O'Brien or Crawford?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: O'Brien or Crawford?

Crawford looked to be still limping some on the sidelines when he was warming up....
    Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
    Muhammad Ali

Comment

This is what I love about us fans. I know that its our right to question the coaching decisions, but honestly do any of us NOT trust Stig or think we know more than him, or any of the coaches? Stig wouldn't make any decisions without carefully weighing each decision, and he most certainly wont make any that wouldn't help out the team the most.
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
        This is what I love about us fans. I know that its our right to question the coaching decisions, but honestly do any of us NOT trust Stig or think we know more than him, or any of the coaches? Stig wouldn't make any decisions without carefully weighing each decision, and he most certainly wont make any that wouldn't help out the team the most.
        I totally agree, but it will be pretty easy to start second guessing if Crawford starts out a little sluggish this week or the offense in general seems out of it. Another way to look at it is that if Crawford is still the better quarterback, would the last two weeks have been different in their outcomes?

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
          Coach Stig has earned the Jackrabbit Fans respect. I can and will support whichever QB he feels is appropriate for this weekends game. That said, if he starts RC and we lose there will be losts of posters that will be second guessing that choice. I will not be one of them.

Personally I would start TOB and if he struggles in comes Mr. Crawford to save the day.

What a great position we find ourselves in with two quality QB's.

The Youngstown game is huge and so will be each and every game after it. We've come to far to let the guins get in our way. 1-0 this week.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
            Sounds like Craw will be back in the saddle against Youngstown State. Here's a tweet from TV at the Argus:

Breaking news: Senior Ryan Crawford is likely to start at quarterback for SDSU this week. The official decision will come Tuesday.
            I think Stig's heart-strings are pulling on him on this one. Both are quality QB's, but they have two completely different styles and throw two completely different balls. It's asking an awful lot of the entire offense to be able to keep adjusting to those differeces week after week. We control our own destiny for the first time ever basically...I hope this works out.
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I'm not going to say I want one or the other that way I can be THAT guy after the next game with the "I told you so's".

Just kidding! Although I've never been wrong in hindsight! Both guys will be prepared to play and I'm sure they will expect to if the starter, whomever that will be, struggles for an extended period.

We've got to winners. The coaches will find the positives in that and be ready to go.

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rational thought View Post
                Crawford looked to be still limping some on the sidelines when he was warming up....
                I watched him doing that goofy pocket mobility drill during the pregame (they basically hop around back and forth with their feet set to throw) and he seemed quicker at it than TOB. It didn't seem to bug him. I did see a little hitch in his giddyup when he was running straight forward, but other than that, he looked OK for a guy with a knee injury.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  The Argus Leader has a quote from Thomas O'Brien during the post game press conference that displays his feeling about the QB situations:
                  Link
                  If you want to see the press conference video, here is the link:

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=204820463

Comment

If Crawford is the starter, then it's good that it is YSU this week before SIU.

Hopefully the receivers can adjust again to the other style of throw. TOB is showing to be a class act. I have to imagine that the team would be exited to have a senior leader back at the helm. They obviously believed in him before.

I'm really starting to believe....

Comment

I was assuming whoever starts at YSU will be our starter for the rest of the year. It makes the most sense to commit to one of them and give them a game before SIU. Here's hoping Craw plays well and knocks the rust off on Saturday so he's ready next week.

On a side note, I watched Crawford on the sidelines last weekend. He didn't miss an opportunity to talk to TOB presumably about what was going on and seemed to be helping him out. A couple of us saw him on the field celebrating after a touchdown...I mean on the field all the way to the hashmarks. I saw him grab someone a water bottle as they came off the field. Now, I'd rather see TOB out there on Saturday because of the momentum that he's built. However, I noticed Crawford being the best teammate he could possibly be on Saturday. That says something about his character.

Comment

I understand that Crawford is the starter.... but still, I think its at who gives the team the best chance to win and I think everybody will admit that TOB is the better overal QB, and the reason Crawford got the job was because he was a senior and they were so close. The problem is now that you throw it back and if Crawford doesn't look great next week, EVERYBODY is going to be calling for TOB to start against SIU......

Comment

To me this is probably the worst decision that could be made. TOB leads us to the biggest win in program history and the next week is on the bench just because Stig feels loyal to a senior. That is the feeling I get. I know people are gonna rip me for saying that but does anyone feel that Crawford would have led us to win over UNI? I sure don't. When Crawford plays, we run the ball. And we couldn't do that against UNI. TOB is the reason we won that game. I love the Jacks just as everyone else, but this is big time football and TOB is the future, and the future is NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue View Post
                            To me this is probably the worst decision that could be made. TOB leads us to the biggest win in program history and the next week is on the bench just because Stig feels loyal to a senior. That is the feeling I get. I know people are gonna rip me for saying that but does anyone feel that Crawford would have led us to win over UNI? I sure don't. When Crawford plays, we run the ball. And we couldn't do that against UNI. TOB is the reason we won that game. I love the Jacks just as everyone else, but this is big time football and TOB is the future, and the future is NOW!
                            The way I look at it is this, Crawford probably has 1 maybe two quarters to come in and perform. If he is not able to, for whatever reason, I see TOB coming in. I would rather see it this week than next.

Comment

Sigh, this feels EXACTLY like the conversations we were having at the beginning of the year, with everyone gushing over TOB. YES, he has a good arm, and has done well. And in response to BigBlue, if you don't think that Crawford would have done as well against UNI as TOB, I personally think you are sorely mistaken. And to think that Stig would put in Crawford solely on the premise that hes a senior is a bit silly. Remember this isn't a hobby for Stig where he just can go with what he feels. This is his JOB, and his a$$ is on the line with every decision he makes. You think he would put in someone who he thought wouldn't give the team the best chance to win? You think hes that type of coach who would be so unfair to the rest of the team as to put them at a disadvantage? Let Stig do his job. I realize a lot of us are BIG TOB fans. Yes he is going to be amazing. But just because he has a bigger arm is he better? I don't know, but I definately believe that Stig has way more knowledge about this in his left pinky than ANYONE on the board. SO i will put total faith in him and the coaching staff.
                              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I think the fans have got to trust the coaches on this choice. Crawford was playing pretty good until his injury. Do we know he wouldn't have lead SDSU to a win against UNI? No. But if anyone thinks the coaches will let him go out and play if he wasn't totally ready to play or if they didn't think he can lead the team to a win, they really need to think again. I'm fine with Crawford starting and I'm fine with TOB starting. Both are worthy QBs.
                                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                                X