for a first down, he could run for it (very frustrating in the stands to see that happen). His passing is his downfall. Some passes looked pretty good. Then there are the rest of 'em. Just like other posters have stated, SDSU plays 4 full quarters and they really do play sound ball. I didn't care what NDSU's record was coming into the game, you know it is always going to be a good game.
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by 8>1 View Post
        Yeah, for sure they should have been prepared....and like I said, both teams played on that field. Believe me, I'm not here to make excuses for why we lost or how we beat ourselves or any of that. My take on the game is that we aren't a very good football team and you're a well coached team that plays sound fundamental football. Perfect example of how SDSU's season and NDSU's season are different. Domino caught the ball he took for 6....Bowman dropped his pick 6. We have time and time again failed to execute at key points in games. You want to know what Bison fans think shooting ourselves in the foot is ? Stop SDSU on 4th and short and the very next play Mertens makes a terrible throw and you guys take it to the house. Am I saying Domino didn't read the eyes of the QB and make a great play and show he's got good hands ? No. I look at it more like the receiver was already really well covered and Mertens was locked in and trying to hit said receiver anyway and should'nt have made the throw in the first place. Am I saying your defense isn't as good as some of you SDSU fans say it is ? No. Do I think if Pat Paschall had been out there that maybe we could have run the ball a little better ? Well sure, but no one will ever know. Do I think the refs had it out for us just like all the other games we have lost this year ? No. Do I think if we hadn't had X amount of penalties there could have been a better outcome ? Yes. I'd like to think if we had better QB play, the receiver that was wide open on the sidelines would have gotten the ball and went for 6 but instead was overthrown terribly. Do I think Minnett isn't an absolute stud and got lucky that day and that O'Brien isn't a good QB ? No. Do I think if maybe our LB corp was a little healthier and our DB's knew what covering a recevier meant that we could have held you to fewer points ? Yeah. Does any of this line of thinking make sense to you guys ? We know your a good team and I don't have a problem admitting you're better than us. It's hard to say that but it's true. But, and you knew there would be a "but", you'd have to admit that we seem to find ways to make it increasingly difficult to win ballgames. I don't think that takes away from the value of the other team does it ?
        What does this apologetic analysis of failed bison football have to do with the Color Guard?

Comment

So the poster before me says jack squat about the color guard and you ask ME that question ? Thread drift happens my man, deal with it.

Comment

So the poster before me says jack squat about the color guard and you ask ME that question ? Thread drift happens my man, deal with it.
            Yeah I will ask you that question since you were so apologetic about your bison who here we all could care less about. If you know nothiing about Color Guard dont post. Better yet take your apologies all the way back to Bisonville. Maybe there are sobbing folks who will read your babble.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Yeah I will ask you that question since you were so apologetic about your bison who here we all could care less about. If you know nothiing about Color Guard dont post. Better yet take your apologies all the way back to Bisonville. Maybe there are sobbing folks who will read your babble.
              I wouldn't say everyone here does not care about the Bison. At least that is what I think you are saying as you are not clear with "we all could care less about" as I think you meant "couldn't care less about".

8>1 appreciate your input. Think it was unfair YOU and only you were singled out for thread drift. If you look at almost ANY thread here there is thread drift. You are right...it happens. Some posters have trouble accepting someone else's point of view.

Comment

What was it he said that was of value or we have not heard before? I think in a very long around way he was trying to justify the home of the Bison crap during the national athem. Also if we were 1-7 and posted anything over on Bisonville, you be laughed off their board.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  I wouldn't say everyone here does not care about the Bison. At least that is what I think you are saying as you are not clear with "we all could care less about" as I think you meant "couldn't care less about".

8>1 appreciate your input. Think it was unfair YOU and only you were singled out for thread drift. If you look at almost ANY thread here there is thread drift. You are right...it happens. Some posters have trouble accepting someone else's point of view.
                  The moderators have not said squat so how you get 8 GREATER THAN ONE as being singled out? I called him out but yet you turned around and blasted me for replying? What are you some kind of a bison fan?

Comment

Nidaros, the fact that you still think I'm trying to justify the "Bison" yelling during the anthem after everything I've said in this thread up to this point shows me your just not getting it. I still like to think of the rivalry between our favorite universities as a friendly one, because a non friendly one is the one we had with UND and you guys with USD. Again, don't lump me in with the rest of the garbage spewing Bison fans that are not in touch with reality. If the simple fact that I am a Bison supporter instantly makes you not like me then I don't know what else to say at this point.

Comment

No, I'm not one of the fans that yells "Bison" at the end of the anthem and I think it's very disrespectful. I also remain standing until the colors are retired. My dad is a vietnam vet and he leads by example by remaining at attention throughout all of it. I also don't need to go to any VFW, I work for the Dept. of Veterans Affairs and the VA hospital so I work with and care for vets every day.
                      Nidaros,
                      I don't think the above leaves much room question where 8>1 stands on the national anthem. I am going to chose to believe in a very long post that it got overlooked.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                        Nidaros,
                        I don't think the above leaves much room question where 8>1 stands on the national anthem. I am going to chose to believe in a very long post that it got overlooked.
                        Amen.

Comment

My apologies to 8>1, Montana Rabbit and anyone else for being hasty in my judgement. I should know better but sometimes I let my emotions get the best of me. This is my last post to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            My apologies to 8>1, Montana Rabbit and anyone else for being hasty in my judgement. I should know better but sometimes I let my emotions get the best of me. This is my last post to this thread.
                            Hey, no worries. I probably shouldn't have called you out, but IMO 8>1 did nothing to warrant you telling him not to post here. Plus it is nice to have other teams fans on this board.

It is good to have a different perspective every once in a while, even from the bison.

Comment

Apology accepted. My thread drift was simply trying to offer some insight to an earlier statement made in the thread about Bison fans' arrogance and I should have been more specific about what direction I was taking it. I also tried to give from my perspective how I saw that Bison-Jacks game and give an explanation of sorts about what " we beat ourselves " means to the average Bison fan. I know you guys hate hearing that expression from Bison fans so I was just trying to clear it up a bit. I know you're still going to get those of us that won't give you any credit for the win but every bunch has bad apples that won't be convinced otherwise.

Comment

Thank you both 8>1 and Montana Rabbit for accepting my apologiies. I spent the last couple of days hospitalized. I apparently had a minor stroke, but got all my abilities, just some numbness on the left side. Typing is good therapy so I was told. I will have some out patient therapy and am now on a blood thinner that is a bit stronger than baby aspirin. This has made me stop and think about a number of things. Those hospital beds are hell for me. So if that does not make you want to wish well and good things for everyone, I dont know what will.

So if I see something I dont like in the future I just miight let it go. For 8>1, I am not a youngster and graduated from SDSU in 1965, so I have watched NDSU ascend from the cellar of the NCC to being repeat champion year after year. I have met a great number of North Dakota people and one on one they are not what you hear and see as a group at football games. I suspect the Bison will be back winning shortly.

Comment

Working...
                                X